Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gumball Rally?

Blog Entries

Gumball Rally?

How often do you have these events and when is the next one? I've seen the pictures and videos and they look like fun..

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries
    We have so far had two Gumball Rally events. Formal plans haven't been totally formalized yet, but there will be a couple more coming up.

(Don't want to say anything definite yet since the exacts haven't been totally ironed out at this point... )

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Gumball Rally?

It's a must B26. Great fun, great people and a whole new way to enjoy Disneyland. MiceChatters may kick my butt for saying this but they need to raise the price. All the stuff you get and a nice dinner after? Should cost at least $10 more just on principle.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's a must B26. Great fun, great people and a whole new way to enjoy Disneyland. MiceChatters may kick my butt for saying this but they need to raise the price. All the stuff you get and a nice dinner after? Should cost at least $10 more just on principle.
    Now that I have a pass I really need to put a team together... I have plenty of perfect names in mind! We also need a good poster/logo... and what about Gumball Run instead of Rally?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Now that I have a pass I really need to put a team together... I have plenty of perfect names in mind!
    You'd had better get a screening process ready because while you may think that some of these people you have in mind know their trivia, they may have some other personal issues (frequent potty breaks, etc...) that might slow your team down

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    You'd had better get a screening process ready because while you may think that some of these people you have in mind know their trivia, they may have some other personal issues (frequent potty breaks, etc...) that might slow your team down
    Good advice.

•   
    • Super Hero

So do the serious Gumball Rally participants take a few Imodium tablets the night before and limit their liquid intake to sucking on ice cubes during the Rally? Dang, I may not be hard-core enough to be competitive!

What month is Gumball Rally traditionally held, anyway? I can't remember from last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• Senior Minion

It was held the day before MiceChat's 3 year anniversary in January.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    So do the serious Gumball Rally participants take a few Imodium tablets the night before and limit their liquid intake to sucking on ice cubes during the Rally? Dang, I may not be hard-core enough to be competitive!

What month is Gumball Rally traditionally held, anyway? I can't remember from last year.
    Based on how our team got pummeled with water on GRR we should have just went then. It would have at least warmed us up for a few minutes.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm not a rally participant, but I'd like to say I'd rather it not be held on the anniversary weekend next year. I felt that this past year it made the actual anniversary itself rather anti-climactic in the minds of many. Some were just too tired to make it back for Sunday.

I know I'll be in the definite minority on that one, but that hasn't stopped me before.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Good advice.
    Hey, Kobe, don't be so upset. It's not like we were playing for money!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    I would likely be joining a team since I am not good with screening or planning but great at having fun! I just want to have a cool team name and cool shirts.

•   
    • Senior Minion

I would likely be joining a team since I am not good with screening or planning but great at having fun! I just want to have a cool team name and cool shirts.
    Well then it seems like you've got the right attitude for a guaranteed good time!

FYI DiP-I think that the only way Aashee's going to be on your team again is if you got fitted for adult diapers.

• "I Break Things"

For some reason I am reminded of the canoe races a while back. We had a pretty good team, but it was the team names (yes we went through several before one was formally allowed by the censors) and the constant joke cracking that really earned us a reputation!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Now that I have a pass I really need to put a team together... I have plenty of perfect names in mind! We also need a good poster/logo... and what about Gumball Run instead of Rally?
    It's "rally", because it's based on a movie of the same name. Cue Circarama with the picture...
    A signature should go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast