Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Princess dolls previously available at DLR

There was a line of princess dolls that used to be available all over Disneyland (and the World of Disney store), but they've since disappeared. These were the dolls that came with two outfits to change into, such as Cinderella with her mouse-made pink dress + godmother-made blue dress, Aurora with pink + blue dress, etc. They've since been replaced with a line of dolls that only come with one dress.

I can't even find any dolls from this older line on eBay! Does anyone know whether they still have any of these dolls available at any other Disney locations?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Princess dolls previously available at DLR

I have a bunch of these dolls. They're the ones similar to Barbies right? And they came with their gown and then their alternate dress or outfit. I have Belle, Snow White, Jasmine and Aladdin, Cinderella and maybe Ariel. I'd have to look. They were from the 90's. I just tried to look on Ebay too and they're nowhere to be found. Though I have seen them on Ebay before. I have no idea where you can get them anymore. They are not sold any longer.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Disney Nerd

I have the Sleeping Beauty doll. I'm actually looking to clean out a bit of my collection and she is in prime condition, totally unopened. If any one is interested, pm me and we can work something out.

• Queen Elsa

If it the ones I think I have the Ariel one. The last time I was at Disneyland in May I though I saw them in the Princess shop behide the castle. Is this the ones your talking about. It the first Ariel in that picture.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'll see if I can get pictures of mine to post.

Facebook me!

• Minion

ORWEN: I think the current line of Disney Princess dolls they sell at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World aren't as good a quality as what they used to sell. At one time you could also buy dolls of Prince Phillip, Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Aladdin, etc. But now they've stopped making them, too! Over time they've just cheaped out in the Merchandising department and don't have as nice a product when it comes to dolls. I'm glad I bought all the GOOD versions when they were still available.

• Mrs. J. Depp

OK TDL I got some photos. They are only of Snow White and Belle. Are these the ones you are talking about? They came in their rags or peasant clothes and then had their ball gowns to change into.

Facebook me!

I used to have that Belle one! It was my favorite of all my Barbie dolls (because let's face it, when you're that age, they're all the same thing either way).

• Queen Elsa

I do have Ariel's pink dress but I just didn't put it on. I only got that doll for I can replace the one that is on my photo of her and me but as u see I didn't replace her I kept her.
    Last edited by Capt Hook; 06-20-2008 at 02:26 PM.

• Minion

ORGOCH: It's prob'ly a good thing ya DIDN'T put on Ariel's pink dress, Capt. Hook! Ya don't want no rumors a goin' 'round 'bout ya bein' no cross dresser, does ya?

• Minion

ORWEN: I thought we were all talking about the dolls made just for the Disney theme parks. The pictues some of you have been putting up are made by Mattel and are sold outside of the parks. Those have the best faces, of course. But the theme park versions were okay until they stopped making them and then came out with a whole new line that just isn't nearly as good. The newest Princess Aurora doll, for example, just doesn't look a thing like her. Plus she has no prince doll to keep her company.

• Queen Elsa

This is the doll I got at Disneyland last year. I got it at Empoliem [ms] at Main Street. She comes with her pink dinner dress

• Minion

YUP I played with dolls.

For some reason I can only remember the packaging and not the actual toys. I totally know what your talking about though.

on a recent trip to DLR, my niece was interested in a tinkerbell doll in the Small world toy shop. I turned to my bother and said, "this looks like some 99 cent knock off in attractive packaging!" needles to say we didn't buy the toy because it was to expensive.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: YUP I played with dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    For some reason I can only remember the packaging and not the actual toys. I totally know what your talking about though.

on a recent trip to DLR, my niece was interested in a tinkerbell doll in the Small world toy shop. I turned to my bother and said, "this looks like some 99 cent knock off in attractive packaging!" needles to say we didn't buy the toy because it was to expensive.
    Back when they sold these dolls, we bought a Tinker Bell doll that was a Skipper Barbie doll, just dressed as Tinker Bell. They did sell these in the parks, at the Disney Store and other places. But it was Barbie quality.

In this picture, Wendy and Tinker are Skipper dolls. These are made by Mattel.
    http://i22.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/f0/32/d080_1.JPG
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-20-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Hotlinked picture Removed. Hotlinking is not allowed.

Facebook me!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    YAY I had the Petter Pan and Tink Dolls! Didn't the doll come with a plastic cable to make them fly?

Also, does anyone remember the miniature princess dolls that made music when placed on a plastic stand? This was being sold in the park in the early 1990's.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-20-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Hotlinked Picture Removed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast