Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Diva Extrodinaire

What To Do With Big Thunder Ranch Area?

I had an idea for a Pocahontas water ride becuase it could make a smooth transition from Frontierland to Fantasyland plus feature my favorite forgotten princess.

Any other ideas? What are the Imagineers thinking about putting there?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Re: What To Do With Big Thunder Ranch Area?

Vulcania... Nautilus... Mysterious Island.

• =)

If (when?) someone brings up Western River Expedition, I'll scream.

I'm not really sure what I want done back there, but there's certainly enough room for quite a large show building to be hidden, as several threads have elucidated. I'm game for some sort of big E-ticket, preferably a dark ride or something in the vein of Indy. Just not sure exactly what yet.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I think an extension of Frontierland would be great... but nothing themed to animation. I want it to be a realistic experience.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think an extension of Frontierland would be great... but nothing themed to animation. I want it to be a realistic experience.
    Agreed. Absolutely and unequivocally, NO MOVIE TIE-INS.

It needs to be like BTMRR, real life related.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I like Pocahontas and an attraction on her behalf would be neat, but I don't think it really fits with Fantasyland or Frontierland. It's not a fairy story or make-believe, and although it is set in America, it's over 200 years too early and hundreds of miles too far east to fit into the 'Old West' of Frontierland.

So, stick it in Tomorrowland with Buzz and Nemo. (kidding...mostly.)
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Closed Account

How about a BBQ? You know, with fresh-smoked meats, mason-jar glases, red-checked table cloths and a camp fire in the middle? Seems like that area would be a good place for one...

• Pirate love

How about a Buffalo Bill's Wild West type show? With BBQ type food available. (I like the BBQ idea Steve)

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardpineaple View Post
    How about a Buffalo Bill's Wild West type show? With BBQ type food available. (I like the BBQ idea Steve)
    This idea, I love. I would definitely come to see that.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I have said this before somewhere I believe, but I am in favor of a companion dark ride to Big Thunder...more of like abandoned mine shafts and even more equipment, caves...but it wouldn't be a roller coaster, would be small mine cart type vehicles that go into the earth, slightly eerier atmosphere, knockings on the walls, veins of gold, perhaps something do with the native american legends like the thunderbird, or the wendigo....something like an abandoned mine, keeping with the theme of the BTMR mines being abandoned and cursed, but here it's about the spirits or hauntings that caused everyone to flee.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    How about a BBQ? You know, with fresh-smoked meats, mason-jar glases, red-checked table cloths and a camp fire in the middle? Seems like that area would be a good place for one...
    Gee, while we're looking at the whole area, that BBQ Restaurant would only fill up a part of the area - How about putting up an outdoor theatre with decent lighting and sound, and putting a show together?

And no, we don't have to bring back "HBoND Festival of Fools" to complete the farce...

But this is Disney we're talking about. If they can't come up with something good to draw people back there I would be shocked. Heck, stay with the area theme and do a sort of 'Country Bear Hoedown Live', or let Laughing Stock Co. expand "Frontierland: The Little Town that Could" into a full improv.

Or if they want to invest a little effort, they could do a variation on a "Wild West Show" with Ropin and Ridin and Bulldoggin and the rest - scaled down to fit the arena. You could even have the obligatory Cappuchin riding a Aussie Shepherd...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• I'm not really here

Wouldn't it be cool if they could get something together with the Appledumpling Gang? Your classic western bumbling idiots who still manage to get it done.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Gee, while we're looking at the whole area, that BBQ Restaurant would only fill up a part of the area - How about putting up an outdoor theatre with decent lighting and sound, and putting a show together?

And no, we don't have to bring back "HBoND Festival of Fools" to complete the farce...

But this is Disney we're talking about. If they can't come up with something good to draw people back there I would be shocked. Heck, stay with the area theme and do a sort of 'Country Bear Hoedown Live', or let Laughing Stock Co. expand "Frontierland: The Little Town that Could" into a full improv.

Or if they want to invest a little effort, they could do a variation on a "Wild West Show" with Ropin and Ridin and Bulldoggin and the rest - scaled down to fit the arena. You could even have the obligatory Cappuchin riding a Aussie Shepherd...

--<< Bruce >>--
    Another eating place being brought back would be welcome as well, and a live stage that gets used permanently for sure....and if Disneyland ever had a monkey riding a dog, I'd so be there.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Cove Bar Official Dj

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    i'm with Steve on this one
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• MCP Warrior Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SiRocket View Post
    i'm with Steve on this one
    I don't get why they closed it either. Next to Blue Bayou, it was the best restaurant in the park. Atmosphere was perfect, food was outstanding (and I live in Kansas City and know BBQ) the price was good and the portions huge....and it made money for the park !!!!! WTF ??? The more I think about it the more upset I get. BRING BACK BTMBBQ !!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast