Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: I need something cleared up (Dream Fastpass policy)

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    I have use my old Dream Fast Passes and it works!
    Was it the 2007 ones cause I have those ones

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by jl559 View Post
    Was it the 2007 ones cause I have those ones
    Mine was 2008, sorry.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Let's try to answer it this way.

A regular FastPass states a beginning time and an ending time. The reality is that the beginning time is strictly enforced but the ending time is not enforced at all. If you ask guest relations about the ending time they will tell you that the ending time is the latest time the FP can be used. They are entirely correct because that is the official policy. Guest relations is in the business of explaining the official policy, not the business of explaining the unofficial reality.

On the other hand the CMs working the attractions are dealing with reality. There is no upside in enforcing the end time limit so they don't. Now someday management may tell the hosts to start enforcing the end time and that would occur without any change to the official policy.

It is sort of like asking a cop how fast you can go on a 35MPH road, he will tell you 35MPH, but then he will sit there and let hundreds of cars drive by at 38MPH. This is basic common sense.

BTW you can buy untold numbers of old unused Dream FastPasses on Ebay for about $30 per set, a great addition to a crowded summer day visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    BTW you can buy untold numbers of old unused Dream FastPasses on Ebay for about $30 per set, a great addition to a crowded summer day visit.
    If people are collecting dream fast passes just to resell them, that is very disturbing. Most people at the parks are wanting a little extra magic, and someone is trying to capitilize on the "Value" of a dream fast pass and thus stealing the magic for someone who is there at the park to have a good time and find that extra magic, but can't since someone wants a quick and easy buck. I think that I just threw up in my mouth thinking about that.
    Last edited by Indiana Jeff; 06-19-2008 at 06:00 PM.

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I know when I worked there it was usually up to the CM at the attraction. You can come across the CM who is a stickler for the rules and will follow Guest Relation rules to the smallest detail. If you come across one of those you will probably be denied entrance since the first thing they usually look at is the date printed on them.
    If I were a CM, I would probably be a stickler mostly because I don't like people trying to game the system. That kinda thing irks the crap out of me. Those selling Dream Fast Passes on eBay, those who try to use outdated normal FPs or trying to sneak through using different attraction FPs (like Indy ones at SM) are trying to pull a fast one and it's creepy.

I've won the Dream Fast Pass three times and I never thought about using them beyond the printed date. It's sort of understood that they are only good for that day much like any normal Fast Pass (why else would they print the date?). The only real difference is that you get one for every attraction.

If CMs allows people to use them whenever even though it is not in harmony with Guest Relations, I suppose that's on them. But, to me, the Dream Fast Passes would/should work the same as the regular ones.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

OK, this is the "Marketing" of the 27 months of the over 2.25 million prizes as compared to the "real world".

Walt Disney World tends to offer all Fastpass attractions daily, and doesn't shut down certain FP queues on slow days. Also, if you win a Dream FastPass at WDW, you only get ONE card, that is only good for the one park that you won it at that day.

Disneyland on the other hand, tends to shut down a lot of FP queues to save labor costs in the off-season. For example, you can find only 2 queues out of the 5 FP attractions at DCA open on slow days, and Disneyland has about 5 out of 7.

And the attractions that are offering FP, many times it makes NO difference in the wait, as both the FP and Stand By are walk-ons at the merge point.

This isn't much of a dream/prize for the winner, and since Anaheim has a lot more repeat (aka local) visitors, for "Guest Relations" reasons, Disneyland updated the operation guides for attractions, and specifically stated that the CM's at the FP check point should IGNORE the date on the Dream FP (same policy as the expiration time on a regular FP), but only check the fact that the guest has both the large main card, and the small tab for the attraction, and that the number on both should match. So if you work attractions, the "Official" policy is that the Dream Fastpass is good anytime from when you win it until December 31st, 2008.

Now, the Guest Relations staff is trained mainly by the Marketing department (they answer most phone calls and questions) and are told to state the "Marketing" policy, UNLESS they have a complaint, such as on a rainy Tuesday in the off-season and have a guest complaint... "What type of Dream is this I won... Most of the attractions don't even take the Dream FP, and those who do have no wait anyways!!!", in this specific case, the Guest Relations staff can assure the guest they can use it any other day for the rest of their trip (as Marketing thinks that most guests are visitors, even though that is not the case).

Kinda like the fact that if you walk through Downtown Disney, or even the Main Entrance Plaza and the Ticket Booths, you will see a ride called "Toy Story Mania!", but when you enter the turnstile for DCA, it magically changes its name to "Toy Story Midway Mania!". Marketing is sending out one message, operations is sending out another....

Just the way Disney works.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• See Ya Real Soon!

What is policy and what is in practice aren't the always the same thing.

No outside food or drink is the policy but in practice they allow it.

• Sock Puppet

I already knew the 2008 ones work until the end of 08, but my question is about the 07 ones.

• When Will It Return?

To me, this is very different that the non-expiring FastPasses. EVERY FastPass expires, no matter what, after the date of issuance. That's why a date (and a year now) is printed on them.

The Dream Fastpasses have printed on them, in big bold capital letters: VALID ONLY ON MM/DD/YYYY. I'm not sure how that can be missed, mis-read, or taken to mean anything but that. Am I missing something?

The attraction FP's have printed on them "return anytime between" the window, but, as we know, the ending time is not enforced because of potential breakdowns or other mishaps that prevent anal-rententive enforcement of the hour-long window. That's a very understandable, and good policy to have. I can not imagine any sort of similar excuse why the VALID ONLY ON MM/DD/YYYY on the Dream FP's would allow Dream FP's a year and beyond old to be used in the park.

Ok, I have some cynical suppositions, but still...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    I can not imagine any sort of similar excuse why the VALID ONLY ON MM/DD/YYYY on the Dream FP's would allow Dream FP's a year and beyond old to be used in the park.
    Because the "winner" gets a set of two Cards, one with 7 FP's for Disneyland, and 5 for DCA. Many off-season days the FP queues are not offered on slow days, so why should a winner on a slow Tuesday be treated any different that a summer Saturday? It is the Same prize, with the same value, based on the official rules.

Also, who knows which attractions were closed or went 101 that day. The CM's at the FastPass checkpoint have no easy way of checking those facts, so the folks in charge of operations said, just take any Dream FP, no matter the date, as it would be too much of a pain. What could Disney do, install a computer terminal at each FP check point (and on some rides, they move depending on how busy it is). How long would it take for that CM to pull up the info on that date? The lines would back up quickly.

The exact same reason the Regular FP's are taken any time after the starting time on the same day. If the ride is closed, or went 101, then FP's are not issued, but the CM at the check point normally has no idea if the attraction went 101 earlier in the day (shift changes) or that the guest got trapped on another attraction. So instead of some type of fancy verification system, just easier to make the policy, good from the starting time until the end of the day.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gRuMpEe View Post
    First of all....how did you get all those dream fastpasses?!?!
    Yes, BCC, HOLY COW, you got a lot of Dream Fast Passes. It's hard to track down ONE Dream Fast Pass, but over 10??!?!?! Crickey!!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    To me, this is very different that the non-expiring FastPasses. EVERY FastPass expires, no matter what, after the date of issuance. That's why a date (and a year now) is printed on them.

The Dream Fastpasses have printed on them, in big bold capital letters: VALID ONLY ON MM/DD/YYYY. I'm not sure how that can be missed, mis-read, or taken to mean anything but that. Am I missing something?

The attraction FP's have printed on them "return anytime between" the window, but, as we know, the ending time is not enforced because of potential breakdowns or other mishaps that prevent anal-rententive enforcement of the hour-long window. That's a very understandable, and good policy to have. I can not imagine any sort of similar excuse why the VALID ONLY ON MM/DD/YYYY on the Dream FP's would allow Dream FP's a year and beyond old to be used in the park.

Ok, I have some cynical suppositions, but still...

-- PMM
    I understand and agree with what you are saying, HOWEVER, it is to my understanding that they have changed their policy on Dream Fastpass. If this change had not occurred, I wouldn't even be questioning whether or not I could use them.

Being a P.A.P holder I would not use the DreamPass and have my girlfriend scrapbook the sucker! Anyone else? Would you use it or save it?

well its because Attractions cast members don't care. Instead of getting into argument about this they just collect and let you through.

ok.. im going to disneyland this saturday 8/9/08. i got dream fastpass from a friend who won them on 7/11/08. if it works, ima youtube it.. if a CM rejects me, ima youtube him rejecting me along with his statement. has anyone else tried their dream fastpass in august?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast