Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Stayin' alive

Re: I need something cleared up (Dream Fastpass policy)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixster View Post
    well its because Attractions cast members don't care. Instead of getting into argument about this they just collect and let you through.
    CMs do care. But it's hard to summon the stamina to explain the rules to the 100th guest looking for a fight over whether or not s/he can use expired FPs. If we use our discretion to let a rider with an expired FP/Dream FP (but not an FP to an entirely different ride -- that's asking a bit much) on to a ride, we've kept harmony and made a teensy bit of magic for that guest and his/her family.

well. i too called guest relations at the #714 something number.. the woman told me a FLAT OUT NO! and that people are spreading rumors that dream passes work all year, also she said CM's are supposed to deny expired dream passes. wow she being a real itch. but she did sound like shes 80 something years old so who knows the real truth here? im going to dlr this saturday and i have expired dream passes.. ill let you know the real deal on what happens.

They will work. Myself and others have done it.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    well. i too called guest relations at the #714 something number.. the woman told me a FLAT OUT NO! and that people are spreading rumors that dream passes work all year, also she said CM's are supposed to deny expired dream passes. wow she being a real itch. but she did sound like shes 80 something years old so who knows the real truth here? im going to dlr this saturday and i have expired dream passes.. ill let you know the real deal on what happens.
    Go back a few posts, I explained in full detail the reason..

When you call in, you get ahold of Guest Relations, which is required to give out the "Marketing" message.

But when you get to the park, then Operations is in charge, and their official policy is clear, based on the Operation Guide that is handed out to CM's and used in training. Dream Fastpasses are good regardless of the date printed. The rules are, you must have the lanyard with BOTH large badges (DL and DCA) and that the small tab for the specific ride much match up with the serial number.

Kinda like Toy Story Mania! (Marketing) and Toy Story Midway Mania! (Operations), heck in the Main Entrance Area, you can see both versions, as Marketing is in charge of the Ticket Booths and DtD, but TDA is in charge of the in-park promotions, such as the Honda Giveaway. (Though on the website to enter, it is Toy Story Mania!, as it required Disney Corporate approval, and they required the shorter TSM! Marketing name to be used).

So the answer depends on who you talk to, but since Operations is the folks in charge of the Fastpass queues and the CM's collecting the FP's, that is the BEST answer.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123