Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Do you believe in magic?

Question Odd Character question

I just started thinking about this the other day and I thought I'd present it to y'all and see what you can tell me. I was wondering if the Characters (Face or fur, doesn't matter) ever get complained at? Like have any guests ever gone up to the characters and complained that the admission is too high or the food sucks or something like that? I can't imagine that it's likely, but I was just curious. hehe. Thanks for indulging me.
    Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Odd Character question

I doubt it. I don't think there is a need to. Why would they??

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Characters do get complaints. Not very often because they can't do much about it but they do.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I can imagine someone is meeting Cinderella or some other face character and Cindy says "Are you having a good time?" or something like that and the person responds with "Well maybe if the prices for everything werent so high!", maybe that sort of complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I doubt it. I don't think there is a need to. Why would they??
    because people will complain to anyone who'll listen. lol. I worked in a theme park for 7 years (not one with characters which is why I ask) so I know firsthand that if you look like you're willing to empathize/sympathize people will let you have it. Just because they need someone to rant at. hehehe

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    I can imagine someone is meeting Cinderella or some other face character and Cindy says "Are you having a good time?" or something like that and the person responds with "Well maybe if the prices for everything werent so high!", maybe that sort of complaint.
    Yeah, that I totally can imagine. The face characters would probably respond with, "I'm so sorry."

• no YOU shut up!

Blog Entries

Mostly what I have heard is complaints about waiting so long to meet a character.

The princesses do an excellent job of offsetting this, though. I have heard MANY people comment that they were at their wit's end trying to wrangle their toddler to wait in line for 30 minutes to meet a princess, but then the Princess will take a little time to make a magical moment for their child and all of that goes away and it was suddenly worth the wait/cost.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

i've seen many characters get ranted at about line waits to meet them.

• Minion

ORWEN: I don't know anything about the characters getting complaints. But I DO know that, sometimes, the characters end up being the complainers, themselves!! When I was at Disneyland for the 50th Anniversary, I kept running into Cruella De Ville. At one point she snarls at me and says, "Are YOU still here?! Haven't got anything better to do than stalk me?!" I tried to explain that I wasn't stalking her at all and that she just happened to be in my way every time I turned around. That's when she accused me of wanting to steal her fur coat. She threatened to call the Insecurity guards on me. I just walked off and didn't pay any more attention to the old bat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I don't know anything about the characters getting complaints. But I DO know that, sometimes, the characters end up being the complainers, themselves!! When I was at Disneyland for the 50th Anniversary, I kept running into Cruella De Ville. At one point she snarls at me and says, "Are YOU still here?! Haven't got anything better to do than stalk me?!" I tried to explain that I wasn't stalking her at all and that she just happened to be in my way every time I turned around. That's when she accused me of wanting to steal her fur coat. She threatened to call the Insecurity guards on me. I just walked off and didn't pay any more attention to the old bat!!
    Haha! I love it. Perhaps Cruella was stalking you? lol.

• Delawarean Girl

I would think complaints.

While I was at WDW one year. I was on the train looking at the people take pictures with Mickey. This one lady seem to have a problem with Mickey. I don't know, if she wasn't ready or something. But she seem to have a fit with Mickey. She was poking at him madly and going into his ear.

I love it!
    I went to Disneyland a few years back and they "testing" the Villains. They had them in a roped off picture area (not the one by the castle, nothing as official) to see how people would respond. I was getting my picture taken with Jafar when I accidentally stepped on his robe. He was not amused and cursed me with his snake septer.

• Banned User

I've seen Mickey get kicked by little kids, I guess that would be considered complaining.

• Geoff London

Red Face Re: Odd Character question

That wouldn't be part of her character would it by any chance? She has THE coat and thinks anybody could be wanting to take it from her.

Given human nature I should imagine some people would complain to a trash can if they thought it would listen!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Odd Character question

I once complained to the Mad Hatter about the problem in ToonTown with giant rodents. He just seemed like a guy that could get things done. Was supposed to send a Cheshire Cat to deal with the problem, but last time I was there I saw a mouse that must've been 6 feet tall! I should probably complain to someone about that.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast