View Poll Results: What Should Bee The Orange Stiners Fate?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let it bee. Keep the Stinger as is.

5 4.81%
  • Re-theme the Stinger to Silly Symphany

57 54.81%
  • Level the Stinger and use it's land (in part) for a log ride replacement

24 23.08%
  • Sit the Stinger on top of the Tower of Terror for a hightened experience.

18 17.31%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Orange Stinger 2B Blown Away By Tornado

Quote Originally Posted by wettham1783 View Post
    Hopefully exposing it and allowing guests to swing out over the water will make this ride more fun. As it is I have never had the urge to ride this off the shelf ride.
    The California Zepher, of course, already swings out over the lake - and that is a fun dynamic. The Silly Symphany ride will be even more exciting - due to the cool music and effects.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If Disney is still interested in that cheezy off the shelf carnival ride it should stay. Not my cup of tea so I voted to level it.
    May the cheeziness live on! Pass me another slice of pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    I guess I dont understand. How can such effects work if the whole ride is exposed?
    Well ..um ..niether do I. Good question to quander. I imagine the Imagineers have it all layed out in the plans. Wouldn't it be cool if the ride started out indoors - and then the walls would open upward like either a Lambergini sports car or a garage door(via a garage door opener) - allowing the swings to travel outdoors. Or, perhaps there will be some sort of a projection system that would produce an outdoor holographic tornado, and extra wind and smoke effects would be added.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2008 at 09:51 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Orange Stinger is the "funnest" ride at DCA, and probably will remain so regardless of how/if it is madeover - as long as the makeover doesn't make the line longer than 10 minutes.

Off-the-shelf or not, there is something awesomely fun about spinning around in circles in a little swing. With Tower of Terror it is one of the 2 rides I genuinely look forward to going on at DCA, and like ToT I love it every time.
    The shortness of the ride and capacity for riders will always keep loading time speedy, happy - and the lines short.

The theming of ToT is half the fun. By the same token, the new theming applied to the replacement makeover of thj Stinger should significantly increase it's fun factor.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    So Orange Stinger is staying, Mulholland Madness is staying and Sun Wheel as well, these will all be rethemed and i'm guessing the Golden Zephyr will stay because it fits the theme somehow. So the only attractions from Paradise Pier that are going away are the Jumpin' Jellyfish, S.S. Rustworthy and the Maliboomer?
    When I saw concept art the new swings, I also saw one more piece of art for the pier and in that piece Jellyfish was still there, but Zephyr was gone.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    When I saw concept art the new swings, I also saw one more piece of art for the pier and in that piece Jellyfish was still there, but Zephyr was gone.
    hmmm ..interesting. Thanks for this important piece of information, Grizzly. Could be that Zepher will be permanently removed in the future. Although I enjoy the ride, the fact that the Silly Sympany swings will jut out over the water would more than compensate for the potential loss of the Zepher.

• "I Break Things"

I hate to be the honest one, but I think a tornado would actually take away from the whole Victorian Pier theme. That said I think it will be interesting. I would hope that the center tornado spins in the opposite direction of the swings, making it appear to move even faster. The hope would be that they do a similar effect to the elevator in Mansion. When it is in it's normal state, everything has the look and feel of being "normal". It is only when the swings expand that the whole "tornado" effect is revealed.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• insufferable know-it-all

This sounds a bit far-fetched to me, not that I challenge your sources, but I'll put this in the "I'll believe it when I see it" pile for myself.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Zephyr does not appear in future plans for the park, as the darn thing is rarely open as it is (I've certainly never gotten on it). But to keep a swing ride, yet completely change it... I don't know, I think there are better uses of their capital resources than that.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    This sounds a bit far-fetched to me, not that I challenge your sources, but I'll put this in the "I'll believe it when I see it" pile for myself.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Zephyr does not appear in future plans for the park, as the darn thing is rarely open as it is (I've certainly never gotten on it). But to keep a swing ride, yet completely change it... I don't know, I think there are better uses of their capital resources than that.
    Screamscape and other theme park blogs have mentioned this rumor. MasterGracey and Coheteboy have reported information dealing with this rumor on other threads as well. Still, one never knows what Disney;s ultimate decision is on new attractions and changes until the official green light is given to commence construction - and oft times is the case when plans are significantly modified subsequently to being green-lit.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I hate to be the honest one, but I think a tornado would actually take away from the whole Victorian Pier theme. That said I think it will be interesting. I would hope that the center tornado spins in the opposite direction of the swings, making it appear to move even faster. The hope would be that they do a similar effect to the elevator in Mansion. When it is in it's normal state, everything has the look and feel of being "normal". It is only when the swings expand that the whole "tornado" effect is revealed.
    A tornado wind effect spinning the opposite direction of the swings... How "in your face" cool that would be! Great idea - hope that's what they do, techskip.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2008 at 04:41 PM.

• Animator

what does it have to do with California?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by norcal1219 View Post
    Silly Symphany toons were created at Walt's California studio. Although there was nothing in the films to lockdown which state(s) the setting was in, there is nothing about them to rule out California as the setting either.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal1219 View Post
    Not a darn thing. The most exciting thing about the whole update to DCA is the possibility of disney dropping California from the name when they rename the park.

If for no other reason, this will expand the possible themes in the park and remove the constant whining that this or that change has nothing to do with California. It was a stupid theme to begin with. Get over it and move on!

• Hello Dolly.

Hopefully they will take out the California name. It was so stupid to put a california park in a park where most visitors are local. I want some new experiences in the park. The makeover seems cool though

• Iron-Clad Allie

Sad Re: Orange Stinger 2B Blown Away By Tornado

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineerfan View Post
    Not a darn thing. The most exciting thing about the whole update to DCA is the possibility of disney dropping California from the name when they rename the park.

If for no other reason, this will expand the possible themes in the park and remove the constant whining that this or that change has nothing to do with California. It was a stupid theme to begin with. Get over it and move on!
    The DCA name itself has been a large part of the parks failure to catch on with the masses. Suppose Tokey DisneySea had been dubbed Disney'sTokyo Adventure. Thesophmoric title would have placed a damper on attendance regardless of the quality of the park.

The lackluster hodgepdge nature of California adventure only served to seal the park's fate - that along with the lack of attractions (especially family) - and cardboard off-the-shelf rides. Hopefully, the California name/theme will be dropped in '09. Those that miss it can buy the old signs when they go up for auction. They will likely be able to get them cheap - possibly at a 2fer price.

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    Hopefully they will take out the California name. It was so stupid to put a california park in a park where most visitors are local. I want some new experiences in the park. The makeover seems cool though
    The overhall of the park is quite exciting. Again, step right up folks and get your tossed out Disney's California Adventure signs at a dirt cheap 2fer price - extra added discount for APers! LOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The overhall of the park is quite exciting. Again, step right up folks and get your tossed out Disney's California Adventure signs at a dirt cheap 2fer price - extra added discount for APers! LOLOL!
    Is there a link where I can see the most recent confirmed plans or discussions around them? I've tried searching around and can't seem to lock down what's just rumor and what's official. Even general things - like where is "Cars Land" supposed to be located? Not trying to be lazy here. I'm just new to the neighborhood and still can't figure out how all the threads are organized.

Thanks!

• Goofy

in my view, i think they should just remove it down for good. its too carnival like.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    in my view, i think they should just remove it down for good. its too carnival like.
    John Lasseter, WDI. and Glendale are removing the overall least popular Paradise Pier attractions. I actually like the boardwalk motiff, or feel -especially the plan to give it an immersively themed Victorian flare. We're talking about a Fantaslyland type of atmosphere, only one that is just as appealing to both adults and kids alike - perhaps even more so in some aspects. Big things are in store for the land that haven't even been announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Slade View Post
    Is there a link where I can see the most recent confirmed plans or discussions around them? I've tried searching around and can't seem to lock down what's just rumor and what's official. Even general things - like where is "Cars Land" supposed to be located? Not trying to be lazy here. I'm just new to the neighborhood and still can't figure out how all the threads are organized.

Thanks!
    http://micechat.com/miceage/allutz/al010808b.htm

http://micechat.com/miceage/allutz/al061708a.htm

Above, Amos Slade, you will find links to Al Lutz's Miceage columns about the entire DCA revamp, including the future name change. Also, Al lays out WDI's plans for each land, the attractions within, and where everything is to be located.

Carsland is to be located in the Timon parking lot which is located between Harbour Blvd. and the boarder of DCA that lays behind the Tower of Terror. The entrance to the parking lot is located off of Harbour Blvd. At present, the Carsland expansion will occupy 12 acres of the 100 acre parking lot, which housed the X-Games a few years back.

Perhaps, Glendale will surprise us and increase the expansion to more than 12 acres by the time that ground breaking and construction begin. Anything magical can happen at "The Happiest Resort On Earth". Enjoy the read!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast