View Poll Results: What Should Bee The Orange Stiners Fate?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let it bee. Keep the Stinger as is.

5 4.81%
  • Re-theme the Stinger to Silly Symphany

57 54.81%
  • Level the Stinger and use it's land (in part) for a log ride replacement

24 23.08%
  • Sit the Stinger on top of the Tower of Terror for a hightened experience.

18 17.31%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Goofy

Re: Orange Stinger 2B Blown Away By Tornado

wow thanks for adding me on your quote. lol.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    wow thanks for adding me on your quote. lol.
    You, Rex, are an important part of the Disney magic. Devoted fans help to keep interest alive, which is nexessary to the resort's survival. Although it's important to be cynical about some aspects of the Anaheim parks, their are too many people on this board that are down in the mouth about almost everything. This causes Disney decision making honchos and the general fan base to consider our MiceAge/MiceChar site irrelevant.

So, I am quite honored and proud to recognize, include, incorporate, and respond to your perspectives. You are most welcome to do the same with mine. We are an inclusionary team - not a priveleded eclectic few that "knows it all, all the time".
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Slade View Post
    Is there a link where I can see the most recent confirmed plans or discussions around them? I've tried searching around and can't seem to lock down what's just rumor and what's official. Even general things - like where is "Cars Land" supposed to be located? Not trying to be lazy here. I'm just new to the neighborhood and still can't figure out how all the threads are organized.

Thanks!

Welcome to Micechat, Amos Slade!

I can't stress how good a job Master Gracey (the micechatter not the ghost host guy) has done with the "California Adventure Tracker"

Link: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ker-81393.html

The very first post lists everything that has been announced, rumored, whatever for each land. There's even links to photos, and galleries that shows concept art and even a layout of DCA including one of how Carsland will look.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Welcome to Micechat, Amos Slade!

I can't stress how good a job Master Gracey (the micechatter not the ghost host guy) has done with the "California Adventure Tracker"

Link: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ker-81393.html

The very first post lists everything that has been announced, rumored, whatever for each land. There's even links to photos, and galleries that shows concept art and even a layout of DCA including one of how Carsland will look.
    MasterGracey's California Adventure Tracker thread is as informative as it is entertaining. Thank you for your thoughtfulness in including the link twice on this thread, Coheteboy. Silly Symphony Swings/More Details!, belonging to you and DisneyPro is equally entertaining and chock full of information / well thought out perspectives. http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ils-98584.html

Your perspectives on this thread are also very much appreciated. Your contributions to the MiceChat board as a whole are significant. Your informed viewpoints, many in line with mine and others different, most always help me to improve upon my threads and the way that I present them. I consider myself lucky indeed as we reinforce eachothers knowledge, and learn from eachother.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh! I really like the idea of a spinning funnel cloud for guests to get all caught up in!! Of course if a REAL tornado ever strikes DCA, won't it confuse people? I mean, I can just see them running to get in line for a REAL funnel cloud after it drops down out of the sky--unless they get blown away, first.

ORGOCH: How 'bout gittin' yerself blown away, instead, sister?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Hopefully, the California name/theme will be dropped in '09.
    If Disney plans on droping the theme how will they manage it? what would replace the California theme?

• Sock Puppet

I think it should be put a top the ToT

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

you know while I do so love the symony cartoons, i think that the orange stinger is fine the way it is
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Thanks for the very kind words, RideWarrior! I definitely appreciate your posts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    you know while I do so love the symony cartoons, i think that the orange stinger is fine the way it is
    I would respectfully disagree. The orange itself is a bit of an eyesore to look at and when you're on the ride, the last thing I want to see is the inside of an orange peel. When I'm at those great heights, I want to see the area surrounding me. I want to feel as if I fall, i'd fall into the Paradise Bay. Right now, I'd get splatted against the orange peel and that isn't as fun.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I think that orange peel is the ugliest thing about Paradise Pier. It's a fun ride so if they can spiff it up to a cool theme that would be cool imo.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal1219 View Post
    what does it have to do with California?

why does it have to do anything with California?

The overall theme of the land fits the California theme, the attraction therefore fits the theme of the land.

Not everything has to fit directly to the overal theme of the park to work as long as it fits within the theme of the land which in this case is a seaside amusement park which were found all along the California coast.

As for those that insist that the california theme does not work i disagree. It was just nto executed correctly.

Also if they are removing the California theme then why is it that the plans which were mentioned as well as those that still have not been leaked out have something to do with California.

The entrance, the redressing of Hollywood backlot, The retheming of Condor flats and grizzly area to be more about the states parks, The redressing of the pier to be more time specific to the old California seaside piers with an eclectic mix of attractions and eateries, the possible retheming of the Wharf into San francisco Bay and Carsland which although made to look like radiator springs will have several Calfiornia references and hopefully one of the other names being considered.
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-22-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Carsland is to be located in the Timon parking lot which is located between Harbour Blvd. and the boarder of DCA that lays behind the Tower of Terror. The entrance to the parking lot is located off of Harbour Blvd. At present, the Carsland expansion will occupy 12 acres of the 100 acre parking lot, which housed the X-Games a few years back.

Perhaps, Glendale will surprise us and increase the expansion to more than 12 acres by the time that ground breaking and construction begin. Anything magical can happen at "The Happiest Resort On Earth". Enjoy the read!
    I believe you are off by quite a few acres there. Carsland will occupy 12 acres but the parking lot is not 100 acres anymore it is closer to 26 acres give or take a couple if i remember correctly .
    I am sure someone has the actual size.

and you are so right, there are so many ideas for the lands especially Paradise pier that have not even been mentioned and once they all get done the place will look amazing

• GU1LEcode101 on Xbox LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    After seeing what they did around Toy Story Mania, I'm excited to see
    what they're going to do with the east side of the Pier.
    It'll be nice to see the Pier actually following some form of unified theme
    in the near future.
    The Whole Boardwalk will go down for Rehab during September thru December. Boomer will go down early 2009, and Sunwheel will turn to Mickey's Funwheel, boardwalk will get the Victorian makeover to match TSMM, And Screamin' will get a new queue and have the mickey head removed. TSMM and KTC should remain open from what I've heard
    Because if we save ourselves, who is going to save everyone else?

I cant even comprehend what this ride will look like.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Neogmo View Post
    The Whole Boardwalk will go down for Rehab during September thru December. Boomer will go down early 2009, and Sunwheel will turn to Mickey's Funwheel, boardwalk will get the Victorian makeover to match TSMM, And Screamin' will get a new queue and have the mickey head removed. TSMM and KTC should remain open from what I've heard
    How exciting! This will be a ton of change across a span of only fiour months. The new funhouse queue for Screamin' should be way cool!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast