Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
Results 241 to 255 of 255
  1. #241

    • Beach Expert
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,591

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    I've long argued that Downtown Disney needed a Cheesecake Factory, or even inside the Park....perhaps, a Disney-themed Cheesecake Factory !
    Oh goodness, no.

    There's already a park with a Johnny Rockets and a Panda Express inside of it. It's called Knott's Berry Farm.

    I think that says enough.

  2. #242

    • Wished I lived closer....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Has anybody eaten there since new menu? If so any pics of new items?

  3. #243

    • Miss Marvel
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The original comment was a comparison between inside and outside the berm. When I pointed out the faults I SAW in that comparison....
    There. Fixed that for you.

    Bottom line if any restaurant outside the berm had a 20%- 30% price increase without dramatic changes to their menu AND their atmosphere... then they would likely loose their customer base.
    So you say. There are plenty of other people that think that the menu changed quite dramatically. And regarding atmosphere, you can't beat New Orleans Square.

    It sounds like you are really closed minded to the idea that other people can look at the same situation, and see the exact opposite. (Or just simply not agree with you.) That's why it is a matter of opinion whether or not the price adjustments are okay with each individual. There are enough variables here to provoke a variety of responses. I would hope you could accept that.

    Sorry if I sounded mean, or carried an "I told you so" attitude (many of us did predict a price increase... wonder how we knew that would happen... again...)
    What does I TOLD YOU SO, have to do with a debate as to whether or not the price increases are justifiable? No one is debating whether or not you predicted this. Good for you. You did. Lets move on.

    At some point the various reasons boil down to excuses because Disney appears to be the only one experiencing these "mystery costs" which justify their price increases and excuse said increases as anything other then greed.
    Mystery costs? Well, many people have expressed why they believe they prices are justifiable, and you sum it up with "mystery costs"? If I were those people, I would be offended that you clearly didn't take my opinion seriously.

    They are excuses in YOUR opinion.

    Yet the moment I, or anyone else, challenges the 20%-30% price increas on the menu suddenly there are these "mystery costs" involved...
    *sigh* If you had bothered to pay attention to everyone's posts, you'd know what people feel those "mystery costs" are.

    How can people have an intellectual conversation with someone who feels that everyone who doesn't agree with them has a worthless opinion?
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

    "If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

    "It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

  4. #244

    • "I Break Things"
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    There. Fixed that for you.
    thank you.

    So you say. There are plenty of other people that think that the menu changed quite dramatically. And regarding atmosphere, you can't beat New Orleans Square.
    Thank you again for bolding the first part of the statement. However there is an "and" and according to the rules of Conjunction Junction an "and" ties the sentence together. Lets look at this again.
    Bottom line if any restaurant outside the berm had a 20%- 30% price increase without dramatic changes to their menu AND their atmosphere... then they would likely loose their customer base.
    "And" ties together a dramatic change in their menu with a dramatic change in atmosphere. So we have established there is a dramatic change in menu. We still have cafeteria style service, we still sit at the same table, we still drink from the same paper cups with plastic lids and staws. The appearance would be that the only changes were the menu and the prices. Therefore I would consider that statement to be only half complete. So again "if a restaurant outside the berm had a 20%-30% price increase without dramatic changes to their menu AND their atmosphere... then they would likely loose their customer base."

    It sounds like you are really closed minded to the idea that other people can look at the same situation, and see the exact opposite. (Or just simply not agree with you.) That's why it is a matter of opinion whether or not the price adjustments are ok with each individual. There are enough variables here to provoke a variety of responses. I would hope you could accept that.
    Actually I am extremely open minded and tend to ask a lot more then I answer (ask anyone who has met me how many questions I ask them), but thank you for the insult. I welcome anyone's opinion but I also ask for sound logic. If one wants to draw a comparison to the outside world then draw a full comparison. My views are my own, if others like them or dislike them it is at their discretion.

    What does I TOLD YOU SO, have to do with a debate as to whether or not the price increases are justifiable? No one is debating whether or not you predicted this. Good for you. You did. Lets move on.
    I predicted it... I predicted it... you're slightly off in that claim but I am humbled to be singled out. MANY predicted that increase, NO ONE expected it to be that high. The increase in and of itself is not the core of the debate. The questioning and constant bickering is over why it was such a dramatic increase.

    Mystery costs? Well, many people have expressed why they believe they prices are justifiable, and you sum it up with "mystery costs"? If I were those people, I would be offended that you clearly didn't take my opinion seriously.

    They are excuses in YOUR opinion.

    *sigh* If you had bothered to pay attention to everyone's posts, you'd know what people feel those "mystery costs" are.
    If I cited all the reasons why gas prices skyrocketed so high most would accuse me of justifying price gouging... but I challenge the motives of the price increase at French Market and suddenly the same reasons become valid... My posts are to make people think. If this increase was specifically due to rare ingredients then why haven't the prices of other menus that use the same ingredients increased? If this price increase is reflective of new training or increased staff then why are we still being served cafeteria style? why not have a proper full service restaurant like the Cheesecake or Mimi's it was compared to? If the price increase was due to increased gas prices then why hasn't there been a dramatic increase inside, and outside, the berm? I provided logic, I ask for the same in return. I didn't ask for the response of "It's Disneyland".

    How can people have an intellectual conversation with someone who feels that everyone who doesn't agree with them has a worthless opinion?
    I do not feel anyone's opinion is worthless. Quite the contrary I value the thoughts of others because it makes me think and forces me to view a situation from their perspective. In short, I LIKE being wrong because it is only by being wrong, or being curious, that someone learns. Again thank you for the insult. An intellectual conversation requires proven stances on both sides. I, and several others not addressed in your quotes, have proven our side... and I await the response to the questions posted above.

    And while I am at it I'd love an answer to this one. The reason specifically stated for French Market remaining cafeteria style is because it serves more people then Cheesecake or Mimi's. If this is in fact true (I honestly do not know) then why was the price increase so dramatic? Simple Economics dictate that a larger customer base can support a larger cost with a smaller price increase. Which means either the new menu's ingredients cost an amazingly high amount, or Disney is turning a nice profit by charging a larger customer base an extra 20%-30%.
    Last edited by techskip; 06-30-2008 at 08:17 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  5. #245

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    So again "if a restaurant outside the berm had a 20%-30% price increase without dramatic changes to their menu AND their atmosphere... then they would likely loose their customer base."
    I agree. Disneyland has an extremely captive audience and they know it. They can charge practically whatever they want for food and people will pay it. Many of us are complaining about the menu prices, yet I suspect that the majority of us will eat at the French Market in the future (myself included).

  6. #246

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Wow. No pictures yet? Ok. I'll facilitate this need.


    I had the Seafood & Chicken Jambalaya, and IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!! *drools*




    I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone and everyone!

  7. #247

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by landj View Post
    Has anybody eaten there since new menu? If so any pics of new items?
    we were thinking about trying it, but we'll probably just leave the parks and go to where we know we will get good food.

  8. #248

    • Beach Expert
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,591

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Wow. No pictures yet? Ok. I'll facilitate this need.


    I had the Seafood & Chicken Jambalaya, and IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!! *drools*




    I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone and everyone!
    The chicken looks way too dry. And a rip off -- sure you get a ton of chicken and vegetables but where is the okra and shrimp -- I only see a couple of pieces. And the rice is lacking too which makes sense because it is really expensive right now.

    I don't see how they can justify charging such high prices on a menu item that utilizes a minimum amount of expensive ingredients.

  9. #249

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    BTW, the Roast Beef Royalé looked like sliced roast beef, not beef chunks, as some have previously mentioned. (Just thought of this, sorry if it's been mentioned already)

  10. #250

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I don't see how they can justify charging such high prices on a menu item that utilizes a minimum amount of expensive ingredients.
    The same way they can justify paying CM's bottom wages, while Bob Iger carts off $27.7 million.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  11. #251

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,069

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    It wasn't that expensive. With a drink, and my 15% discount, it came to $13.90. And there was actually a lot of crawfish and shrimp in it, just not in that picture. The ocra, however was lacking, but I attribute that to the couple scoops I got not having that much. The chicken wasn't dry at all, and the whole thing was such a perfect sized portion. I was very happy that I was able to finish all of the food, and still not feel stuffed. I was just full enough. Everything in the kitchen/cafeteria area smelled wonderful, as well. This is now one of my must-eat-at restaurants.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 06-30-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Edited to use kinder words :)

  12. #252

    • Miss Marvel
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    I really don't want to be a part of getting this litterboxed, so I can't address a good chunk of your post. If I start talking about you, not your posts, I'll be violating the rules of MiceChat. (Don't attack the poster.) Besides, I have no desire to have debate with you about you. I'll try to address what I can.

    I didn't try to insult. I told you how I felt you were coming off to other people. Take it or leave it. Either be concerned about how others feel you treat them and other people or don't. It's your decision.

    Although the grammar lesson was unnecessary, I would urge you to "look at this again." (Your words.) I was alluding to the idea that there is no better atmosphere then New Orleans Square, so attempting to upgrade it would be futile and pointless. Thus, simply looking at a menu change as justification for price upgrade is what we should be looking at. You may disagree, but that's my opinion.

    The increase in and of itself is not the core of the debate. The questioning and constant bickering is over why it was such a dramatic increase.
    That's my point. So why did you feel the need to point out that you predicted it again? Of your own admission you state that it is irrelevant to the debate.

    You still haven't addressed the fact that I find it insulting that you ignore people's viewpoints by summing them up with "mystery costs."

    My posts are to make people think.
    If you say that's your intent, I can't argue with you. I'm not in your head. But it is my opinion that's not how you are coming across. I feel your posts are coming across as you trying to make people think that your viewpoint is the only correct one.

    I, and several others not addressed in your quotes, have proven our side...
    In your opinion, you have proven your side. Many people would disagree and say you haven't proven anything. And many others feel that they have proven their side, the side you don't agree with. So who's right?

    An honest question: Do you really not see how you could possibly leave people with the feelings your posts left me with? Your posts speak in definitives. The questions you asked don't come across as being open minded or being honestly curious about someone elses opinion. They come across as just another way to point out flaws you see in their logic. There's a huge difference between, "I don't follow. Why do you think the food is better?" And, "The food is clearly not better. It's just reusing other ingredients from other places. EXPLAIN THAT." It's like stating, "Your first answer wasn't good enough. Try again." That's not honestly being open to other people's viewpoints.

    You may feel you provide logic. I'm sure some of the other people debating this with you feel that they provide logic and you don't. Stating that their opinions are invalid or not worthy of your acknowledgement because you can't follow their logic is insulting. And I feel that some of your comments and word choices convey this sentiment.

    Again, that's my opinion about how your posts come across. Take it or leave it.

    Regarding all the debating you did about the menu, I have no interest in actually debating whether the menu prices are justified or not. Besides, everyone on both sides has pretty much covered everything in my opinion. So I'll leave those be.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

    "If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

    "It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

  13. #253

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    There comes a time in every moderators life when, they will wander into a thread, read through it and think to themselves... "Where the heck did this train wreck come from?"

    Then they have to try to figure out what the heck to do with it. Prune off topic/debating/argumentative/attacking posts and move them? Move the whole thread? Lock it? Or just post a generic warning to knock it off and behave or one of the above mentioned items could happen.

    Often times they will discuss amongst the other moderators what to do, and often times they sit in their pow-wow circle, cyberly scratching their heads at a loss as to the exact proper action to take in current circumstances.

    Then when all else fails, one of them will go in, post a short or lengthy warning about getting back on topic, stopping the arguments and maybe suggesting walking away from a thread before someone gets banned from the thread, then they wrap in in a pretty blue color, and wonder if anyone even bothers to read the post or if they just see the blue, roll their eyes and continue on.





    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  14. #254

    • "I Break Things"
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    An honest question: Do you really not see how you could possibly leave people with the feelings your posts left me with?
    Not once did I attack the poster (I did use sarcasm to highlight the "and" and if that was deemed insulting then I apologize.) Not once did I denounce anyone else's opinion as being invalid. (not sure if you are citing the crazy comment but both Matt an I laughed at it... so again a possible apology for misinterpretation) However when questioned further I was frustrated with the response of "It's Disneyland". The term "mystery costs" was easier then defining each individual justification presented, as others have stated and alluded to hidden costs which somehow presented themselves in this menu but did not present themselves parkwide. I then stepped back and addressed each justification again individually per your request, yet the questions I posed remain unanswered.

    I also find it strange to be attacked under the guise of not being attacked, and then the closing is "I don't want to debate the prices" when it was my understanding the thread had taken the course of questioning the price hike.

    To answer your personal question, I do see how my posts, as well as the posts of others, can easily be misinterpreted or manipulated. They are words on a web page, and each person brings their own meaning to the table. It is not my intention to upset anyone. It is my intention to question what I do not understand. If I continue to press and the only answer is "It's Disneyland" then what?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  15. #255

    • "I Break Things"
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    There comes a time in every moderators life when, they will wander into a thread, read through it and think to themselves... "Where the heck did this train wreck come from?"

    Then they have to try to figure out what the heck to do with it. Prune off topic/debating/argumentative/attacking posts and move them? Move the whole thread? Lock it? Or just post a generic warning to knock it off and behave or one of the above mentioned items could happen.

    Often times they will discuss amongst the other moderators what to do, and often times they sit in their pow-wow circle, cyberly scratching their heads at a loss as to the exact proper action to take in current circumstances.

    Then when all else fails, one of them will go in, post a short or lengthy warning about getting back on topic, stopping the arguments and maybe suggesting walking away from a thread before someone gets banned from the thread, then they wrap in in a pretty blue color, and wonder if anyone even bothers to read the post or if they just see the blue, roll their eyes and continue on.

    read... unfortunately posted while said post was being authored. If the discussion is about my possible banning then so be it, I have spoken my mind, stated my opinion, and said my peace.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Similar Threads

  1. [Review] The French Market
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 02:53 AM
  2. Comment-New French Market Menu
    By Fishbulb in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
  3. ETA on the New French Market Menu?
    By Pipeek in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
  4. French Market
    By disney lady in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •