Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• The one, the only...

Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Wow... without even seeing the new menu, someone is already being negative. No surprise here.

I like to withhold judgement until I actually see the changes for myself. I like French Market (usually one of the places I like to eat), but who knows... the new menu might be nice.

For chicken I usually go to the Plaza Inn though... most of the time I go to FM for the beef stew.
    Disney recently has had a pattern of "downgrading" food choices. Look at the River Belle Terrance and the much more limited menu. The concern was not "healthier food" but more profit by reducing selection.

From watching the customers, fried chicken was the best selling item on the menu. This always puzzled me because I loved the other choices there. But if that is what the people love, why change?

Southern cooking has never been known for "health conscienceless." I think that when on vacation, most prefer to indulge a bit. I know that the desserts at the French Market were some of the best at Disneyland. I would hate to see them replaced with tofu.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The one, the only...

And as to being negative... No one likes hearing that the menu is changing at one's favorite restaurant.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeek View Post
    According to the CM resort today, the French Market will close early Monday and be closed for all of Tuesday while they revamp the menu. It will be open on Wednesday with an all new menu which features American and Cajun-Creole theme menu items with a healthier selection for both lunch and dinner as well.

No more sandwiches and no more fried chicken. Happened later than they wanted, but it's happening at last. Last time I heard about the rumors of a menu change it was supposed to be back in the fall. Last chance to dine on the old menu before it changes. I just miss the old menu with the finsh-n-chips from my youth.

What!!!?!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Queen of Sarcasm

I'm looking forward to the change. I was just thinking the other day that I would love to see healithier food at some of the food places. Before the only salad that was offered was a chicken caesar salad with the exception of R2P2's selections. Now with the River Belle Terrace and hopefully French Market offering more healthy selections maybe different salads along with healthier things being offered other than fried chicken. I will echo the comments though on if I really did want fried chicken I would go to Plaza Inn, I think that they offer some of the better foods in the park.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    And as to being negative... No one likes hearing that the menu is changing at one's favorite restaurant.
    OP said they were getting rid of the sandwiches. I love the pork po' boy sandwich. That makes me feel negative.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I'm looking forward to the change. I was just thinking the other day that I would love to see healithier food at some of the food places. Before the only salad that was offered was a chicken caesar salad with the exception of R2P2's selections. Now with the River Belle Terrace and hopefully French Market offering more healthy selections maybe different salads along with healthier things being offered other than fried chicken. I will echo the comments though on if I really did want fried chicken I would go to Plaza Inn, I think that they offer some of the better foods in the park.

I hear you PC but for me why not just add the healthier foods and not take away the favorites? That's why we have choices on the menu.

And I like Plaza Inn too, BTW.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Aw I also love the barbeque pulled pork sandwich! And the breadbowls. I like this place a lot and eat there on almost every trip. I hope they keep the po' boy at least.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• no flash photography...

The only thing I like at the french market is the soup in the bread bowl, but I usually just get that at DCA now, because it's better there.

I'm hesitant to embrace the menu change, because all the new menus I've seen have been awful.

• Queen of Sarcasm

You know, I'm sad to admit that at one point I was like the majority of these posters here when River Belle changes the menu. I loved the veggie salad they had there before the change and when the new menu came out it wasn't on there in the form that I had enjoyed in the past. At that moment I said I was never going to eat there again because how dare they take my favorite item off the menu because as everyone knowns, the world revolves around me and what I like. Months into my protest I broke down and tried a prime rib salad and it was pretty good. Since that point on I have made it a point to be more open to new things, reguardless if my old standby is gone. Maybe it isn't going to be as bad as everyone thinks. As for the friend chicken, it is superior at Plaza Inn. The pieces I got at French Market were always dried out.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I hear you PC but for me why not just add the healthier foods and not take away the favorites? That's why we have choices on the menu.
    Operating costs. It costs lots of money to have lots of items on the menu. You have to keep all that food sitting in the back and if it sits for too long you have to throw it out.

Look for herb baked or roasted chicken. It smells pretty good, so yeah.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I'm going to reserve judgment until I see it. Never been one for fried chicken, myself, although I am saddened that their sandwiches are going away.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

I can understand getting rid of the fried chicken. Fried chicken is a Southern standby, to be sure, but it's hardly the best representative of New Orleans cuisine.

I figure as long as they have gumbo, jambalaya, dirty rice, étouffée, crawfish, crab, and shrimp dishes, hush puppies, bananas foster, beignets, and cafe au lait, it should be all right. Want a veggie dish? Okra and tomatoes, hoppin' john, maquechoux, or truffled bourbon mashed sweet potatoes oughta be good.

As for no sandwiches, though, without muffulettas and po' boys, I'm suspicious.
    Last edited by Retrocool; 06-20-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Look for herb baked or roasted chicken. It smells pretty good, so yeah.
    With creamed gravy?

• Special Agent

I have a question: Does anyone know if Stouffer's is going to continue their sponsorship?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast