Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

According to the CM resort today, the French Market will close early Monday and be closed for all of Tuesday while they revamp the menu. It will be open on Wednesday with an all new menu which features American and Cajun-Creole theme menu items with a healthier selection for both lunch and dinner as well.

No more sandwiches and no more fried chicken. Happened later than they wanted, but it's happening at last. Last time I heard about the rumors of a menu change it was supposed to be back in the fall. Last chance to dine on the old menu before it changes. I just miss the old menu with the finsh-n-chips from my youth.

• The one, the only...

Re: French Market Gets New Menu Starting 6/25

Another example of Disneyland declining. I loved that place. Certainly it was the best place to eat in the Park. I guess I will now have to leave the park for some good food.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Odd. That place is synonomous with Fried Chicken. Why would they get rid of it??

• Banned User

Your kidding. Fried Chicken embodies the region New Orleans is in. If they take that away, then they might as well retheme it to some movie.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Odd. That place is synonomous with Fried Chicken. Why would they get rid of it??
    Have you tried their fried chicken?

I'll reserve my opinions on the new menu until I see & try it myself.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I love the port po' boy!!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    the same reason they got rid of the really good pancakes and serve up chewy rubber tings now. They are probably tryign to save money in the disguise of "we're doing this for healthy reasons".

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Goodbye good food. Hello plastic plates and utensils. I'll bet you anything.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    Have you tried their fried chicken?

I'll reserve my opinions on the new menu until I see & try it myself.
    It's adaquate but that's what the place is known for. I don't like Tommy's Burgers either but if they got rid of the chili, people may be a bit annoyed.

Well, hopefully they'll put back the lit candles during the evenings.

I think the issue, at least with French Market, is more about quality and freshness than "health" per se.

Then again, maybe quality and freshness = health, or a part of it.

The thing with their fried chicken is that it was always so dried out, and also I don't know if their chicken was organic and cage-free, no hormones etc...

Maybe that's being too fussy (fussbudget) nit-picky, but for the expensive Disney markup they charge in prices, ......maybe not.

In any case, doesn't Plaza Inn still have fried-chicken? I liked Plaza's fried chicken better, last year, than French Markets. And Plaza had huge, plump, juicier pieces, which almost reminded me of Mrs. Knotts !

Don't know if it was cage-free, organic.....but Plaza Inn's sure tasted better than what I'd had at French Market the last time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Goodbye good food. Hello plastic plates and utensils. I'll bet you anything.
    I thought people learned their lessons about assuming things. People blasted TSMM before it even opened and now people are eating their words. TSMM Rules. Same thing should apply here for the new menu. Why blast something that you haven't even tried yet? How do you know the good food is going away? If you want fried Chicken, just go over to Plaza Inn. I thought the Chicken was a bit greasy myself and prefer Knott's Chicken over what's served at French Market. I'm stoked for the new menu!! I love Cajun Food and actually find that more fitting for the location!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Another example of Disneyland declining. I loved that place. Certainly it was the best place to eat in the Park. I guess I will now have to leave the park for some good food.
    Wow... without even seeing the new menu, someone is already being negative. No surprise here.

I like to withhold judgement until I actually see the changes for myself. I like French Market (usually one of the places I like to eat), but who knows... the new menu might be nice.

For chicken I usually go to the Plaza Inn though... most of the time I go to FM for the beef stew.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I thought people learned their lessons about assuming things. People blasted TSMM before it even opened and now people are eating their words. TSMM Rules. Same thing should apply here for the new menu. Why blast something that you haven't even tried yet? How do you know the good food is going away?
    Well said, PM!
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Special Agent

This is good news. Usually when Disneyland premieres a new menu at a restaurant, the food is actually decent for a couple months. Might be worth checking out.

Personally, although I know it was a tradition and all, I thought it was kind of silly that French Market and Plaza Inn would both serve fried chicken.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I love the French Market a lot, and I'm actually excited for this.
    My brother and I were discussing that they should add more vegetarian items on the menu besides the usual salad. Maybe they did? I don't know. When I go there I usually get a chowder bowl. Yum yum.

EDIT: I didn't mean vegetarian as the health food. I really do think a lot of the restaurants should add a couple no meat selections. Even though French Market's menu can only hold so much, it would be pretty nice to see.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast