My First Eventful Trip Report

We were there yesterday in the HEAT and have a interesting memory now! We had waited in line for TSMM for 1.5 hours (awesome BTW!) and then headed to Soaring with our fast passes. We were waiting to board when DH says he doesn't feel well and proceeds to pass out! He has never done anything like that, but he does have a few heart related issues, so I assume he is having a heart attack. Disney 1st Aide show up along with 2 medic crews and about 10 people in suits. All the while, the 6 year old is freaking out thinking that Daddy is going to die at Disneyland They spend about 10 minutes in the back of Soaring, determine he isn't going to die and then put him in a wheelchair, pack ice around him and wheel him over to First Aid. We spend about 45 minutes there until he feels better and the nurses are sure he isn't having a heart attack. They tell me he needs to get something to eat and send me out to pay $5 for a banana!

I kept hoping maybe someone would dream us out of pity, but no such luck. I did discover where they pull an ambulance in (down the tram drop off since the back of Soaring is right there) and got to see a big metal staircase in the backlot, but nothing interesting!

Yep, this will be a visit to remember!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: My First Eventful Trip Report

Sorry to hear about your husband, but glad that he is okay. I was also there yesterday and it was extremy hot. There were people all over, with heat exaustion. Also it didn't help that lots of stores AC was broken.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I am so sorry for you guys. That must have been awful for your daughter to think her father was dying. I hope that this was a heat related issue and not something far more serious.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emitopher View Post
    They tell me he needs to get something to eat and send me out to pay $5 for a banana!
    I'm so sorry to read of your experience. Seems like DLR was great in all but the banana incident. Seems like they could've had a 'suit' bring you something as such......

• Banned User

How scary! I'm so glad your hubby is doing alright.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Yikes! It definitely is getting hotter and I'm glad everything turned out ok. I'm surprised they didn't get you something to eat! Random.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

•   
    • Senior Minion

Sounds like an eventful day at the parks indeed. Hope your DH is feeling better and that your daughter has recovered from all the commotion.

bananas are totally 1.75 at the fruit cart...

Thank goodness he is ok

I must say, you guys are brave to brave the heat. I applaud you!

Thanks everyone
    I did buy a water with that Banana though
    All of the people we can help us were really nice to us, and I don't blame them for sending me to get him something to eat. At that point, I knew he was going to be ok so it struck me as funny.
    Emi just keeps checking to make sure Daddy is ok though!

Thanks again for the well wishes!

Lynda

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emitopher View Post
    Thanks everyone
    I did buy a water with that Banana though
    All of the people we can help us were really nice to us, and I don't blame them for sending me to get him something to eat.
    Lynda
    Lynda - I'm glad that it all worked out well, and that your husband is OK. Having said that, it strikes me as odd also that they made you go out and pay for food in that situation.

Considering the circumstances, a fine first TR! I'd also like to say welcome aboard!

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I just thought it was a little strange. His BP is usually high (135/90) when they took it while we were still in the back of the ride, it was 100/68. They were not concerned, but I was freaked. I am sure they have seen much bigger emergencies, but when it is happening to you, it sure is scary. I was amusing to see those 15 or so people in the stairwell just standing around. I think I was most surprised to see that no one was really trying to make Emi feel any better. She was crying and freaked out, so I thought (later of course) that it was odd that not a single one of those people standing around even talked to the really upset child.