Healthier food at Disneyland

I'm curious of what some of the opinions are of the healthier food that's offered at Disneyland. Good, Bad, Yuck?

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Healthier food at Disneyland

Instead of fries or chips, you can get grapes.

• Senior Minion

I wouldn't say that the food in the park is healthy by any means, but you don't have to blow your diet or healthy eating habits when you go. Keep in mind that you shouldn't be eating this kind of stuff everyday - and for me being in the parks is like a little treat for me.

I tend to go eat at the Golden Horseshoe often and end up getting the chicken strips with apple slices (instead of fries). You get two packs of slices so I usually eat one and save the other one for later. I find it's yummy and fills me up.

Hungry Bear is another great place to eat as well. I hadn't eaten the food there in about a year and foun their bacon cheeseburger very yummy. I opted for the fruit (grapes) instead of fries and found it delcious as well. I also have to say that the cool grapes felt even better on a hot day.

They also offer veggies and fruits for sale throughout the park, which are not only healthy, but much better to satisfy you during the warm weather as opposed to ice cream which will only make you thirstier later on.

• I'm not really here

It's not necessarily health food... but it is healthier than it has been in the past. They offer many more fruit options now than they did even recently. Things aren't fried as much, and when they are, it is in low-fat, no cholesterol oils, etc. That kind of thing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Higitus Figitus

here are some healthy alternatives that they offer at the disneyland resort:
    VILLAGE HAUS- With burgers, you can order a salad rather than french fries. With the kids meal, you get milk/juice/bottled water with sliced apples (soda and fries have to be requested)
    The kids menu concept above is the standard on most of disneyland's kid menus.
    MAIN STREET FRUIT CART has some very healthy and yummy alternatives
    CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
    i always eat lunch in california adventure, not only because its usually cheaper- but because they have less food lines and healthier choices.
    My favorite lunch spot is Cocina Cucamunga (spelling??) Mexican Grill. It's not the chicken strips and hamburgers you will see everywhere else in the park, this place has burritos and tacos! it's also great if you are a vegetarian because they offer vegetable fajitas!
    At the FARMER'S MARKET, they have california wraps and salads along with the chicken nuggets and fries if someone you are going with doesn't care as much about their eating habits another restaurant with this similar style is Taste Pilots Grill.
    usually there is better and healthier food around dinner time. my family eats somewhere fancy (like the blue bayou or other full service restaurants) for dinner. the food is more expensive.
    I'm diabetic, so i usually can't get a churro for every meal(unfortunately) but disneyland still has some sugar free treats available at the CANDY PALACE.Sugar free Peanut butter cups are 5 dollars! but chocolate turtles are about 50 cents i think and there are also sugar free gummy bears(dont know how much they cost).

you can look through all the disneyland menus online @ http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm
    have fun on your vacation!
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• Snow White Wannabe

I think, like anything else, you have to make good choices. They do offer more low-fat options like salads, fresh fruit stands, and whole wheat grain products (pastas and breads). Plus, they had low-fat milk and apple slices and carrot sticks for the kids' meals. It's just as easy, though, to go for the bad stuff as it is the good.

I will say that I managed to stay on my weight-loss program the whole time and actually lose weight during our 3-day visit (I'm sure the walking helped a lot too!).

The Salmon Salad with the dressing on the side at Cafe Orleans is delicious and healthy.

• Defying gravity

While I generally try to eat healthy, it's ok to make a few exceptions on vacation. As others have previously stated, it's about moderation. If you get chicken strips, don't get the fries also. Better yet, split portions. My mom and I tried this on our last trip - we ate less and saved money! I think DL has its fair share of healthy options. There are quite a few fruit carts around DL and DCA. This is certainly not the case in WDW...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

unfortunately nothing is organic.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    unfortunately nothing is organic.
    Organic = Marketing gibberish
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

• Old Timer

If you are willing to cross the street and spend more, Hook's Pointe offers grilled seafood and Yamabuki is Japanese and has many healthy choices.

• Closed Account

The Hungry Bear has some good choices. Last time I was in the park I got a turkey club with grapes instead of chips. I took some of the yummy focaccia bread off because there was a lot of it. My biggest compliment it that the grapes were really firm and juicy. Normally I don't eat fruit from anywhere other than my house (I don't like the idea of not knowing where it came from, just picky I guess) but these grapes were really good, not squishy or overripe.

Also, if I am hankering for an evening snack I get a caramel apple with nuts and take a few bites sweets and all, then peel the caramel off. It comes of in one big piece that you can save for a treat later if you want, and the green apple underneath is pretty big and very tasty!

My only warning would be the Veggie Burgers. They are nothing more than the Boca Burgers you can buy from the grocery store. They aren't bad, but no extra seasonings are added so they're very bland, and sometimes over cooked. They also seem to take longer than the normal burgers.

• DL Nerd

Thankfully I'm on the Monte Cristo Diet....

I don't have anything to worry about.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

BOO HEALTHY!

YAY FATTY!