Ever been on or in the Space Mountain complex and heard the dreaded break down speil?
"Attention Space travelers, all rockets have been put in a holding pattern...."
Believe it or not, 95% of the time, these breakdowns are caused by the guests and not the cast members or the ride itself. So here's a few friendly tips from an interstellar flight coordinator.
I'm going to ruin a bit of magic for you here, but space station 77 doesnt suspend flights for "meteor showers", "solar flares", or "cosmic interference." With out getting too much into it, the station must keep moving. Each rocket only has about 15 seconds to load and unload. If the station has to stop for a long period of time, its game over. So:
1. Do not use the little pouch infront of you to stow your things. Everything gets stuck in there. Just put all your stuff on the floor near your feet or hold on to it. This will make it easy to get out quickly once you have returned from your flight through space.
2. If you need extra time to get in and out of the rocket, please let a CM know. We can easily make arrangments for you to board a rocket where you can take your time.
3. If you are tall, say 6'3 and up, ask for row 3 or 6, these have the most legroom.
4. Persons of certain shapes and sizes may not be able to ride due to the saftey restraints. Translation: The rockets are not designed to fit BIG people. If you feel you may fall into this catagory, let a CM know, and again they can have you load on a seperate platform where you can take your time. This way if you dont fit, flights into space will not be stopped.
5. When you return to the staion, gather your belongings and exit to your right. Please step all the way past the yellow line.
6. Speaking of the yellow line... Forget your glasses in the rocket? maybe your purse? PLEASE dont come running into the station. We dont want you to get hurt, so if you cross that line, the rockets will stop, and we know what happens next. If you left something, just ask a CM, and we'll look for it. If you just exited, your item will be back in 3 minutes.
I know most of this is common sense, but everyone gets caught up in the magic of the best ride in the park. So thanks for reading and enjoy your flight through Space!