Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winnie the Who?

• Banned User

Re: Winnie the Who?

I've ridden Pooh at DL a few times but I don't really care for it, though apparently, little kids like it a lot.

I get a little heavy hearted when I think about either version though. Both replaced something cool, and unfortunately, one of them is something I never got to experience (WDW Mr. Toad). But, eh, I didn't care for CBJ, and I still have DL Toad, so that makes it better I guess.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I disagree. Our entire ride has the vehicle moving back and fourth and side to side, as if it was floating. As far as I remember, WDW only moves like that in the Tigger scene.
    The WDW one bounces with Tigger, and then moves from side to side as if it's floating in the floody scene. The DL one seems like it floats randomly, which doesn't seem to make any sense in my opinion, especially since the motion starts before the floody scene to begin with.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    The WDW one bounces with Tigger, and then moves from side to side as if it's floating in the floody scene. The DL one seems like it floats randomly, which doesn't seem to make any sense in my opinion, especially since the motion starts before the floody scene to begin with.
    That, I will agree with. The randomness of the floating is kind of off-putting, but rather neat.

• love my friends

I really love this ride.. probably because i have a 7 and 5 year old.. but my favo characters are from the 100 acre woods

just love it

Friends for life

• 1375 miles away

My DD-8 and I really enjoy the ride. Maybe it's just because we love pretty much all things Pooh related.

It works great for us. I can ride swap with my son on Splash while she and dad take a few spins in the Hundred Acre Wood.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I like the queue better at DL but the ride better at WDW, for all the reasons Yoyo listed.

The story just flows better and DL's story was just confusing to me. Maybe it's because I'm so used to WDW's but the overall edge I would give to WDW.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I like the queue better at DL but the ride better at WDW, for all the reasons Yoyo listed.

The story just flows better and DL's story was just confusing to me. Maybe it's because I'm so used to WDW's but the overall edge I would give to WDW.
    I concur completely!!!

Summer - I loved your TR...thanks so much for posting. I was at DL from May 28 to June5th...we just missed each other. We might head to WDW for our next trip...if so I would love to see you there!

• I'm not really here

I've only ever been on DL's version. We like it. It's not our favorite, but we ride it once or twice a trip. It is enjoyable. Though in most arguments, you will find me on the side that really wishes it had been done properly instead of on the cheaper side of things. But it is not a horrible ride. It's great on a hot day to cool off, blustery day after riding Splash Mt is a recipe for frostbite!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
    I concur completely!!!

Summer - I loved your TR...thanks so much for posting. I was at DL from May 28 to June5th...we just missed each other. We might head to WDW for our next trip...if so I would love to see you there!
    Oh absolutely! Just PM me with your dates and I'll come over for the day or something. I'd love to get together with a fellow Hoosier. I'm from Valparaiso and Chesterton, IN. (Northern Indiana)

• Hooterville, USA

The kids that were riding with me didn't know the history of CBJ and they just focused on Winnie. I did the same and we all just enjoyed the experience.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

ORDDU: Having experienced both the Florida version of Winnie the Pooh AND the California version, my sisters and I prefer the one in California over the Florida Version. For one thing, the special effects in California are better and the ride seems slightly longer. Too, in Florida, the party scene at the end is just a pretty painting, whereas the one in California has full, 3 dimensional characters sitting at a table. This brings the whole scene to life a lot more. The only thing we dislike about the California version is that it seems to be badly mis-located. It doesn't mesh well with the American folklore of Br'er Rabbit. Winnie the Pooh is an English character and would fit much better in Fantasyland. At least the Florida version got THAT part right.

• The line's too long...

One of the main problems with Pooh is the ride vehicle. Unless little kids are sitting in the front row, it is difficult for them to see what's going on. For adults sitting in the second and third rows, one ends up with crushed knees. The ride vehicle takes guests out of the experience. Replace the vehicles with something more open and plus the ride with more animated scenes and a coherent story, and then the ride would be fine.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

It has always been my contention that Pooh suffers solely from improper placement. If housed in Fantasyland where it belongs (among DRs of a similar technical and entertainment caliber) it would not reap such undeserved hatred, IMO.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    If housed in Fantasyland where it belongs (among DRs of a similar technical and entertainment caliber) it would not reap such undeserved hatred, IMO.
    This is so very true. And it needs more leg-room.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    This is so very true. And it needs more leg-room.
    Wholeheartedly agreed!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast