Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winnie the Who?

• In Mouse We trust

Re: Winnie the Who?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    This is so very true. And it needs more leg-room.
    At least the Air conditioning smells nice. And the ride ends in a candy shop so that you can eat and eat and have an even harder time fitting in the seat the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I disagree. Our entire ride has the vehicle moving back and fourth and side to side, as if it was floating. As far as I remember, WDW only moves like that in the Tigger scene.
    Not entirely true; in the rain scene at WDW you feel as if you're floating, and of course during the Tigger scene (missing in DL), you hop. I like both versions and definitely prefer the outside start at DL.
    "We are the change we've been waiting for! Yes we can!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    Not entirely true; in the rain scene at WDW you feel as if you're floating, and of course during the Tigger scene (missing in DL), you hop. I like both versions and definitely prefer the outside start at DL.
    Actually, we do have a Tigger scene, it's just miniscule compared to WDW's.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I like what Kevin Yee said, not every ride needs to be an "E Ticket", and for me Pooh fits the bill like a glove. I too like pooh and every time we go on it my daughter gives me a big hug so we'll go on it again. What can I say I'm easy, when she becomes a teen I'm toast.
    Dave

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    It has always been my contention that Pooh suffers solely from improper placement. If housed in Fantasyland where it belongs (among DRs of a similar technical and entertainment caliber) it would not reap such undeserved hatred, IMO.
    I usually agree with on a lot of things, but I think Pooh is in the right local. I would find away to squeeze the Jamboree back into critter country that would mak ethe place complete.
    Dave

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I like what Kevin Yee said, not every ride needs to be an "E Ticket", and for me Pooh fits the bill like a glove. I too like pooh and every time we go on it my daughter gives me a big hug so we'll go on it again. What can I say I'm easy, when she becomes a teen I'm toast.
    That Kevin Yee is one smart cookie! In everyone's life, a little Pooh must fall.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• King of Los Angeles

I like pooh. i'd just like to see it fleshed out a bit. Since it is a billion dollar brand. It'd be nice to see them put a continuous investment into one of their bigger properties. For example, during the annual extended refurb they could:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I love it when people post how great something is knowing that it's widely criticized, and then say, oh we don't need to rehash that. Wonderful, you like the ride, people like all kinds of crap, now we can add this to the list of crappy things that someone out there in the world likes. Fascinating.
    Uncle Bob, you crack me up.

• King of Los Angeles

I like pooh. i'd just like to see it fleshed out a bit. Since it is a billion dollar brand. It'd be nice to see them put a continuous investment into one of their bigger properties. For example, during the annual extended refurb they could:

1) Add an animatronic every year! Mr. Potato Head cost about 1 million to make. If they replaced a static figure with a nice AA once a year the ride would gradually get better without too much expenditure. Sice Pooh products are some of teh top-selling a better ride means more riders and more merch sales.

2) Eliminate the plywood. Same idea. Remove some of the plywood in favor of 3d sets. If you change a little at a time, you can absorb the cost more easily over the long-run.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

While its far from one of my favorite rides, my youngest (who is 6) loves it. If she's happy, then Im happy.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123