Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• DCA FTW!

Re: Cars Race Ahead To Groundbreaking + New Details

Cant Wait for this ride to open! WOOT!!!!

"Radiator Springs Racers" Does the job for me since you know we are racing around radiator springs. The only sad part is that we have to wait 4 years for this baby to open ( tho I'm willing to wait ) fingers crossed that all goes as planned and we don't have to wait longer.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    If built as planned, it would be the largest concrete construction project ever done by Disney, even exceeding TDS. The scale of the Carsland is massive, rockwork large enough to cover the views of the Anaheim around. Something like this will take a while to build, if not trimmed down.
    WOW! A construct coparable to TDS is unfathanably mamoth. ..just WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Besides the drive-in, whats in Phase II for DCA?
    There's a train ride w/dark ride elements coming, a log ride, a film (possibly about Walt Disney's life, or some other interesting topic), animatronics added to Grizzly Peak, an indoor inverted roller coaster, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Cant Wait for this ride to open! WOOT!!!!

"Radiator Springs Racers" Does the job for me since you know we are racing around radiator springs. The only sad part is that we have to wait 4 years for this baby to open ( tho I'm willing to wait ) fingers crossed that all goes as planned and we don't have to wait longer.
    It should be a blast watching it's construction.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• TR2N. Are You Ready?

All I want to see is them finally getting started on this. We have like 4 years to wait until this ride opens. Ill be 18 by then. Wow, that seems like a long wait.

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

"Radiator Springs Racers". That name is brilliant, if not then nearly genious! Many of us lifelong locals have fond nostalgic memories of the Wacky Soapbox Racers at Knott's. By naming it RSR, maybe people will be reminded of that now long-gone attraction and the excitement that went along with racing the other riders.

But the saddest part of all of this is the demise of the Timon parking lot. Not only my personal favorite place to park, but what is the last remaining portion of the old Disneyland parking lot.

• Banned User

There's a train ride w/dark ride elements coming, a log ride, a film (possibly about Walt Disney's life, or some other interesting topic), animatronics added to Grizzly Peak, an indoor inverted roller coaster, among other things.
    Sorry, I have a really hard time believing this. Where did you hear this? The Log ride and Indoor rollercoaster specifically. And please don't say Al said it.

Yes, i'm a "see it to believe it" person.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Sorry, I have a really hard time believing this. Where did you hear this? The Log ride and Indoor rollercoaster specifically. And please don't say Al said it.

Yes, i'm a "see it to believe it" person.
    That's perfectly fine. I'm just happy that you are taking an active interest, stitchon. My source for the log ride comes from a friend of mine that has Imagineer friends in WDI - the same source that told me about WALL-E being slated for the Innoventions building when Microsoft's contract runs out. Al has since confirmed the WALL-E rumor as being viable.

Back to the log ride, think about it. The buzz going round does make sense, considering the fact that Disney has made such a monumental success story out of Splash Mountain. The DCA log ride is porported to go into the Paradise Pier area, on the Muhlholland Madness side.

Prior to rumors of DCA being overhalled, Al had mentioned rumors concerning an indoor coaster with an industrial theme for the Wharf area, and am inverted coaster with a Monsters theme for the Paradise Pier area. Since that time, he has not announced a change in plans that a coaster will be coming to DCA. Logic dictates that it will occur during phase 2 - if not that, phase 3. Whether they stick with a Monsters theme or not is anybody's guess. Personally, the industrial idea intrigues me.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Prior to rumors of DCA being overhalled, Al had mentioned rumors concerning an indoor coaster with an industrial theme for the Wharf area, and am inverted coaster with a Monsters theme for the Paradise Pier area. Since that time, he has not announced a change in plans that a coaster will be coming to DCA. Logic dictates that it will occur during phase 2 - if not that, phase 3. Whether they stick with a Monsters theme or not is anybody's guess. Personally, the industrial idea intrigues me.
    The industrial roller coaster sounds an awful lot like Industrial Revolution, the premier attraction of the Enterprise area of Disney's America. A certain Imagineer by the name of Bob Weiss was once involved with the Disney's America project.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Destination View Post
    All I want to see is them finally getting started on this. We have like 4 years to wait until this ride opens. Ill be 18 by then. Wow, that seems like a long wait.
    I wish it were sooner, as well. Word is that new regular the entry way and the street themed to the 20's ara (Walt's time as a young entertainment entrepreneur) will not be ready ubtil around the same time. Oh well, life has a way of keeping us busy - making seemingly far off events occur right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    "Radiator Springs Racers". That name is brilliant, if not then nearly genious! Many of us lifelong locals have fond nostalgic memories of the Wacky Soapbox Racers at Knott's. By naming it RSR, maybe people will be reminded of that now long-gone attraction and the excitement that went along with racing the other riders.

But the saddest part of all of this is the demise of the Timon parking lot. Not only my personal favorite place to park, but what is the last remaining portion of the old Disneyland parking lot.
    You have some genious of your own, DisneyIPresume. I would have never thought to compare Radiator Springs Racers with the Wacky Soapbox Racers. Just the same, you are right as right can be. Plenty of guests will in all likelihood view RSR as an opportunity to revesit a great attraction genra which brings back fond memories to them.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The industrial roller coaster sounds an awful lot like Industrial Revolution, the premier attraction of the Enterprise area of Disney's America. A certain Imagineer by the name of Bob Weiss was once involved with the Disney's America project.
    Now that you have brought that up, lazyboy, I remember reading about all of the former plans for Disney's ,America - the Industrial Revolution included. How wonderful if they were to bring this concept forward and include it in one of the phases of the makeover. Now, I've never been a critic of popular character based attractions - if anything, I've been a proponent. But, the Industrial Revolution coaster is such a heady idea, I find it irresistable. A thrill ride / historically significant educational experience would be a refreshing new concept in it's own right.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-24-2008 at 03:06 PM.

• Banned User

That's perfectly fine. I'm just happy that you are taking an active interest, stitchon. My source for the log ride comes from a friend of mine that has Imagineer friends in WDI - the same source that told me about WALL-E being slated for the Innoventions building when Microsoft's contract runs out. Al has since confirmed the WALL-E rumor as being viable.

Back to the log ride, think about it. The buzz going round does make sense, considering the fact that Disney has made such a monumental success story out of Splash Mountain. The DCA log ride is porported to go into the Paradise Pier area, on the Muhlholland Madness side.

Wow. Those ideas really sound amazing! I do hope they happen. However, I feel that The Incredibles would lend itself better to a thrill ride compared to Monsters. Incredibles is so underrepresented in the parks and is by far one of Pixar's best films. Also, I think a Villains-themed log flume would be very cool, perhaps like the once-rumored Fire Mountain?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Wow. Those ideas really sound amazing! I do hope they happen. However, I feel that The Incredibles would lend itself better to a thrill ride compared to Monsters. Incredibles is so underrepresented in the parks and is by far one of Pixar's best films. Also, I think a Villains-themed log flume would be very cool, perhaps like the once-rumored Fire Mountain?
    The biggest problem facing The Incredibles is that none of the Disney parks actually have an environment conducive to the film's setting. While it is a sort of space age, what we dreamed of 1960s, it is not presented in a manner that meshes well with Tomorrowland. That really only leaves the two studio parks and the, in my opinion, weak "it is based on a movie" justification.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The biggest problem facing The Incredibles is that none of the Disney parks actually have an environment conducive to the film's setting. While it is a sort of space age, what we dreamed of 1960s, it is not presented in a manner that meshes well with Tomorrowland. That really only leaves the two studio parks and the, in my opinion, weak "it is based on a movie" justification.
    I understand what your saying, but perhaps Disney could create a storyline and original villain for the attraction. Maybe have his hideout as a dilapidated wharf building, and use the two Factory buildings as queue? I think that the wharf could end itself to the ride if they creates their own story behind it.

And I definitely agree about the studios parks. They shouldn't be used as the catch-all park for themes. It's already too jumbled and messy.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

RSR, as it has been so aptly nicknamed, has the most potential of any future attraction they announced and is definetly gonna convince me to go to DR

• I'm not really here

I understand what your saying, but perhaps Disney could create a storyline and original villain for the attraction. Maybe have his hideout as a dilapidated wharf building, and use the two Factory buildings as queue? I think that the wharf could end itself to the ride if they creates their own story behind it.
    I actually like that idea. It has merit and potential. It would create a unique story around characters we are already familiar with and put them in a setting that is conceivable (they live in a sea-side city), but not been seen ever before.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

As you can tell by my sig, I am a BIG FAN of construction pictures and I did those 20 years ago with a film camera. I hope the whole lot of us can document construction of Carsland/RSR like never before!

When is the actual groundbreaking? When do they tear up the parking lot? Photos or it didn't happen!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast