Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Re: Cars Race Ahead To Groundbreaking + New Details

I like the name, but does TDA like the name? Or will there be 2 names?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I actually like that idea. It has merit and potential. It would create a unique story around characters we are already familiar with and put them in a setting that is conceivable (they live in a sea-side city), but not been seen ever before.

Just trying to think of any characters that would fit into a Wharf setting. Doc Ock? Not Disney. Ratigan? That's London. Fagin from Oliver & Company? That's New York. Yeah, can't think of one.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm not really here

^^ Me neither.

I think it would be cool if we could get a web cam placed somewhere to watch this progress. Even to timelapse or something like the cameras that were placed on the Matterhorn for Nemo timelapse.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I actually like that idea. It has merit and potential. It would create a unique story around characters we are already familiar with and put them in a setting that is conceivable (they live in a sea-side city), but not been seen ever before.
    Heh, thanks. The idea is something I swear I heard on here a few years ago when the robotic arm idea was still in play, but it stood out as something I think would be amazing, not to mention one of the first truly original ideas they have came up with since Everest.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    ...anyone else think "Radiator Springs Racers" is too much of a tongue-twister to be an effective title?
    Yes.

Most people will call it "Cars" or "the Cars ride" or "the race car ride." It's always unfortunate (IMO) when they can't come up with a name people will actually use.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    Yes.

Most people will call it "Cars" or "the Cars ride" or "the race car ride." It's always unfortunate (IMO) when they can't come up with a name people will actually use.
    However, if they called it "The Cars Ride", it would sound generic and wouldn't really explain what the ride is. Heck, that could be Autopia! I think Radiator Springs racers fits because it describes what your doing: Racing through Radiator Springs. It's like Splash Mountain, your in a mountain, and you make a splash.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    That's perfectly fine. I'm just happy that you are taking an active interest, stitchon. My source for the log ride comes from a friend of mine that has Imagineer friends in WDI - the same source that told me about WALL-E being slated for the Innoventions building when Microsoft's contract runs out. Al has since confirmed the WALL-E rumor as being viable.

Back to the log ride, think about it. The buzz going round does make sense, considering the fact that Disney has made such a monumental success story out of Splash Mountain. The DCA log ride is porported to go into the Paradise Pier area, on the Muhlholland Madness side.

Prior to rumors of DCA being overhalled, Al had mentioned rumors concerning an indoor coaster with an industrial theme for the Wharf area, and am inverted coaster with a Monsters theme for the Paradise Pier area. Since that time, he has not announced a change in plans that a coaster will be coming to DCA. Logic dictates that it will occur during phase 2 - if not that, phase 3. Whether they stick with a Monsters theme or not is anybody's guess. Personally, the industrial idea intrigues me.
    I must have missed this memo. Why would they do a log ride when they already have Grizzly? Isn't Little Mermaid and Goofy's Flying Academy going in the Mulholland Madness area? Where are they going to fit an inverted coaster in Paradise Pier? And another coaster on the Wharf? It's starting to sound like Knotts.
    I want my cake back!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    I must have missed this memo. Why would they do a log ride when they already have Grizzly? Isn't Little Mermaid and Goofy's Flying Academy going in the Mulholland Madness area? Where are they going to fit an inverted coaster in Paradise Pier? And another coaster on the Wharf? It's starting to sound like Knotts.
    Well, think about it. I believe Goofy's Sky Skool is only a temporary thing. If they spread the ride out along the area where the Mailboomer is, above the new Biergarten, and where Mulholland Madness is, I think they could possibly have enough room. Perhaps have the log splashdown into Paradise Bay?

Also, these coasters wouldn't be just plain steel. Even California Screamin's supports fit the theme and aren't just steel poles like at Knotts.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post

I think the memo was one of those things that was never greenlit, but probably thought about at the most. The Incredibles attraction was rumored for the Wharf area but shelved.

So no need to worry about an inverted coaster or log ride for now. They may come back to life they may not. It's definitely a decade away if they do decide to finally do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    Yes.

I agree.

'Radiator Springs Racers' is a servicable name, but really.... most people are going to call this ride "Cars" when all is said and done.

How often do you hear a visitor yell out to his family, "Hey! let's go on 'Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters' ".... or "I can't wait to ride "Indiana Jones Adventure!".... its usually 'Buzz Lightyear' or 'Indiana Jones'.

I'm not complaining about the name (and "Cars" or "Cars: the Ride" would have sounded either too generic, or too Universal Studios...), I'm just predicting how the general public will provide its own naming of the ride, when all is said and done, and it may just come down to the simplest of terms.

• MiceChat Moderator

Hehe I call the rides by their actual name... but just shortened. I'll probably call it "racers".

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Wow. Those ideas really sound amazing! I do hope they happen. However, I feel that The Incredibles would lend itself better to a thrill ride compared to Monsters. Incredibles is so underrepresented in the parks and is by far one of Pixar's best films. Also, I think a Villains-themed log flume would be very cool, perhaps like the once-rumored Fire Mountain?
    Both concepts would make for a great theme for a coaster. Like you, though, the Incredibles would be my preference, as this franchise is underrepresented. The Incredipods have been heavily rumored for Tomorrowland's former PM track. It's important to note that Star Tours motorbikes, Meet the Robinsons vehicles, and WALL-E vehicles have been rumored as well.

An Incredibles coaster at DCA would be a smart move for Disney. If Imagineered and built right, people would love it. Io feel the Wharf or Hollywood area would be the best location for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The biggest problem facing The Incredibles is that none of the Disney parks actually have an environment conducive to the film's setting. While it is a sort of space age, what we dreamed of 1960s, it is not presented in a manner that meshes well with Tomorrowland. That really only leaves the two studio parks and the, in my opinion, weak "it is based on a movie" justification.
    I feel that TL would thematically be condusive to the Incredibles as superheroes represent an element of futuristisci-fi. This remains true, even when a given superhero story takes place in the present or the past. That being said, Meet the Robinsons or WALL-E wouldblend in better with the environ.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I understand what your saying, but perhaps Disney could create a storyline and original villain for the attraction. Maybe have his hideout as a dilapidated wharf building, and use the two Factory buildings as queue? I think that the wharf could end itself to the ride if they creates their own story behind it.

And I definitely agree about the studios parks. They shouldn't be used as the catch-all park for themes. It's already too jumbled and messy.
    I love this idea! Al has said that the Wharf area is to take on a San Francisco theme. On the other hand, he hasn't mentioned anything about attractions that could find their way there. So, an Incredibles adventure in San Francisco sounds doable to me. Heck ..I remember an entire Star Trek movie that took place in San Francisco.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The industrial roller coaster sounds an awful lot like Industrial Revolution, the premier attraction of the Enterprise area of Disney's America. A certain Imagineer by the name of Bob Weiss was once involved with the Disney's America project.
    Isn't he in charge of Imagineering for DCA? I thought Al mentioned something like that seeing as most of his attractions for Disney's America ended up as watered down versions for DCA. I really hope his ideas continue to pile up as they were/are fantastic.

I really am looking forward to Carsland and I'm thinking RSR will be the premier attraction in the whole resort.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by WDWImagineer View Post
    RSR, as it has been so aptly nicknamed, has the most potential of any future attraction they announced and is definetly gonna convince me to go to DR
    I agree 110%, WDWImagineer. Couldn't hope for a more creative/inspiring/relative name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    As you can tell by my sig, I am a BIG FAN of construction pictures and I did those 20 years ago with a film camera. I hope the whole lot of us can document construction of Carsland/RSR like never before!

When is the actual groundbreaking? When do they tear up the parking lot? Photos or it didn't happen!
    How fun it will be to follow the construction phases, and to document them.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I like the name, but does TDA like the name? Or will there be 2 names?
    The name is green-lit along with the attraction. So, of course TDA approves of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Just trying to think of any characters that would fit into a Wharf setting. Doc Ock? Not Disney. Ratigan? That's London. Fagin from Oliver & Company? That's New York. Yeah, can't think of one.
    Whether an Incredibles coaster goes into the Wharf area or in hollywood makes no difference to me - so long as we get a new coaster.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Out of Carsland this is the only ride I'm looking forward to, all the rest of Carsland, I'll just pass over for other things, everyone can enjoy the "land", I just want this ride.
    Same situation for me.

I'm really not a fan of the Cars universe at all, and its the last Pixar movie I wanted to see a whole land made after, but I guess automobiles are a part of the California mindframe more than rat chefs and closet traveling Monsters.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast