Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Cars Race Ahead To Groundbreaking + New Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Same situation for me.

I'm really not a fan of the Cars universe at all, and its the last Pixar movie I wanted to see a whole land made after, but I guess automobiles are a part of the California mindframe more than rat chefs and closet traveling Monsters.
    Cars are a big part of California, but so are the high desert and route 66, so I love that a whole land is being dedicated to it - as you can tell from my nickname. I even have a desert named after me or maybe it's the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Cars are a big part of California, but so are the high desert and route 66, so I love that a whole land is being dedicated to it - as you can tell from my nickname. I even have a desert named after me or maybe it's the other way around.
    Thats why I feel the land should be named Route 66 or even the Mojave... Much more topical as a California tie-in than a movie tie in, plus it makes the land more appealing to people (including me) who are not big fans of Cars as a film.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    Yes.

Most people will call it "Cars" or "the Cars ride" or "the race car ride." It's always unfortunate (IMO) when they can't come up with a name people will actually use.
    Many people call Snow White's Scary Adventure, Snow White - the Indana Jones Adventure, Iindiana Jones or Indy - Pirates of the Caribbean, Pirates - and the Matterorn bobsleds the Matterhorn or the bobleds. This doesn't mean that they don't love the omplete nams when they hear or read them. People just naturally rename rides, affectionately. i believe that most would be bumbed out or protest if the actual names of popular and /or classic rides were simplified to these affectionate monikers that people use. That would be condsending on Disney's part. As a name, Radiator Springs Racers is both intelligent and fanciful fun believable fantasy that draws you in.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    However, if they called it "The Cars Ride", it would sound generic and wouldn't really explain what the ride is. Heck, that could be Autopia! I think Radiator Springs racers fits because it describes what your doing: Racing through Radiator Springs. It's like Splash Mountain, your in a mountain, and you make a splash.
    rrrrrrrev! rrrrrrrrev! rrrrrright on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    I must have missed this memo. Why would they do a log ride when they already have Grizzly? Isn't Little Mermaid and Goofy's Flying Academy going in the Mulholland Madness area? Where are they going to fit an inverted coaster in Paradise Pier? And another coaster on the Wharf? It's starting to sound like Knotts.
    Why did they create Tower of Terror when they already had Maliboomer? Why did the create Space Mountain when they already had the Matterhor? Why are the creating the Little Mermaid dark ride when they already have the Monsters dark ride? I could go on forever.

There's always going to be a compunction for theme parks to create new themes for existing, tried and true blue attractions - or genras as you may. Guests by the millioons will always be crazy about quality new attractions, even if the genra itself can functionally be categorized as the same type of attraction as many ohers.

The wharf could fit, and another coaster as well. However, i feel a nw coaster will end up elsewhere in the park - and not Paradise Pier. The log ride is coming.

Well, think about it. I believe Goofy's Sky Skool is only a temporary thing. If they spread the ride out along the area where the Mailboomer is, above the new Biergarten, and where Mulholland Madness is, I think they could possibly have enough room. Perhaps have the log splashdown into Paradise Bay?

Also, these coasters wouldn't be just plain steel. Even California Screamin's supports fit the theme and aren't just steel poles like at Knotts.
    You are corret, stitchon. According to rumor, Imagineers are already working out a plan as to where the log ride will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think the memo was one of those things that was never greenlit, but probably thought about at the most. The Incredibles attraction was rumored for the Wharf area but shelved.

So no need to worry about an inverted coaster or log ride for now. They may come back to life they may not. It's definitely a decade away if they do decide to finally do it.
    Make that the next 6 to 10 years - far enough off, but not forever away. It will be a pleasant surprise when it happens.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Isn't he in charge of Imagineering for DCA? I thought Al mentioned something like that seeing as most of his attractions for Disney's America ended up as watered down versions for DCA. I really hope his ideas continue to pile up as they were/are fantastic.

I really am looking forward to Carsland and I'm thinking RSR will be the premier attraction in the whole resort.
    I believe Bob Weiss was the one who basically led the team that came up with the whole proposal to redesign DCA with all of these "placemaking" projects. I think his proposal was competing against Tony Baxter's idea, which was to basically somehow make HPBL and CF new lands of DL, and then take down the fences and make the rest of DCA into part of DTD, with individual tickets sold for each attraction.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I believe Bob Weiss was the one who basically led the team that came up with the whole proposal to redesign DCA with all of these "placemaking" projects. I think his proposal was competing against Tony Baxter's idea, which was to basically somehow make HPBL and CF new lands of DL, and then take down the fences and make the rest of DCA into part of DTD, with individual tickets sold for each attraction.
    Wow the whole DLR as one park is hard to swallow and completely stupid.

• a wind to shake the stars

This ride is going to be completely amazing.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i love the idea of a villans ride, we definelty need more villans in either parks

RSR sounds cool, like a more high teck version of test track. i like the idea of the cars swiching tracks in the middle of the ride
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Isn't he in charge of Imagineering for DCA? I thought Al mentioned something like that seeing as most of his attractions for Disney's America ended up as watered down versions for DCA. I really hope his ideas continue to pile up as they were/are fantastic.

I really am looking forward to Carsland and I'm thinking RSR will be the premier attraction in the whole resort.
    One project that I would like to see built as a fill-on e-ticket is the Industrial Rrevolution coaster (discussed earlier this evening on this thread). Bob Weiss and his Imagineering teem did a beautiful job drawing up plans for that.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Very engaging idea for the background setting of a land. I used to live in Mojave when my dad worked for Edward's Rocket Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Wonder if they would have renamed the new DAC land, Disjointedland? Individual attraction tickets would have been a step back in the past. I must say that as bad as things have been concerning the park, that plan would have escalated people's disdain for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    i love the idea of a villans ride, we definelty need more villans in either parks

RSR sounds cool, like a more high teck version of test track. i like the idea of the cars swiching tracks in the middle of the ride
    How utterly fantastic it would be if Disneyland should build the Villains Mountain flume ride that they were once considering placng in an area behind the the sub lagoon - with guests ultimately splashing down into the lagoon in their vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    That's perfectly fine. I'm just happy that you are taking an active interest, stitchon. My source for the log ride comes from a friend of mine that has Imagineer friends in WDI - the same source that told me about WALL-E being slated for the Innoventions building when Microsoft's contract runs out. Al has since confirmed the WALL-E rumor as being viable.

Back to the log ride, think about it. The buzz going round does make sense, considering the fact that Disney has made such a monumental success story out of Splash Mountain. The DCA log ride is porported to go into the Paradise Pier area, on the Muhlholland Madness side.

Are you sure about the location of the flume ride? My understanding was that it would go between the beer garden and the west helix of Screamin with it probably wrapping around and thru the helix.
    This will force the re-positioning of the parade gates and the redseign of the area that is now part of the pizza oom mowmow

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I wish it were sooner, as well. Word is that new regular the entry way and the street themed to the 20's ara (Walt's time as a young entertainment entrepreneur) will not be ready ubtil around the same time. Oh well, life has a way of keeping us busy - making seemingly far off events occur right around the corner.
    The plans are to have something new premier every 14 to 18 months untul the big CarLand opens in 2012.

The entrance and Mermaid attraction should be the big thing to celebate DCA's 11th birthday

Wow. Those ideas really sound amazing! I do hope they happen. However, I feel that The Incredibles would lend itself better to a thrill ride compared to Monsters. Incredibles is so underrepresented in the parks and is by far one of Pixar's best films. Also, I think a Villains-themed log flume would be very cool, perhaps like the once-rumored Fire Mountain?

I agree, if WDI could figures out the earlier problems in regards to attraction capacity i think the revival of the Incredibles attraction envisioned once for DCA would fit nicely in the pier area. I could definately see them removing another midway game and the tattoo shop in favor for an attraction entrance that would lead to a large showroom behind Screamin.

That idea could easily be blended in well with the theme of an abondoned fun house. iw rote about some ideas sometime back when Incredibles was still on the drawing board. This was back when a Cars attraction was being put aside as being too intrusive. Actually i am glad that eventually both were put in the back burner because the cars attraction evolved into a land with a much better theme than the previous idea which would had made the one attraction be housed in a huge showbuilding that almost looked like a large racetrack at the end of a street.
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-24-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The biggest problem facing The Incredibles is that none of the Disney parks actually have an environment conducive to the film's setting. While it is a sort of space age, what we dreamed of 1960s, it is not presented in a manner that meshes well with Tomorrowland. That really only leaves the two studio parks and the, in my opinion, weak "it is based on a movie" justification.
    i mentioned it sometime back. I think with some imagination a crossover for the incredibles in the Wharf or better yet the pier would work.

Think of all the movies and stories of older funhouses being used as a villian hideout. something that comes in mind is the very popular Scooby movie. It could really add a fun attraction with the perfect theme for the pier.
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-24-2008 at 08:45 PM.

There are two large, long buildings backstage at DCA, one south of Screamin' and one east of the Pier, soon to be sandwiched in by Carsland. Are they both parade housing? Will they need to keep both?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I agree, if WDI could figures out the earlier problems in regards to attraction capacity i think the revival of the Incredibles attraction envisioned once for DCA would fit nicely in the pier area. I could definately see them removing another midway game and the tattoo shop in favor for an attraction entrance that would lead to a large showroom behind Screamin.

That idea could easily be blended in well with the theme of an abondoned fun house
    To build a show building behind Screamin', they would need to get rid of the (parade?) building. There's no other empty space.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    Yes.

Most people will call it "Cars" or "the Cars ride" or "the race car ride." It's always unfortunate (IMO) when they can't come up with a name people will actually use.
    It wouldn't be the first time

Monsato house of the future - Monsato
    Haunted Mansion - haunted house
    Splash Mountain - Splash
    Space Mountain - Space
    Snow whites Scary adventure - Snow White
    It's a small World - small world

People will always trim down the name or call it something else.

At least they have a little more creativity than Universal

Mummy The ride
    Simpsons the ride
    Jurrasic park the ride
    shrek 4d
    Back to the future the ride
    Spiderman the ride

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast