Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Cars Race Ahead To Groundbreaking + New Details

It's About time. According to About.com, groundbreaking will commence soon for thecoming DCA superheadliner, Radiator Springs Racers. Jay Rasulo is touting that the ride will include one-of-a kind breakthrough technology that will pit racing cars against eachother while revving thru scene after scene. In the outdoor portion of the ride, John Lsssiter affirmed recently that vehicles will change tracks wle racing agaist eachother. The outcome of each race will not be known until they pass the finish line.

As the opening date is being targeted for 2012, WDI will have lkenty of time to oversee each phase of it's construction, and totweek it up. I'm shocked to hear Jay Rasulo actually bragging up a new ride. Essentially. he ha concerned himself with marketing retail shops, etc. The plans must indicate a monster of a ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• =)

Re: Cars Race Ahead To Groundbreaking + New Details

Fingers crossed! It may be a movie tie-in and it may not exactly make sense with the California Adventure brand, but I gotta say, this attraction has the potential to be AWESOME.

EDIT: Gah, I hate being negative, but I just thought of something...anyone else think "Radiator Springs Racers" is too much of a tongue-twister to be an effective title? I dunno if I can think of anything better, though...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Fingers crossed! It may be a movie tie-in and it may not exactly make sense with the California Adventure brand, but I gotta say, this attraction has the potential to be AWESOME.

EDIT: Gah, I hate being negative, but I just thought of something...anyone else think "Radiator Springs Racers" is too much of a tongue-twister to be an effective title? I dunno if I can think of anything better, though...
    Potentially.

Also, RSR? Sounds fine to me.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm right there with you. Since I am expecting a couple of more years until I go back to Disneyland, the new Disney's California Adventure is something I am looking forward to seeing.

I think it is teetering on the edge, just enough to make the name memorable and a bit exciting.

• Pirate for life

I think it sounds interesting. I mean I loved Test Track and this sounds much more involved. So ya, excited.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Fingers crossed! It may be a movie tie-in and it may not exactly make sense with the California Adventure brand, but I gotta say, this attraction has the potential to be AWESOME..
    The DCA name/California theme is going to be replaced with a new name/theme. Regardless of that fact, you, Datameister are correct in your assertion that Radiator Springs Racers has a tremendous potential to be ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
    Let's see... Sally sells seashells on Disney Cruise Lines' island destinations' sea shores. Yep. Disney vacation resort tongue twisters work or me.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    Potentially.

Also, RSR? Sounds fine to me.
    Right on, Light Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I'm right there with you. Since I am expecting a couple of more years until I go back to Disneyland, the new Disney's California Adventure is something I am looking forward to seeing.

I think it is teetering on the edge, just enough to make the name memorable and a bit exciting.
    Very well put! It is an edgy name at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stich626 View Post
    I think it sounds interesting. I mean I loved Test Track and this sounds much more involved. So ya, excited.
    Test Track will pale in comparison with this technological. immersive and downright fun marvel.

• I'm not really here

From everything I've read/seen about this ride, this has the potential to become a flagship attraction. When Al is saying that this ride will be the kind that hasn't been seen since Indy, I start to get a bit excited.

I think the name is perfect. It is short, tells you exactly what the ride is about in 3 words, has enough alliteration to become memorable and borders on difficulty without being hard which makes it fun to say.

I'm really excited to see how they do the lane change in the outdoor portion of the ride. This was said to have given the Imagineers a lot of trouble figuring out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Whoa now. It is way too early to denounce anything about this ride, including the title. I've just endured months of TSMM haters, from people who had not even ridden the ride yet! It continues today with people finding fault in the titles, saying they are confused by it all. How dare the Disney company call the ride one thing here and another at WDW? How dare marketing make so many mistakes? How dare they make a commercial and have the word "resort" on the Disneyland resort logo be so small!? It really gets ridiculous.

Lets just give RSR a chance!

And BTW Data, I read your posts and know you are not a negative person. I actually just echo your own sentiment of "I hate being negative" and took an opportunity (That I might soon begin to scream louder and LOUDER) to get on my soapbox.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Circle of Ancients

I actually really like the name. It kind of rolls off the tongue.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I think the name gives it character. In the end people will probalby just call it the race car ride.
    Dave

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    From everything I've read/seen about this ride, this has the potential to become a flagship attraction. When Al is saying that this ride will be the kind that hasn't been seen since Indy, I start to get a bit excited.

I think the name is perfect. It is short, tells you exactly what the ride is about in 3 words, has enough alliteration to become memorable and borders on difficulty without being hard which makes it fun to say.

I'm really excited to see how they do the lane change in the outdoor portion of the ride. This was said to have given the Imagineers a lot of trouble figuring out.
    With the size and scope of the ride being compared to Indy, we can expect it to be huge in terms of both the building and the outdoor portion of the track. How phenomunal it is that two elements that we know about, so far, have never been used in a Disney theme park before - 1) racing alongside another vehicle, amd 2. changing tracks. The latter will be a first for the theme park industry as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Whoa now. It is way too early to denounce anything about this ride, including the title. I've just endured months of TSMM haters, from people who had not even ridden the ride yet! It continues today with people finding fault in the titles, saying they are confused by it all. How dare the Disney company call the ride one thing here and another at WDW? How dare marketing make so many mistakes? How dare they make a commercial and have the word "resort" on the Disneyland resort logo be so small!? It really gets ridiculous.

Lets just give RSR a chance!

And BTW Data, I read your posts and know you are not a negative person. I actually just echo your own sentiment of "I hate being negative" and took an opportunity (That I might soon begin to scream louder and LOUDER) to get on my soapbox.
    Critics of this nature are self defeating. For one thing, they only succeed in making themselves more irrelavant everytime that they open their mouths. Another thing, these people are obviously unhappy to the point that their bitterness has poisoned the atmosphere around them. The addage goes "Missery loves company." Company doesn't love Missery back, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I actually really like the name. It kind of rolls off the tongue.
    rrrrrrrrrrev! rrrrrrrrrrrrev! Rrrrrrrrrrrrradiatorrrrrrrrrr Sprrrrrrrrrrrrrings Rrrrrrrrrrrracerrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I think the name gives it character. In the end people will probalby just call it the race car ride.
    The name exudes coolness and distinction and character.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-24-2008 at 09:07 AM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Out of Carsland this is the only ride I'm looking forward to, all the rest of Carsland, I'll just pass over for other things, everyone can enjoy the "land", I just want this ride.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Out of Carsland this is the only ride I'm looking forward to, all the rest of Carsland, I'll just pass over for other things, everyone can enjoy the "land", I just want this ride.
    You sound like a true devotee already, Mycoofy Duck. I'm excited about phase II of the Carsland project , when they build the drive-in movie restaurant that is currently on the back burner 'till then.

• Collision speed....FULL!

If built as planned, it would be the largest concrete construction project ever done by Disney, even exceeding TDS. The scale of the Carsland is massive, rockwork large enough to cover the views of the Anaheim around. Something like this will take a while to build, if not trimmed down.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Besides the drive-in, whats in Phase II for DCA?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast