Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Animatronic

Re: Good Idea or Bad Idea? Live Mermaids part of The Little Mermaid Ride Que

It's good idea, but only if the top half is fish.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I'd say if they were going to do it, they have to becareful with the material so that it doesn't rip and fall off during that time, it has to be resistant.

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

ummm bad idea

I think it's a good idea. I've always loved mermaids, and this would literally have made the trip for me as a child. I thought part of the problem before was that the mermaids were out roasting in the sun all day - that could be easily fixed, it seems. You could do something like sitting on rocks for a 'dry' meet-and-greet. Or they could just 'swim' out from backstage, do a fifteen minute set and 'swim' back.

I think it would be cool to have Ariel's sisters hanging around They don't get any attention, but they're really cute and little girls wouldn't care if they didn't know who they were - mermaids!
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Seems kind of odd and all the dirty old men would ogle them.
    Damn straight.

• I'm not really here

As much as I love mermaids... bad idea.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• The one, the only...

While on the surface it appears to be a good idea (pun!), I really don't think it is as exciting to kids as adults. Kids want to go "under the sea." They want to personally meet Ariel, but she does not have to have fins. They want to interact with the other fish in the movie, but not above the water. So it is a bad idea.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Yea, if guests had problems with Esmeralda who was fully clothed they're gonna have a problem with the mermaids.
    What did the Esmeralda costume look like? Couldn't have been that bad.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
    I think it's a good idea. I've always loved mermaids, and this would literally have made the trip for me as a child. I thought part of the problem before was that the mermaids were out roasting in the sun all day - that could be easily fixed, it seems. You could do something like sitting on rocks for a 'dry' meet-and-greet. Or they could just 'swim' out from backstage, do a fifteen minute set and 'swim' back.
    [/I]
    I agree this would be the best way to do it.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I think it would be a neat idea, but a logistical nightmare, unfortuantely.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I second that!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    The bottom half might look pretty good - but the top half would require that several sacks be placed over it.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

I love the idea! Good looking girls clad in skimpy bikinis. On the surface or underwater, I'd find the whole spicy adventure so exciting that I'd lose all Iinterest in finding Nemo! Up parascope!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Highball View Post
    I think it's a good idea, but I believe that most children today would know that it's not a real mermaid and thus the magic of it would be lost on them.
    Yes, but most kids realize that the Costumes characters, aren't truly the characters, and that does not take away.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Yes, but most kids realize that the Costumes characters, aren't truly the characters, and that does not take away.
    This is all revelation to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast