Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: SeaWolf38's Tour Trip Report

Thanks for posting such a detailed trip report. It's nice how things change and different things are offered to keep it fresh if you decide to ever go again.

Well Done!

• living to haunt

Wow what a great Trip and guide! I had no idea about the Fess Parker window! I will have to show that to grandkids next trip. What a great way to remember your trip to the Tikki Room~! You are a lucky guy!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• For You!

Thanks for the trip report! I always wanted an in-depth report on it!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• E T1CK3T

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

• ...my first visit to DL

I'll add my kudos - thanks for the great report. During my first visit to Disneyland the "thing to do" was to take a Guided Tour. This brought back some memories of that - but the audio track you had was just a twinkle in some engineer's eye at that time. Neat that you ran into Bob Gurr as well...

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice trip report! How long is the tour?
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Nice report. I want to go on the tour so much!! Looks so informative, thanks for sharing!!

• =)

Very nice! Thanks for reminding me on my profile--I somehow missed this thread originally. Congrats again on meeting Bob Gurr!

• Rear Window=Best Movie

WOW! Looks like you had a lot of Fun!! Meeting Bob Gurr! Fabulous! CAN"T WAIT TO GO TO DLR!!

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Nice trip report! How long is the tour?
    The tour is about 3 hours... its listed as 3 and a half hours, but I think the extra half hour is for the dinner afterwards. Thanks again everyone for the feedback! Maybe I should do more in the future!

• Wishing

wow, what an amazing bonus to the tour!
    Most often found at a theme park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

SeaWolf38, thanks for posting such a wonderful and detailed trip report about your visit and especially about the Tour. That was really, really cool that you met Bob Gurr at the Tiki Room. Literally. That's like a hundred kinds of awesomeness right there. Congrats and thanks again for sharing your trip report with us!!!

• "I Break Things"

Bit of a curious question. Did the do the tour on the J.C. or was that just a standard spiel? I only know a handful of Skips and Guides who still know that tour... it was a temp tour while Tiki was down (long story behind that one).

Also, How is Ophelia doing? Someone has a picture somewhere of me in a pair of gloves holding her... which is by far one of the greatest honors I have had as a CM (actually ranks above Walt's Apartment Tour).

Nice TR, if you make adjustments to the pics in Photobucket (like rotating the elevator shots) it will correct them on here as well!
    Last edited by techskip; 06-25-2008 at 10:02 PM.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Bit of a curious question. Did the do the tour on the J.C. or was that just a standard spiel? I only know a handful of Skips and Guides who still know that tour... it was a temp tour while Tiki was down (long story behind that one).

Also, How is Ophelia doing? Someone has a picture somewhere of me in a pair of gloves holding her... which is by far one of the greatest honors I have had as a CM (actually ranks above Walt's Apartment Tour).
    The tour included the J.C., right after the Tiki Room (on a side note here, I often am at the J.C., and I wonder if any of the skips on the dock are you haha)... as far as Ophelia, she looked great, although the tour guide wasn't wearing gloves, which I saw is a trend when I asked a few weeks ago what this tour was like... some pics were posted of Ophelia being handled by tour guides, and most weren't wearing gloves. Although I'm not a CM (yet, haha) I now have the great honor of having met Mr. Gurr. That's probably the best honor... that, or winning the Disneyland Scholarship lol... no, Mr. Gurr is better!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    The tour included the J.C., right after the Tiki Room (on a side note here, I often am at the J.C., and I wonder if any of the skips on the dock are you haha)... as far as Ophelia, she looked great, although the tour guide wasn't wearing gloves, which I saw is a trend when I asked a few weeks ago what this tour was like... some pics were posted of Ophelia being handled by tour guides, and most weren't wearing gloves. Although I'm not a CM (yet, haha) I now have the great honor of having met Mr. Gurr. That's probably the best honor... that, or winning the Disneyland Scholarship lol... no, Mr. Gurr is better!
    It wasn't so much a question of the tour including a ride on the J.C. It was a question of the tour having a portion dedicated to the J.C. While Tiki was down the Guide (not the Skipper) would give an informative history tour while you traveled in the boat. Special care was taken to ensure that the integrity of the show was maintained, the Guide would only stand up when the boat was out of view of others boats or guests. As to me, I haven't been on those docks as a Skip in over a year.

Now about the gloves, that concerns me. The reason for the gloves is specifically because the oils from one's skin can damage the paint (as explained by Disney Archives). I knew a lot of Guides who would use two when removing Ophelia, then slip one off and hold the mechanics in the back, while using the gloved hand to balance her and explain the painted details (and the reason for the glove).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast