View Poll Results: Do you believe TSMM and BLAB are similar?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 32.88%
  • No

49 67.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Are TSMM and BLAB similar?

Well,
    I am hearing lots of people saying BLAB and TSMM are pretty much the same except TSMM is a "updated" version. However does anyone agree with this?
    TSMM is themed from Toy story. BLAB is more themed on Buzz Light year. They both have guest interaction - though it doesn't mean they are same.
    BLAB doesn't stop (usually unless handicap is boarding) TSMM does.
    Does anyone agree that TSMM and BLAB are very different?

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: TSMM and BLAB

BLAB totally sucks and looks really lame compared to TSMM. It totally blows BLAB out of the water in terms of the pace of the ride, the graphics, the game system, the overall feel of the ride with the combined elements, and how much fun you have. TSMM is way more fun than the now outdated BLAB.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I don't think they are similar. I still love BLAB and it is alot of fun, but I feel more interaction in TSMM then in Buzz.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

They are two different rides. It's sad to say, but TSMM is better then Buzz. TSMM can get tiring with the trigger, but you get lot more points on Buzz.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

To me, BLAB is MUCH more of a Dark Ride than TSM!

Buzz offers sets with REAL characters, and a "360" experience.

TSM! is basically JUST a video game, where they force your attention on a Video Screen.

I am not the biggest fan of either of them (Give me a good Roller Coaster or Pirates any day of the week!).

But at least BLAB is more enjoyable for the ENTIRE family, and not just the Video Gamers!

Why did I pay for a trip to the Disneyland Resort (either local with gasoline, or out-of-town with hotels and other expenses) just to pay a lot of money to enter the park to play a video game. Heck, I can bring my laptop and sit in one the Disney owned hotels and play video games online...).

TSM! is not worth much of a wait (IMHO, about 15 minutes or less). Is it fun, yes, is it worth being a Disney Park attraction... NO!

Make TSM! the next version of VMK, and a lot of folks would be happy!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

I think the wording of the poll is a little off. The rides are definitely not the same as some suggested, but they are obviously similar as they're both shooting games involving Toy Story.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

TSM! is basically JUST a video game, where they force your attention on a Video Screen.

I am not the biggest fan of either of them (Give me a good Roller Coaster or Pirates any day of the week!).

But at least BLAB is more enjoyable for the ENTIRE family, and not just the Video Gamers!

Why did I pay for a trip to the Disneyland Resort (either local with gasoline, or out-of-town with hotels and other expenses) just to pay a lot of money to enter the park to play a video game. Heck, I can bring my laptop and sit in one the Disney owned hotels and play video games online...).

TSM! is not worth much of a wait (IMHO, about 15 minutes or less). Is it fun, yes, is it worth being a Disney Park attraction... NO!

To be honest. I am a big video gamer and I did not feel as if I was playing a video game. It felt like I was playing FREE Midway Games!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

They're similar in ways that you shoot your way to a score. The ride, theme, environment, characters can all be different but the goal is the same: shoot your target.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

I believe TSM is a very nice attraction. Disney is known to be unique from other parks. Sometimes they will fail or sometimes they will suceed. Disney always takes the first step. Someone took the first step and built a roller coaster. Now there are roller coasters everywhere.

I give it to Disney for making unique rides. I am thankful that TSM is not a roller coaster. I kind ride a roller coaster in most every theme park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

I'm probably in the minority here, but I find BLAB to be more enjoyable than TSMM. However, you should know that I really love BLAB...it's one of my top 3 favorite attractions at DL. That being said, I think TSMM is lots of fun and quite enjoyable. And TSMM is an amazing technical marvel. What they're able to accomplish with the 3-D effects, including targeting and shooting is pretty incredible. But if I could only ride one of these two attractions on any given day, I'd pick BLAB.

Why? Because it does feel more like a dark ride to me, for the simple reason that it doesn't stop--as Sillyup10 wrote in the original post. When the TSMM ride vehicles come to a stop in front of a game screen, it feels less like a ride for me. Also, from a story and gaming perspective, BLAB has the terrific "boss" monster at the end of the ride in the form of Zurg. TSMM's final round has you shooting at...mine cars. Um, not quite the same build-up and payoff. Now, don't take this as me giving TSMM a negative review. It's a fun, fun attraction and I can't wait to ride it again. I just want to point out that some folks--and there may not be many of us--still enjoy BLAB and it's older technology.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I feel that both of these attractions are very similar... They both have a similar character and ride type (shooting)... However I also feel that it would be really easy to make these two distinctly different attractions... One of the main concerns that I have is that Buzz Lightyear is in both attractions... Why not give another character a chance... You could easily re-theme Buzz Lightyears Astro Blaster to either Meet the Robinsons, Wall-E, or (I know people are going to hate me for saying this but...) Stitch... Then it would be less like having the same attraction in two different theme parks on the same resort...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Circle of Ancients

I like them both. Sure the effects and everything for TSMM is great, and I was worried that we wouldn't like BLAB after riding TSMM. But we still enjoy it just as much.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

They are different IMO, as BLAB is actually THERE.

• Buy N' Large

I suppose they are similar in that they are both "game rides" but htat is where it stops. I thoroughly enloy both rides though, and GF and I always have fun tryng for high scores.
    Disney, Movies and More in My Blog: http://wednesdayatthepark.blogspot.com

The World.
    Inspired by Canon
    :http://flickr.com/drtasso

"I'll Take Months that begin with Feb. for $400."
    "This is the only month, that begins with Feb."
    "Febtober."

• a wind to shake the stars

They're as similar as the Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast