Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Large people at Disneyland.

Hello all, It's been some time since I've been to Disneyland, although I love it and am quite a fanatic (books, DVDs, pins, this web site), I live in Tucson, Arizona, but are planning to go soon. My question is...as a large person, which I am, is there a problem with any of the rides? As far as me fitting in them? I know this is a strange question, but its been like 6 years since I've been and in the past at Magic Mountain I wasn't able to ride some of the coasters, because of my weight. I figured if anyone could give me an idea, it would be here.

Thanks

R.I.P. George Carlin

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Large people at Disneyland.

I believe you will be fine on all of the attractions, but I'll leave this question to the experts.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

All of the rides at Disneyland are suitable for a larger person. California Screamin' has a nice sized seat so you should be fine. Maliboomer was a little tight for me, but I was able to fit on it. They will ask you if it's ok to have them push down on the restraints if they think they can buckle in the belt to the restraint. Don't be afraid to ask a CM before getting in line. They will always be glad to assist you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

my husband is 6'5", 300lbs and has no trouble with any of the rides at Disneyland. The only thing he has to do is cross his legs at the ankles to fit them in on some rides like Space Mountain and Winnie the Pooh
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

It depends how large. One of the reasons they're refurbishing IASW right now is because large people sometimes sank the boats. No, I'm not making that up. You can google it.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    It depends how large. One of the reasons they're refurbishing IASW right now is because large people sometimes sank the boats. No, I'm not making that up. You can google it.
    I dont think they were sinking, i think they were just bottoming out on the flume.

But yes, I think you should be fine on all the rides. My uncle is a larger man and he has no trouble getting on and off the rides. He wouldnt have it otherwise...he said "I spent too much money to not get on all the rides!"

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Disneyfann121 is correct in the sinking, the fluffy club sinks attractions all the time... The fluffy club is actually a group of Micechatters here that are a little on the well Fluffy side... We go on attractions together and have a great time... We even sank a Storybookland Canal Boat... That was such a good time... Anyways as for getting on to attractions themselves just like Elly said just cross your legs at the ankles when getting in and you will be fine...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Winnie the Pooh is a tight fit, but only in the legs. I have issues with Monsters for the same reason. Its like the ride was designed for someone under 4 feet tall. I've asked for the front seat, alone on Pooh and have to sit sideways and my knees still hit.

Grizzy River in DCA is a bit snug but not bad. Mulhulland Madness is a tight squeeze. Matterhorn you might want to sit alone instead of with someone, but otherwise there are no issues on that.

I'm one of those fluffy club members too, and except for the above I've never had a problem.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Disneyfann121 is correct in the sinking, the fluffy club sinks attractions all the time... The fluffy club is actually a group of Micechatters here that are a little on the well Fluffy side... We go on attractions together and have a great time... We even sank a Storybookland Canal Boat... That was such a good time... Anyways as for getting on to attractions themselves just like Elly said just cross your legs at the ankles when getting in and you will be fine...
    Interesting. I guess it was more severe than i thought! My friends and I almost tipped over a storybookland canal boat a few weeks ago. We weren't thinking and DiSnEyFrEaK21 jokingly told us to get on one side. That was a scarilly fun experience

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

I knew that the fluffy club would be well represented in this thread.

GO FLUFFIES!!!!

• Cake Anyone?

I really think fitting in the rides has more to do with how you are shaped than how much you weigh. My ex was 5'6" and well over 320 and since everything was located around the middle for most parts he had problems with the lap bars. He couldn't ride SM because it hurt to much and when we rode BTRR I had to be aware of what was going on because the lap bar was no where near me but was squishing him....
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Oh BTMRR is so much more fun that way...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Banned User

As it's been said, it really depends on how large you are. I'm pretty big (thankfully I've been shedding several pounds lately), but I was able to get on MOST attractions comfortably or relatively comfortably. One I could NOT fit on, however, was Mali-boomer. And they tried. The bar simply would not fit properly around my big gut, though. So, my nephew rode it by himself.

Frankly, I don't think I missed anything except a mild heart attack (I'm kinda scared of heights and I think Mali-boomer is probably a little too intense for me).

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I've never had any problem on a ride, I think most of the rides at Disneyland are suitable for all sizes.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast