Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Fantasmic!: THe Ursula Barge

Its a workboat. And Columbia simply isnt all that reliable.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I definitely miss the Ursula Barge too. I remember for years being upset that it was out of commission everytime I was at the park (then I realized it was just gone for good and disney wasn't just not using it on days I was there :P).
    The ursula in POD makes me pine for the missing barge! If they can do that then why can't they bring her back in Fantasmic. I agree that the water screens go on too long

I know it's still a rumor at the point (actually I just heard about it) but how would they do F&J?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    You're welcome for the video.

If you're at the F! and when Ursula says the T-word, look at the people's reactions around you. Oh yes, everyone hears the same thing.

I wonder if Flotsam & Jetsam are going to appear on the Monkey/Princess barges or as their own barge ala Peter Pan Croc? Speaking of which, why has that been missing and why is the Columbia being pushed by a raft?
    When i was there the in June the Columbia was being pushed by a raft (no Croc), but the next night it wasnt and the croc was present. Maybe motor problems across the board.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I don't remember who mentioned F & J here on the MiceChat boards, but they said Jet Skiis. I don't know if that would work on Rivers of America. Wouldn't they be too noisy? But I like the thought of something additional, Ursula still preferred.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I don't remember who mentioned F & J here on the MiceChat boards, but they said Jet Skiis. I don't know if that would work on Rivers of America. Wouldn't they be too noisy? But I like the thought of something additional, Ursula still preferred.
    Have you heard how loud the attractions and other types of entertainment is without the music? The music covers up most if not all of the sounds that would be emitted.

• Circle of Ancients

I saw it two times in 1992, but remember it well. It was an awesome addition to that part of the show. It really helped separate the extremely long water screen Villain sequence we have now.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    No, using JetSkis as the base chassis would work just fine, and buying them all ready to go would ease the construction and the maintenance - they don't have to start from scratch.

The only thing they would have to do is shorten the handlebars so you can put a seat box on the fantail for the driver. Add LED navigation lights and a two-way radio so the drivers can coordinate - it already has an electrical system. And put on a throttle restrictor to roughly 2/3 full power.

I don't think they want the profile of the eels high enough to hide someone in the classic standing position, and they aren't going to be getting up on plane anyway.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Travel-Sized Guardian

I have to say, I miss the Ursula barge, too. It really did add to the show, and the way her eyes glowed (glew? I dunno. Darn grammar! >< ) creepily at the end of her sequence as she headed back into the dock area is burned within my memory permenently.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

I miss her
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu View Post
    I have to say, I miss the Ursula barge, too. It really did add to the show, and the way her eyes glowed (glew? I dunno. Darn grammar! >< ) creepily at the end of her sequence as she headed back into the dock area is burned within my memory permenently.
    Glowed.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    You're welcome for the video.

If you're at the F! and when Ursula says the T-word, look at the people's reactions around you. Oh yes, everyone hears the same thing.

I wonder if Flotsam & Jetsam are going to appear on the Monkey/Princess barges or as their own barge ala Peter Pan Croc? Speaking of which, why has that been missing and why is the Columbia being pushed by a raft?
    Not sure where the Croc float has been, but the Columbia is running on its own. It seems it only needs assistance from time to time.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Queen Elsa

I could be wrong here but. I had though that when Peter Pan's part comes up in F! that the crock had lights on it to see him better. I kind of remember I think back in 2004 I saw Tic Tac all light up. But now he doesn't. Am I wrong on this or has he alsway been going with no lights on him?

• Hello Dolly.

Yeah i read that F! was suppoesed to go under rehab again in Sep. i think. Ursula was gunna be worked on and the light, misters and other things. And that they are gunna make the dragon in the show bigger and more realistic.
    i hope Ursula comes back!

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I vaguely remember that.. watching the clip brings back vague memories of seeing it..

I don't remember what everyone is saying about it being out of sync and what not.. maybe cuz I can only really remember just seeing it.. but not what it actually did..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Making my own Mousekteers

Has anyone heard confirmation of the referb details or is it all heresay at this point?

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast