Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Quick Trip on 6/24

Recently I have tried to vary what we take the kids on. I know their favorites, but I try to balance it with at least one attraction we have either not been on, or not been on in a while. This evening we started our trip in DCA. I was more or less curious as to how long the line for TSMM was... 45min or so... so we headed to King Triton. I needed a couple snapshots for a thread anyways... so on we went.

One thing that has always impressed me is the amazing detail placed on the animals and the carousel itself. I complain about the decision to cover up the "guts" like the King A across the way... but aside from that it is honestly a stunning little carousel. With a minimal amount of work they could hide the majority of the guts, and really make an amazing impressions. I've always thought it would look nice with the arched covers and bubbles painted all over the ceiling!

The next choice was a bit more daring. We chose the Sunwheel. My wife is terrified of heights, and doesn't like a lot of motion, so we chose the non moving gondolas. One thing to note, the non moving ones go higher!

Also of note, if there is a wind then it gets extremely cold up there at night. The view is amazing, but next time we will bring jackets. Also the loading process takes forever, and the actual "ride time" is sadly just a little over a rotation... I wish they would do more, but then again my wife was pretty scared as it was. From now on it will likely be my son and I going on (girls didn't overly like it either.)
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Quick Trip on 6/24

That is some major cuteness!! Way to go, Skip!!

I'm sorry, what are the names of your Lil Skips??

• "I Break Things"

Our next attraction was actually accross the way. We quickly headed out of DCA before the Electric Parade in order to beat the rush. By the time we arrived in New Orleans Fantasmic was starting... so we made a quick left and went on Pirates. No pictures, but lots of fun.

After exiting I sent my wife and the kids to the Haunted Mansion fountain while I braved the crowds to get the stroller. Once reunited we thought about all going on Haunted Mansion, but the 4 year old wouldn't have it, she wanted Pooh. So we split up, I took my son on Mansion and my wife took the girls over to Pooh.

My Son LOVES Mansion... special thanks to these two CM's for posing with him. He was so excited just to be there. Both CM's played amazing characters.

• "I Break Things"

Then off to the required Pooh. I feel bad for my wife, she had already been on twice... I offered to take the girls and let her take him back to Mansion but she didn't want to split up.

Now My little Girl wanted the back seat... as it turned out we got an entire car to ourselves. Funny thing is she had a couple swigs of Gatoraide... and you can tell!

And the required self shot

After this we called it a night.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice quick report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

adorable pics of the kids!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Always love your TR, Skip!

They're so much fun and your children are adorable!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very cute TR! ^^This is an awesome shot!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Goofy

wonderful cute pictures.

Your TRs are always fun to read and so cute. But really, your kids are so adorable - it's kind of cheating. You should loan them out so the rest of us can have cute children in our pictures, as well.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by arielchica View Post
    adorable pics of the kids!
    Everyone goes on about the kids but what about the man who fathered them? He's really accomplished a lot in his time and already has 4 kids to take care of and takes them to Disneyland weekly? I remember being lucky to go to the park down the street at their age.

techskip -> techstud
    (okay, maybe that last bit was a bit much)

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

You both must get the award for the best mom and dad in the entire universe. Ok ...... maybe I exaggerate a bit. I just love reading when you write your opening paragraph that always begins with something to the effect of .........got off work tonight and took the kids to DL for the evening. Love, Love, Love it!!!! Your family is truly blessed! Thank you for making my day each time I read your TR's!
    DisneyBroad54

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I do enjoy your trip reports but I absolutely respect the parenting abilities of you and your wife. Keep up the good work (and trip reports)!

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    Everyone goes on about the kids but what about the man who fathered them? He's really accomplished a lot in his time and already has 4 kids to take care of and takes them to Disneyland weekly? I remember being lucky to go to the park down the street at their age.

techskip -> techstud
    (okay, maybe that last bit was a bit much)

Yes, I do think that the kids are adorable! I love kids and have two toddlers of my own that keep me very busy and are somewhat difficult in public, but they are toddlers so it's not that surprising. I think that Techskip is a wonderful parent to his 4 children that are all so close in age, and I admire him and his wife for taking them to Disneyland and always having such a great time! He has inspired me to take both of my kids ages 19 months and 2 years old to Disneyland with my husband which we have never done before since we thought it would be too hard. So, I will let you know how it went when we come back since we are planning on going this Sunday!! Wish us good luck!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by arielchica View Post
    Yes, I do think that the kids are adorable! I love kids and have two toddlers of my own that keep me very busy and are somewhat difficult in public, but they are toddlers so it's not that surprising. I think that Techskip is a wonderful parent to his 4 children that are all so close in age, and I admire him and his wife for taking them to Disneyland and always having such a great time! He has inspired me to take both of my kids ages 19 months and 2 years old to Disneyland with my husband which we have never done before since we thought it would be too hard. So, I will let you know how it went when we come back since we are planning on going this Sunday!! Wish us good luck!
    As usual, no promises since we are a traveling circus but we will try, I stress try, to be at the Meet. I would love to see anyone willing to join in the fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast