Single Rider @ TSM?

When does single rider lines start at TSM? I will be at DCA in early August.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Single Rider @ TSM?

It should be going by then. It seems as if the Single Rider line is based on the wait time of the main attraction, so if the line is long, they close the Single Rider line.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Everytime I walked by Midway Mania, on Sunday Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, this week, I asked if they had the single rider line open. On Wednesday morning they let me wait as a single rider. As soon as I went through the ride, I checked for the single rider line again, and they were not operating it at that time, they said they were just "testing it occasionally".

Well, SoCal AP's are blocked out tommorow till the end of July...hopefully that will impact the crowds a wee bit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    Well, SoCal AP's are blocked out tommorow till the end of July...hopefully that will impact the crowds a wee bit.
    I might just have to head down there just to take pics of the crowds and gloat.

I'm not a SoCal AP holder...if thats what you were thinking.

I was there Mon-Wed (Jun 23rd-25th) and asked everytime I was nearby. The CM's said that they're still testing it. They never used it when I was there, but it seems the perfect ride for single rider. It was a shame to see the cars take off with empty seats when everyone is waiting for an hour or more. Plus, the one time that I had someone with me, it was a lot more fun to compete.

I just checked with a TSM CM. He said that it probably won't be for a month...still too many problems with the ride vehicles.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

I was at the park yesterday and ask about the single rider line. They said they are not going to have it anymore, because it didn't work well. The CM said that many families were using that line and not "true" single riders.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Whaaaat? Oh dear...

Well, we'll see what happens in the off season.

How can many families use that line if the line has not even been opened?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    Whaaaat? Oh dear...

Well, we'll see what happens in the off season.

How can many families use that line if the line has not even been opened?
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    I was at the park yesterday and ask about the single rider line. They said they are not going to have it anymore, because it didn't work well. The CM said that many families were using that line and not "true" single riders.
    It'd be better if the groupers encouraged and helped individual riders to pair up if they didn't object. When I rode on 6-25 I waited at least 100 minutes, and rode with an empty seat that I would have gladly shared with someone to shorten their wait. But at the same time a single rider shouldn't be expected to automatically jump in with another single rider--and rightfully so.

Probably in a couple months the CMs will be more experienced with it and be able to get a faster throughput, and more post-opening jitters will have been shaken out.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Personally what does it matter if a family of 4 that doesn't mind being split up stands in the single rider line as opposed to 4 single people... Its the same thing... The objective is to fill the empty seats...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

There is a single rider line, it's just too crowded to operate right now. Single riders have the possibility of slowing down grouping for standby. Disney doesn't want to slow down the standby line, just so they can get more people through the turnstiles per hour. They'd rather the standby line go quicker, so the wait time isn't as long. In Magical Happy Land, everyone can group single riders efficiently....but we do not live in Magical Happy Land. Some people have a hard enough time grouping the regular line.

Secondly, Disney does not care who uses the single rider line. Families are encouraged to use it. You don't need to be by yourself, or pretend to be by yourself to use the single rider line. All the single rider line does is raise the hourly capacity. At the end of the day, Disney cares how many "people" experience the attraction, not who they ride with.

The real truth to the single rider line is there is no ETA. It could really happen at any time. Whenever they feel comfortable opening the single rider line, they will. Until then, everything else is just a guess.
    Last edited by Led_Zep; 06-30-2008 at 09:23 AM.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

• Master of Disaster

everytime I get in line!

(cause im single and a rider!)