Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Yes it's that time again... "What if you could change the DLR?"

I know this one gets posted a lot, but I figured with all the changes in motion, I wonder what everyone would do if they could change whatever they wanted in the Disneyland Resort... plus it would add some fun to these boards with the occasional bad news popping up here and there.

Be as general or specific as you like!

• "I Break Things"

Re: Yes it's that time again... "What if you could change the DLR?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Be as general or specific as you like!
    things would be different.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Monorail Lover

i would rip that plastic off of the mark V and replace it with shrink wrap that looks like Mark VII Orange
    Signature down for reimagineering.

• Fancy that...

there is too much for me to say to sum it up in one post on a single thread not to be negative about things...but I have a vision about how DLR would be if it was mine, and it just happens to be very different.

• Banned User

I would change tomorrowland. This is how i would change it. Put the peoplemover back up. Tear down Innoventions and put a major E ticket back there. Put the rocket jets back up on top of peoplemover track by installing new elevator. Maybe they can the elevator like time-warp or make the elevator clear. Take out the old gasoline cars in Autopia and replace them with electric cars sort of like HKDL but somehow make the cars so they look like they are levitating kinda of like the cars in BTF II. What do you think?

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by DLR_FAN View Post
    I would change tomorrowland. This is how i would change it. Put the peoplemover back up. Tear down Innoventions and put a major E ticket back there. Put the rocket jets back up on top of peoplemover track by installing new elevator. Maybe they can the elevator like time-warp or make the elevator clear. Take out the old gasoline cars in Autopia and replace them with electric cars sort of like HKDL but somehow make the cars so they look like they are levitating kinda of like the cars in BTF II. What do you think?
    that sounds great, It could use more detail is all

• ...my first visit to DL

I like it - especially getting rid of the gas-powered cars in Autopia. That thing was forward thinking for the 50s, but certainly not now. Make 'em hydrogen powered or use a technology that gives us a glimpse into what the future could be...like what Tomorrowland was supposed to be doing for us all along.

And while we're at it, right - get the Peoplemover back up, put some money into the Monorail to get it up to speed and running. I like the idea behind Innoventions, I just think the execution is poor - combine it somehow with an E-ticket ride so again, we're getting a glimpse of what the future can be. A fact-based space flight might also be interesting, a la Flight to the Moon, but that would thematically clash with Star Tours - so maybe not.

And do something with the old Motor Boat Cruise besides making it into a smoking area - some sort of water-based attraction there could be fantasy or future themed. It used to be pretty cool in the motor boats with the monorail and Peoplemover zipping overhead.

I won't mention the old parking lot

Yes, Tomorrowland would be the first to get changed. A new Star Tours movie, put Astro-Orbiter somewhere else, PeopleMovers that dispense soft drinks and snacks, some kind of Mission to Mars where you find water and life with Wall-E, redo Innovations. The building is designed to move an audience through a show, take advantage of that. (Maybe a history of all the Disney parks). Also, put the Mermaids back on the rocks in the lagoon. ( I can dream, can't I?)

• Banned User

Pretty much the way it is now but with MSEP and the Tomorrowland from say... 1982 or so.

• Minion

I want more atmosphere characters in all the lands. That's really the only major thing that I want. Sure there's other fun little bits, but I think if we had characters actually living in the lands it would make it all a little more magical.
    Last edited by MousieMagic; 07-12-2008 at 02:14 AM.

• Snow White Wannabe

I'd magically widen the walkways in Adventureland and Tomorrowland at the very least. I say magically because it's not that I want to move any of the attractions, just make it easier to move in general.

• =)

Sounds great so far! The only problem I see is with the levitation. While it's a fantastic concept, it's very hard to pull off. I mean, you can make a vehicle feel like it's floating while you're on it by implementing the expensive but effective EMV technology used in Indy. But making the vehicle look like it's floating is pretty tricky. You can use mirrors for stationary objects, but they'll get banged up if used on the moving vehicles. Short of actually making the vehicles truly levitate--a phenomenal achievement!--there ain't much we can do.

• Progressive Disneylander

* Find a way to put Mickey's PhilharMagic in Toon Town.

* Remove the manual spin on Roger Rabbit and have it automated.

* Swap out Snow White for a brand new character-themed dark ride.

* Invest in a technological upgrade for Storybookland to make it more interesting (and add a loop).

* Add a new attraction to Frontierland and nix the Big Thunder Ranch.

* Add more pirate-y goodness to Pirate's Lair.

* Build another attraction in Critter Country. (Hungry Bear might become an unfortunate casualty in the process)

* Revamp Tomorrowland...
    • Take a wrecking ball to Innoventions tomorrow.
    • Plans for a HISTA replacement would be marked as 'high priority'.
    • Closing Autopia and use the real estate for a brand new attraction.
    • Upgrade all of the animatronic dinosaurs in Primeval World.
    • Get a WALL-E attraction in the works.
    • PeopleMover would be resurrected.
    • Rockets moved back where they belong.
    • Star Tours 2.0
    • Neon, neon, neon... did I mention more neon?

• =)

Remove the manual spin on Roger Rabbit and have it automated.
    Not at all trying to criticize, KISSman--but why do you want that? Just curious. (Also, you gotta realize, with Disney's obsession interest in interactivity of late, it's not gonna happen. Then again, I guess that's why it's an appropriate suggestion to the "What if YOU could change the DLR?" thread. )

• Banned User

What about using the same technology they used for the flying saucers and the proposed Luigi's Tires.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast