Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AP Parking question

Hey All. Im getting signed into the park tomorrow, and I have paid for parking on my AP . Will I have to pay to park, even tho I have a P on my AP for parking? I realize its a blackout day...just curious. Thanks!

• Minion

Re: AP Parking question

Yes you will have to pay for parking. Since it is a black out day, the black out extends to your parking privlages too.

wow. that sucks, but Im not totally surprised. Thanks for the info!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

In the past, sometimes you could get away with it on busy days, as the CM would just glance at the "P" and not look at the type of AP.

Now, with the AP's being scanned at the register, there is no way to get around the rule. You will have to pay the $12. If you decided to upgrade your AP, you could apply the $12 fee to the higher level AP, and if you wern't signed in, the $40 for the blockout ticket. But since you are getting in on a "comp" that won't help you.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Is it summer yet???

That seems odd that you can only use the parking pass on non-blackout dates. What happens if you have a So Cal pass? Parking costs the same no matter what the pass, right?
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
    That seems odd that you can only use the parking pass on non-blackout dates. What happens if you have a So Cal pass? Parking costs the same no matter what the pass, right?
    Right.

• The line's too long...

I'm guessing one wouldn't get a discount at any of the Disney eateries within the parks too, right? But what about store discounts in Downtown Disney such as the Lego shop? Do they not give 10% discounts on blackout days?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Now, with the AP's being scanned at the register, there is no way to get around the rule. You will have to pay the $12.
    Not always. I went last week with a SoCal Select pass, blocked out, and was able to use my parking. I was with a group of friends and we knew my pass was blocked and said lets try it and see. The guy scanned it, printed the parking ticket with MY name on and sent us on through without any questions at all. We had all expected him to say my parking was blocked and were ready to hand him a different pass but didn't have to.

On this day only the SoCal Selects were blocked.

I ended up buying the blockout pass and upgrading as planned.

My advice, try it but be prepared to pay if they are enforcing the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    I'm guessing one wouldn't get a discount at any of the Disney eateries within the parks too, right? But what about store discounts in Downtown Disney such as the Lego shop? Do they not give 10% discounts on blackout days?
    Fortunately you can still get food discounts. Or at least I was able to on a blockout day last year--wasn't sure either but felt it didn't hurt to try.

• Off to Neverland

In the past, sometimes you could get away with it on busy days, as the CM would just glance at the "P" and not look at the type of AP.

Now, with the AP's being scanned at the register, there is no way to get around the rule. You will have to pay the $12. If you decided to upgrade your AP, you could apply the $12 fee to the higher level AP, and if you wern't signed in, the $40 for the blockout ticket. But since you are getting in on a "comp" that won't help you.
    Not necessarily in the past...that happened to me on Friday...there were so many cars he just half-glanced and waved me through.

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    Not necessarily in the past...that happened to me on Friday...there were so many cars he just half-glanced and waved me through.
    me too
    Last edited by zerokitty; 06-29-2008 at 12:52 PM.

• Minion

You didn't hear this from me. But my friend parks at the Parade Pier Hotel parking structure because she is "Checking" in on the days her AP is blocked out at the parking structure.
    Jeff Wayne

• Senior Minion

I actually had this happen just a couple of weeks ago. I thought that I was going to have to pay, but the CM let me in without scanning my card. It wasn't even that busy, so either some CM's are just lazy, or they'd rather not deal with guests who assume they paid for a year of parking and will get mad that they have to pay for that day.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Now 40% less bitter!

Oh, okay, I have a question! Say you buy the cheapest pass with parking and you want to upgrade to the next level or higher. Do you upgrade to the So Cal pass with parking, or do you have to pay extra for parking, again? Does that make sense?
    Oo-de-lally!

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    Oh, okay, I have a question! Say you buy the cheapest pass with parking and you want to upgrade to the next level or higher. Do you upgrade to the So Cal pass with parking, or do you have to pay extra for parking, again? Does that make sense?
    To upgrade from a SoCal Select to a SoCal pass costs $40 Parking makes no difference. If you had parking on the Select pass you'll still have it on the SoCal pass. Also, your pass expiration date remains the same as before you upgraded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast