Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Soarin' Over California Theme Song

I went on Soarin again the other day, and for some reason, this time the music really stuck with me.

I have been trying to find it online, it seems to only exist on California Adventure soundtracks, which may or may not be out of print.

Can anyone help me get this song?

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Soarin' Over California Theme Song

It's on the Official Disneyland Album.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Not to stray too off topic, but I was listening to the Sweeney Todd soundtrack the other day and realized that the instrumental sequence (not in the beginning but towards the middle) in Green Fitch And Linnet Bird would also be excellent background music for this ride too. It is really too short but it definitely could be expanded more than what is presented in the soundtrack.

• I'm not really here

I have various versions and lengths of this song, from the ride only, to the loading, ride, exit music, with or w/o sound effects from the ride. PM me and I'll send it to you when I get home from work later tonight.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

The Soarin Over California theme song was done by the awesome Jerry Goldsmith and I have it on one of the Disneyland Resort cds.

• Geoff London

Try this download:

LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR
    Last edited by moderator; 06-30-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Senior Minion

Has anyone ever noticed how much it sounds like the sountrack to that Michael Douglas movie American President?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Seasick

One of the best pieces of music in all the Disney parks.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Has anyone ever noticed how much it sounds like the sountrack to that Michael Douglas movie American President?
    Music from that movie (and others) is used in the queue for the ride. Took us a few rides in a row to figure out that one was in the list.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

The song for Soarin' is also on the Disneyland: Remember The Moments 2nd CD.

Here is a video of mine of the soundtrack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=XwTKpPrIcsM
    Power Levels At Maximum *BEEP* Locking Launch Cordinates

RCT3 Universal Web Site v
    http://www.freewebs.com/mattatt14
    The world was built on Imagination

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Music from that movie (and others) is used in the queue for the ride. Took us a few rides in a row to figure out that one was in the list.
    So it actually is the same song, interesting. I noticed it when my sister was watching that movie and always thought it just sounded very simmilar, thanks for the info.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    So it actually is the same song, interesting. I noticed it when my sister was watching that movie and always thought it just sounded very simmilar, thanks for the info.
    No, the song used during the ride itself is originally scored for the attraction. The music you're talking about is used in the queue.

• =)

It truly is a marvelous piece, isn't it? Jerry Goldsmith's original piece for the attraction itself, I mean. It's built mostly from just two melodic ideas--an awesome fanfare and a beautiful melody that literally soars--but it never gets tired throughout all 4 minutes and 44 seconds. It's the only case of truly, exceptionally, quintessentially, amazingly effective original scoring for a Disney attraction on the west coast in the last few decades (aside from Michael Giacchino's 2005 version of Space Mountain), at least that I can think of.

On a side note, aenobarbe, let me know if it's okay for me to correct you on a small technicality. I've learned the hard way that correcting people about...well, just about anything online is a potentially dangerous idea. I apologize if you're one of the ones who're less sensitive to that, but I figured I'd ask permission first.

• Senior Minion

Luke-
    I know it's in the queue, I had just always figured it was a different, but very simmilar sounding song to the movie, not the same song.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast