• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Thoughts about the Dream Home

Innoventions has had some lackluster times. Refreshing new forms of technology is something that has to be done often, which has always been a bit problematic with Tomorrowland.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure to "officially" be part of the first group to experience the Dream Home. I am happy to say that I was pleased with what I saw and experienced.

First of all, it's quite beautiful, and it can easily be tailored to fit any individual's idea of beauty. The technology is pretty cool and the gadgets are nifty. There is a lot to see and experience in the home, and everywhere you go, there is a very nice member of the Elias family that makes your stay even more enjoyable. While Disney has been working against the clock to make this thing come together, only one section seemed to be covered up with a curtain. Out of everything I saw, my favorite room was probably the kitchen.

Honestly, the only bad things about this place (in my opinion), are that basically everyone will say, "I want that!" (but probably will never be able to afford such luxuries), and that these dream homes are certainly energy suckers without much love for things like real paintings or things that a human can create with their hands. But none of that surprises me. The place is just so cool, I honestly had a hard time pulling myself away from it and enjoying the rest of the park.

Technology speeds up so fast, I do wonder how much life this place will have, though the area is planned for something much bigger for Tomorrowland in the near future. Truth be told, walking out of there I was of the opinion that I'll never be able to afford any of the things I saw (unless I somehow miraculously strike it rich). Until things get cleared away for whatever Tony Baxter has up his sleeves, Innoventions has had a new, fresh breath of life put into it, and I highly recommend that everyone try to go experience it.

• Banned User

Re: Thoughts about the Dream Home

So wait, does this mean it's now officially open to all guests?

• Banned User

There was a soft opening on sunday morning. At least that was the plan on Saturday. It was still in test and adjust mode. Does anyone know if the soft opening will continue this week?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The way it was handled, it seemed to officially be open, but they didn't continuously let people go in throughout the day, either.

• Defying gravity

I'm only speaking from pictures, but the Dream Home looks really nice and similar to something already in Innoventions at Epcot. I really feel that Innoventions has nothing to lose, as it is deserted most of the time. This seems like a nice addition that I look forward to seeing in person.