• "I Break Things"

An Opportunity for Adventure

This has been tossed around a lot on here, just not recently. However with the recent news about WDW I thought I would bring it back up. WDW is closing it's Adventurer's Club... personally I would love for it to be moved in whole or in part to Disneyland. I know many discussed placing it in DTD, but I honestly feel it belongs in Adventureland. To be more specific, Aladdin was moved out, Indy is temporary, so they have an actual shot of putting this in if they really wanted to. I would have to say no to the alcohol, and hopefully ensure the show is kid friendly. Before I had mentioned improv, having 2 specific characters (butler and maid?) and 2 characters that would use props to explain their adventures, all the while heckling their counterpart and questioning their exploits right down to the details. With no set script, only a set time (show is x minutes long) I think this could be HYSTERICAL and breathe new life into Adventureland once Indy is gone.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Pirate for life

Re: An Opportunity for Adventure

The idea sounds great. I would switch the butler and maid with maybe people that would have been on a ship/boat with them but not gone on the adventure itself. You had talked a while back about the characters of Adventureland. Why not utilize the cook and possibly a reporter. Think of it as taking the crew from King Kong and making it kid friendly. Just an idea....

• Mrs. J. Depp

Do you picture this being completely indoors? There would have to be lots of modifications. Is there room for that? I like the idea, but wonder if it really would do better in DTD.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Do you picture this being completely indoors? There would have to be lots of modifications. Is there room for that? I like the idea, but wonder if it really would do better in DTD.
    Outdoors, using the existing Aladdin structure. Various souvenirs could be placed in the covered areas allowing for them to be "weather proof". This would further cut down on any modification costs. As to "will it fit?" yes, at least a smaller version of it.

Aladdin will be returning at the end of summer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

One of the unique features of the Adventurer's Club are the various intimate rooms withing the club. With the various "shows" in different rooms. It makes it a more personal experience. Also, the staircase that circles down into the club gives this Club something special. Quite frankly, I don't mind them serving alcohol in the AC,
    it's appropriate for this type of entertainment, and it's part of what makes the AC profitable. Having it inside, away from the weather means being able to control the shows more completely. I'm not sure if they could work something like this into part of the ToT, in the Hollywood section of DCA. The Aladdin's Oasis area just doesn't allow for the intrique of going downstair, multi level building, and with no alcohol it just wouldn't work as well.

Downtown Disney would just give the best access, and if they wanted to charge an entrance fee, they could do that, or they could just leave it open for the general public to enjoy as part of DTD! I really don't think WDW took advantage of the numerous merchandise possibilities of the Adventurers Club! And that is something that would need to be capitalized on! Plus being in DTD, it could set its own hours, separate from either park. And it would be a place that should be open later than Disneyland, anyway.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

This can only happen if I'm in it.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    One of the unique features of the Adventurer's Club are the various intimate rooms withing the club. With the various "shows" in different rooms. It makes it a more personal experience. Also, the staircase that circles down into the club gives this Club something special. Quite frankly, I don't mind them serving alcohol in the AC,
    it's appropriate for this type of entertainment, and it's part of what makes the AC profitable. Having it inside, away from the weather means being able to control the shows more completely. I'm not sure if they could work something like this into part of the ToT, in the Hollywood section of DCA. The Aladdin's Oasis area just doesn't allow for the intrique of going downstair, multi level building, and with no alcohol it just wouldn't work as well.
    This is where having a clone would actually be a bad thing. My thought would be to add various AA souvenirs and stages throughout the Oasis, which would allow a performance from just about anywhere... think of it like an updated Tiki Room only a random show instead of a choreographed one. So the combination of AA's, and actual live acting would prove to be interesting. If Disney was really on the ball then they would have a voice over ability so the AA's (via a backstage CM) would also be able to heckle the performer.

As a former Jungle Skip and a guy who loves Standup (both in the audience and being on stage) Improv is by far the best show... not having a script would be to their benefit.