Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disney Pinapple Princess

Re: Facing fears at Disneyland..

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy View Post
    Now when I get back home and open that Visa bill a few weeks later, that's fear.
    that, or when you get home and ballance the check book.

This one's probably the silliest... I am afraid of audio-animatronics.
    Not Silly at all. I blame Chuck-E-Cheese for my fear of AAs. I hate going on splash mountain because of it.

On matterhorn I Always have my eyes closed during the Yetti because he is so scary.

Most dark rides are too scary for me. I can do peter pan but NOT Pinocchio or snow white. Mr toad is Freakiest during the Hell scene.

Gives me shivers just thinking about it....eek
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aurora1729 View Post

Most dark rides are too scary for me. I can do peter pan but NOT Pinocchio or snow white. Mr toad is Freakiest during the Hell scene.

Gives me shivers just thinking about it....eek
    I think this is the part that freaked me out the most when I rode it last month.. maybe that's the part that scared me too as a child..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Circle of Ancients

I remember I wouldn't ride Space Mtn., Matterhorn or Big Thunder until I was like 11 or 12.

Considering both of my kids rode Matterhorn at 3, and were riding Space and Big Thunder by 5 and CA Screamin' by 7 ... sounds kind of silly now that I think about it.

My son just conquered his last "Disneyland fear" at the age of 10 and went on Maliboomer. And loved it.

• Off to Neverland

I'm still terrified of mr. toad, snow white, and pinocchio... they're just really scary to me! i need someone to hold my hand wen i ride them.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yes... Before Disneyland I was scared to ride rollercoasters.

And the first time I rode Indy I was TERRIFIED. I cried and screamed and almost had a panic attack. It was horrible.

The more I went to DL the braver I became and eventually I started riding roller coasters - I figured out that I liked seeing the track so I started with Big Thunder and worked my way through the others (Rockin Space Mtn helped A LOT!!)

It got to the point where I'd ride every ride in both parks but I still wouldn't ride Indy. Then I was going to move out of CA, and I knew before I had to go I had to screw up my courage and ride it.So, i did, with the help of my new husband. And it was SCARY and I screamed but it was better than I remembered.

Disneyland has helped me gain a lot more confidence in many areas of life.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I got over my Haunted Mansion fear in my very first trip to DL. Now I still have to get over my Splash/Space Mountain fears in my next trip.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Future Imagineer

I can remember the first time I went on Indy, I was so scared of it that I had my coat over my head the whole time! I was so terrified that when I finally came back into the station, I didn't believe my parents when they said it was all over, I was NOT going to take that coat off of my head.

Fortunately, a couple years later I was back at Disneyland and I went on Indy again, and I almost did the coat thing, but my mom wouldn't let me. Good thing too, cause it was the most awesome ride of my life...at the time.
    Electric Shadow Productions

Creator of fine videos since 2009!

Click here to watch and enjoy!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have a lot of fears, so I would never force anyone else to ride a ride that they were afraid of.

• How quaint...

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    I'm still terrified of mr. toad, snow white, and pinocchio... they're just really scary to me! i need someone to hold my hand wen i ride them.
    BINGO!

These 3 rides terrified me as a child.

It's my dad's fault I was so afraid of Mr. Toad. He was trying to make the ride more FUN (Ha!), by pretending I was really driving. When I got to the part of the train, and I was unable to turn the car away, I screamed, threw my face in his lap, and began sobbing. I still remember coming out of there, crying hysterically -- and my dad laughing hysterically.

As for Snow White, I loved it -- in the beginning. You're in the house with Snow White with the dwarves and animals, and everything is happy. Then you go outside and BAM! Terror until the end. This time, my head was in my mom's lap, crying hysterically.

I couldn't remember what it was about Pinnochio that scared me. So, as an adult I got on the ride just last year with a friend. At the end, when the whale lunged for us, it all came back to me.....

So, I think that now I was over my childhood trauma, right?
    Well, I went to the park just last night with a friend. I had NEVER noticed that the queen is in the window above the castle. When I finally saw her, I freaked out, screamed "Holy crap!", and ran away.

Sad, it'n it?

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent7 View Post
    BINGO!

As for Snow White, I loved it -- in the beginning. You're in the house with Snow White with the dwarves and animals, and everything is happy. Then you go outside and BAM! Terror until the end. This time, my head was in my mom's lap, crying hysterically.
    Just a few weeks ago two 13 year olds that are ok with big rides (well one of them refuses to go on haunted mansion, but thats a different story) got freaked out by snow white. They left wondering how little kids go on that ride.

(I'm not talking about my friend and I...course not....XD)

• Off to Neverland

ok...reading further on I can relate even more...

I was afraid on Indy when I was little...but I still loved going on it...I would go on with my sister and b squeezing her hand the entire time...when she got a ring...i killed her hand. HAHAHA It was that last room mostly that freaked me out...with the shooting arrows.
    Same goes for Splash...I would only go on it with my sister and she had 2 be squeezing me tightly when we went down the drop.

Also...Cali Screamin was my first up-side-down roller coaster

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

My friend Jenny is scared of loop-dee-loop roller coasters and she finally went on California Screamin'. It took a couple times for her to actually enjoy the ride after that though. Oh, and she absolutely hates ToT just because she doesn't like the feeling of her stomach coming up. Understandable, but I love that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora1729 View Post
    Not Silly at all. I blame Chuck-E-Cheese for my fear of AAs.
    Same here, even thinking of the memories gives me the creeps.
    Last edited by MickeyM; 07-04-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: grammer

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson was afraid of the character at Chuckie Cheese when he was 3. We were going to Disney World, when he was 4, so I just told him that those characters were people acting in costumes, like on Halloween. He was fine with that. He had a great time with characters on that first Disney vacation.

He got scared when a guest ran out of Haunted Mansion crying. So we didn't force him. That happened when he was 10. It was a few trips after that when he finally rode Haunted Mansion, and now he loves it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    • BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN: After I got injured on the Screamin' coaster, I was always nervous about Big Thunder Mountain but after aashee 'demanded' I got on it...I rode it and now it is my FAVORITE ride in the park.
    • MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS: I was always scared of the Yeti and hadn't been on it for 10 years or so and then I recently decided to face my fears and now it is one of my favorites as well.
    • STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS: I use to be scared of going through the whale but now I'm over it LOL.
    • SPLASH MOUNTAIN: Until a few years ago I was terrified of this ride because of the large drop at the end but now I find it extremely fun.
    • PIRATES OF THE CARRABIEN: The darkness in the ride use to scare me when I was 5 or 6.
    • HAUNTED MANSION: Well, I'm still slightly disturbed by the hanging person in the streching room.

Believe me...I could go on for hours
    I'm still scared of any rides that have lift hills that make the clicking noise, I'm always sure we are going to fall backwards
    Injured on screamin'? Tell me more please? Was it on the day when both of the cars crashed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast