Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• photoshowstudio.com

How to make Disneyland MORE special

I have viewed a lot of discussions/posts, and I know you all have the inside scoop on how to maxamize our upcoming Disneyland vacation.

First, we've been there before with our kids, but this time the kidies are staying home and we are gonna visit for my wife's 30th anniversary. We are going with her two best friends and I want to make this as special for her as possible, while not spending a ton because we don't have a lot of money.

Here's what I have so far..and please tell me if I am missing something I should be doing. I have reserved priority seating for the Blue Bayou one night. I know about getting the Birthday button/sticker. Are they using stickers now??? I also have reserved priority seating at the Wine Country Trattoria at DCA for a time shortly before the Electrical Light Parade.

I am going between July 14th and the 18th on a three day park-hopper. If i am missing something that can truely make this special for my wife...please let me know. You all have a chance to really turn me into a "Prince" Please help!

• Cake Anyone?

Re: How to make Disneyland MORE special

Okay I now this excites me but I am a little crazy about collecting 'ears' and right now you can make your own ears in the Gag Factory back in Toon Town.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Cake Anyone?

Almost forgot, if you ask the CM's at Storybook Land they will let you ride one of the boats alone and if you are lucky they will do it so you are on the boat during the fireworks...would be a nice place to ask your wife to marry you again....

• =)

Mmm, I don't have many specific, complicated, special recommendations--you've already reserved seats at the Blue Bayou, which is the biggest one I'd suggest. I will, however, suggest an attitude that can make more difference than lots of little side activities. Go in with some ideas of what you want to do (especially since you're getting a rare chance to explore without the kiddies), but do NOT stress if some of those things don't work out. Be totally happy-go-lucky and roll with the punches and don't sweat the small stuff. Commit to relaxedly enjoying every moment of the day, no matter where you are, especially because you'll be there for three days. Ride attractions, take photos, laugh, don't forget to stay well-fed and hydrated, and take breaks when necessary. The railroad, Pirates, and the Haunted Mansion are some good attractions that don't have long lines yet give you plenty of time to rest your feet. You'll even get air conditioning on POTC and HM, and the train gets you moving through fresh air, anyways.

But yeah...DO NOT STRESS. Or else.

Have a great trip!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Enjoy your time together... hold hands walking through the park... take pictures of her... Hold her close while riding Haunted Mansion... make silly faces at the camera in Space Mountain...

Take is chill and enjoy your time together. That alone can make all the difference in the world. Have a wonderful trip!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    Almost forgot, if you ask the CM's at Storybook Land they will let you ride one of the boats alone and if you are lucky they will do it so you are on the boat during the fireworks...would be a nice place to ask your wife to marry you again....
    Awwwwww! This is so sweet.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Snow White Wannabe

You could buy the 'bride' and 'groom' Mickey ears to wear around the park together. (I don't think they have a version specifically for anniversaries but that would be close enough.)

And if you're staying on property, tell the front desk - they'll usually arrange for something special like an autographed photo card from your favorite character.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Photoshowstudio View Post
    I know about getting the Birthday button/sticker. Are they using stickers now???
    I was there last week and the pins are still in effect, I guess they switch to stickers when they run out for the day so get it when you first get there.

Oh and make sure you view the fireworks from the hub (spot between lands, in front of castle), its the best place to experience everything it has to offer.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

I have a question about the Buttons. They have ones for First Time visits right? I'm going in two weeks and my friend hasn't been to Disneyland since he was 5 and I want to make it a special trip for him. Is it something I need to go to City Hall to get?

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by tuxhero View Post
    I have a question about the Buttons. They have ones for First Time visits right? I'm going in two weeks and my friend hasn't been to Disneyland since he was 5 and I want to make it a special trip for him. Is it something I need to go to City Hall to get?
    Yes, you can get it at City Hall.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

You're going to be there for 3 days, that's a solid amount of time. So take Datameister's advice and don't stress, you've got plenty of time to everything.

I suggest grabbing coffee and dessert or ice cream or your favorite snack and sit on the bench on the stoop on Main Street, or at a table near the walkway outside of the Golden Horseshoe. It's something my wife and I like to do, just eat something good while sitting and relaxing for a while. And at the same time you get entertainment by watching all of the interesting folks walking around.

I know you'll have friends with you, but don't forget that all of the Cast Members with cameras will take your picture using your own camera as well. Get lots of pictures.

Get excited about things the way your kids would, or the way you did when you were a kid, it's contagious.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    Wow, that sounds neat! Do you mean, it's just you (with or without a friend) along with the CM "driving" -- or do they just let you set sail by yourself? I can't believe they'd let you do that; is that only when there's not much of a line? (it always seem to be at least a half-hour wait when I'm there).

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Wow, that sounds neat! Do you mean, it's just you (with or without a friend) along with the CM "driving" -- or do they just let you set sail by yourself? I can't believe they'd let you do that; is that only when there's not much of a line? (it always seem to be at least a half-hour wait when I'm there).
    LOL, wow and I thought I was a 'literal' person. Yes, it is you and a CM who will drive/steer the boat.

Once I watched a couple waiting on the sidelines for about 1/2 an hour and then right before the fireworks started they were put on a boat with a CM and took off. Once they were out of hearing range one of the CM's told us that he was going to propose during the fireworks. We weren't there when they came back but heard that she had said yes.

• Rock Star Minion

You will be there for DL's birthday, too.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Boat shoes all day long

Here are some ways I make my Disneyland trips as excellent as possible:

- Spend a couple extra bucks, stay in a fun hotel

- Bring your favorite Sock Monkey

- Answer guests questions if they are confused, but don't butt into their conversations with, "Did you know..." type comments. They probably didn't know, but they also don't care.

- Wear deodorant, it may sound simple, but there are a lot of people out there that don't.

- When you first get through the gates, look behind you for someone who has been turned away (reasons are not important) and give them a little wink. Even though they can't get in the park, at least they know someone is thinking about them.

- Pick at the faux-stone facades.

- Take pictures of grouchy people to show to your friends when you get home. Video footage is even better if you can get it.

- Walk on those toes, your calves aren't going to work themselves!

- Don't go to the Lost Bar, it is for old people.

- If you are on a ride, involved in an attraction, viewing a play or performance, or just eating a chocolate covered banana, and get that urge to just smile because Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth, do it!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast