• Hide and Seek with Anna

Disneyland characters that when over there roll [go out of their way for a guest]

Send my topic of what funny thing a Character has done to you is so good right now I have a new one. What is the best monent u have seen a character do that you never would thing they do to a guest that would be a live time to remember. For me it would have to be The Queen. It was last year when this happen. I was in line of chours to see her but before it was my turn there was 2 little girls (not at the same time.) that was very scare of the Queen. He come the nice part to this story. So The Queen got down to there leavel of hight and was starting to talk to them in a very nice and sweet voice. I couldn't really hear what she was telling these two little girls but what ever she was telling them it may the little girls more happyer about it that both these girls gave The Queen a big hug. I would say these girls are about 3 or 4 years old. So what is your stories of what Characters have gone out of there way.

• Disneymom

Re: Disneyland characters that when over there roll

when my daughter was 5 she got hearing aids and was learning sign language. Well she only had the hearing aid a few weeks and was really shy about them. When we got in the park and saw Cinderella we had to go right to her first. We waited in line and when it was our turn Cinderella got down to her level and noticing the hearing aids, she atarted to sign language to her. My little one was so surprised that Cinderella knew sign language. She was thrilled and so was I that Cinderella showed her that it wasn't something to be embarrased about. My daughter was shy about using sign language but knowing that Cinderella used it to made it all easier. Cinderella told her to continue using it and learning more so that when we came back she could sign with her. Now that is a memory that makes me cry now thinking about it. I cried then and now. BTW the sign for Cinderella is to make a C with your hand and circle it in front of your face. My daughter makes a M and circles it in front of her face for her name, Mandy. Just like Cinderella.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

lou_mom: What a great story. Thanks for sharing! What a blessing in your lives to have a Cinderella who knew sign language!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

lou_mom, you made ME cry too!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

That is so sweet. Have u seen that Cinderella again when you've gone back.

• Another part of me

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    when my daughter was 5 she got hearing aids and was learning sign language. Well she only had the hearing aid a few weeks and was really shy about them. When we got in the park and saw Cinderella we had to go right to her first. We waited in line and when it was our turn Cinderella got down to her level and noticing the hearing aids, she atarted to sign language to her. My little one was so surprised that Cinderella knew sign language. She was thrilled and so was I that Cinderella showed her that it wasn't something to be embarrased about. My daughter was shy about using sign language but knowing that Cinderella used it to made it all easier. Cinderella told her to continue using it and learning more so that when we came back she could sign with her. Now that is a memory that makes me cry now thinking about it. I cried then and now. BTW the sign for Cinderella is to make a C with your hand and circle it in front of your face. My daughter makes a M and circles it in front of her face for her name, Mandy. Just like Cinderella.
    *Tear* what a beautiful story!

• Off to Neverland

Re: Disneyland characters that when over there roll [go out of their way for a guest]

that's sooo awesome!

• Wishing

Re: Disneyland characters that when over there roll [go out of their way for a guest]

Lou_mom, that is such a sweet story, thank you for sharing!
    I've seen a lot of wonderful interactions between people and characters. It's often the little things that make me smile. A mom and daughter (probably 3 or 4) were going through the Princess Fantasy Faire ahead of my friend and I and after the first princess, the mom's camera died. And the little girl's favorite princess was next. Cinderella spent time with the girl before they were ushered to their next location and while my friend was talking to Cinderella (also her favorite princess) the mother asked if I would mind taking a picture of her daughter with Aurora then emailing it to her, hearing this Cinderella insisted the little girl come back and take a picture with her as well.
    It wasn't major, but that she had heard the exchange and invited the little girl to spend more time for a picture was very touching for me to get to see how excited the girl was. I don't know if the family every recieved the pictures I sent, but I hope they did, it certainly changed a lot for me that trip.
    Most often found at a theme park

Hope they got the Photo pass pictures to that would been so nice.

• Disneymom

I think that anything that puts a smile on a child's face and makes a child's experience that much better is worth all the effort you can give.