• Diva Extrodinaire

Fantasmic-New Scenes

I know they are renovating the show, but are there any chances of updating the story itself? Personally, they need more princesses (on land?) and villains and the plots for Dumbo and Pinnochio are out of date. Any ideas?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Re: Fantasmic-New Scenes

Nope. Same story and timeline. Just watch Florida's dragged out version and you'll see why ours is superior.

• Banned User

I highly doubt there would be any new scenes.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Dumbo and Pinnochio aren't that much more outdated than when the attraction opened. Besides, they're Disney classics!
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Pirate for life

I personally see both scenes as fitting even for today. It is a nightmare...it doesn't need to be relevant to what you see on tv now to be "scary". And like Mrfantasmic said, watch florida's and appreciate the beauty we have

• Diva Extrodinaire

I've seen it in Florida, but I just feel like films like The Little Mermaid and Hunchback Of Notre Dame are not represented in Disneyland enough.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I doubt they'll add new scenes. They would have to chance the soundtrack for one. Plus DL's F! has such a nice time flow.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    I've seen it in Florida, but I just feel like films like The Little Mermaid and Hunchback Of Notre Dame are not represented in Disneyland enough.
    The Little Mermaid will be, & Hunchback doesn't need to be.

• :)

Watch FL's Fan! and than say that we need more scenes, or an actual elaborated storyline ;-)

• Hide and Seek with Anna

I have never been to WDW but I have seen it on you tube and I like ares 100% better then WDW. So I don't think they need to change it. Beside I like the Dumbo part to the story. To me it is a tease of a nightmare about to become in Mickey's dreams.

The Little Mermaid is actually represented during the princess floats (along with Snow White and Beauty and the Beast) unless they've changed it since early June. If they're going to add more princess stuff, they don't need to overrepresent Ariel.

I know they are renovating the show, but are there any chances of updating the story itself? Personally, they need more princesses (on land?) and villains and the plots for Dumbo and Pinnochio are out of date. Any ideas?
    Well, if you're referring to how old the films are, then Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are pretty outdated themselves. But kids still watch them and still like them. My little sister loved Dumbo as a kid (within the past 5-10 years). As for princesses...well, there are three featured prominently, which seems like plenty. The star of the show is Mickey, after all, not princesses (for a change.)

And with villains, there are definitely enough. They added more villains to the WDW version and it honestly struck me as pretty ridiculous the first time I saw it. In the end showdown, there's like a dozen shots of various villians throwing back their heads and laughing, then Mickey zaps one of them and it's back to the rogues gallery for another dozen shots of "NOOOOOO!"

It's my least favourite aspect of the Florida version - it feels like a gimmick.

As for Hunchback and Mermaid - Mermaid is represented as well as any other film. Ariel features on one of the princess barges, and Ursula (even sans float) is definitely a major villain. Hunchback isn't, it's true, but it's a much less successful and popular film. There's a lot of films I'd rather see before Hunchback - Alice, maybe. You could do lots of fun FX type junk with Alice. But I think the plot is fine the way it is.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

glad F! is getting an update, and glad even still that the story line isnt changing

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?