Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Banned User

Re: In Disneyland on the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    no, once they are placed in cannon, and not used, they must be disposed of.
    Ah ok... Didn't know that. Fireworks aren't my specialty!

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by babyfishmouth View Post
    Thanks for your thanks, Mighty M. I just wanted to come back to say that there were plenty of very nice guests who thanked me for being there as they were shuffling past with the crowd. It really made a difference in my mood and gave me a second wind. So thank you, Nice Folks, for being so patient. If you've never thanked a CM when you've had the urge to do so, please do it. We appreciate hearing from you.
    Well put. I had so many guest thanking me for doing my job. It really helps alot to know that guest do care about us CM's.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    I'm in line for house of the future. The building is rotating?
    It's the old carousel theatre (which housed Carousel of Progress before it moved to Florida, and America Sings), so yes, it rotates still, which makes me happy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    It's the old carousel theatre (which housed Carousel of Progress before it moved to Florida, and America Sings), so yes, it rotates still, which makes me happy.
    But very slowly. Once every 17 minutes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

So....here's what I'm wondering. Is it ALL of the shells that will cause a safety hazard if the winds are up, or are there certain types or locations that are more problematic than others? I think that the fourth and New Years are such big deals that I'm wondering if they couldn't have a plan b ready in case the winds, which seem far more frequent this year, kick up. Other parks and stadiums can have displays without a problem with a typical breeze coming in off of the ocean, but it seems that Disneyland's window of opportunity is becoming increasingly smaller. Couldn't they plan to have a "B" show with shells not quite as high or more centered over the castle?

I'm just blowing smoke here as I know nothing about the safety factors involved, but what a bummer. How many Fourth of July's in the past have they had to pull the plug on a show? And have they become MORE likely to be cancelled after Toontown and the parking structure went in? Did Walt have to cancel them due to winds years ago, or did the show just go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    So....here's what I'm wondering. Is it ALL of the shells that will cause a safety hazard if the winds are up, or are there certain types or locations that are more problematic than others? I think that the fourth and New Years are such big deals that I'm wondering if they couldn't have a plan b ready in case the winds, which seem far more frequent this year, kick up. Other parks and stadiums can have displays without a problem with a typical breeze coming in off of the ocean, but it seems that Disneyland's window of opportunity is becoming increasingly smaller. Couldn't they plan to have a "B" show with shells not quite as high or more centered over the castle?

I'm just blowing smoke here as I know nothing about the safety factors involved, but what a bummer. How many Fourth of July's in the past have they had to pull the plug on a show? And have they become MORE likely to be cancelled after Toontown and the parking structure went in? Did Walt have to cancel them due to winds years ago, or did the show just go on?
    It wasnt just the slight breezy winds that caused the show to be stopped. And the city has a lot more say in how things are done these days then back in Walt's day. Toontown and the structure play very little in whether the show gets cancelled. Toontown is closed and the structure is actually pretty far from the launchsite. The 5 freeway on the other hand is a much different story.

• Animatronic

I was there, they did announce beforehand that the show might be modified due to weather conditions.

I didn't pay much attention to the actual fireworks show though, aside from what I could see while going down the Splash Mountain drop. It's rare for Splash Mountain to be Walk-on on a very hot night.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    ouldn't they plan to have a "B" show with shells not quite as high or more centered over the castle?
    There is lower pyro (the ones launched from inside of the park, which were used on New Years despite the weather), but the goal was to send off the intended show rather than put on something very disappointing. Despite dealing with the backlash at City Hall, I'm glad that they attempted the show - from my understanding, all that was left was the finale. I think guests would have been even less satisfied if they had just shot off the lower pyro.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePrincess1230 View Post
    from my understanding, all that was left was the finale.
    Wow. So prior to the show going 101, it lasted about 10-15 minutes. A 5-10 minute finale would have been awesome to see!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

This was the kind of roaring finale I was hoping to see this year. From 2006:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=RL1PzoGnUvs
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Showus your Larboard side

Can you say overload. Might have been the video but that was intense. Could see nothing but one big ball of light. Probably had to be there.

Mike

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789