Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

Disneyland Resort turning into Pixarland Resort

Ok, so we all know that the Disneyland Resort has gotten too many clones/cheapy rides based on Pixar movies. But when was the last time they made an ride based on a Disney movie? Better yet, whats so futuristic about a generic space TOY and a lost fish?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Ok, so we all know that the Disneyland Resort has gotten too many clones/cheapy rides based on Pixar movies. But when was the last time they made an ride based on a Disney movie? Better yet, whats so futuristic about a generic space TOY and a lost fish?
    the space thing is kind of futuristc. It's not like we have space rangers now. Maybe they will be there in the future, but the nemo ride??? I have no idea..*sigh*

• wasting time

whats so futuristic about a generic space TOY and a lost fish?
    In the future, those Pixar films will be making more money for Disney

Seriously though, the company wants to theme it's new park rides to movies and Disney's latest batch of feature length animated films suck.

I don't like the way things are going either.

• Rawr...

too many? I can think of two. Buzz astro blasters and nemo.... and whay not have a ride thats NOT based on a movie? (A'la Big Thunder, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise) Those seem to be the most popular.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    too many? I can think of two. Buzz astro blasters and nemo....
    There's an Incredibles attraction being developed, supposedly construction of a Monsters Inc ride has already begun (quietly) inside the former SuperStar Limo building, and there's still talks about retheming the autopia to Cars.

• Minion

I'm not going to lie to you... an Incredibles attraction says WAY cool to me...

However, I'm not too thrilled about the finding nemo in the lagoon attraction... Monsters Inc. is ok, since Superstar Limo is a dud. And as far as the Buzz lightyear ride goes, I got on an attraction similar to that at Castle Park in which you shoot ghost with a laser and accumulate points. It was a lot of fun, and everytime you go, you have a goal to beat!

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    In the future, those Pixar films will be making more money for Disney

Seriously though, the company wants to theme it's new park rides to movies and Disney's latest batch of feature length animated films suck.

I don't like the way things are going either.
    Renaming Autopia?

Oh boy...

what clones have we gotten on rides as far as pixar goes :confused: only one?

the generic space toy is being presented in a different fashion that fits a space port themed sci fi future however the ride isn't that cheapy if you ask me (at least not from what I've seen, it looks like a fun Dticket, lets not forget how awsome Roger Rabbit is)

Nemo, I dunno there I suppose he's the only character modern enough to fit in with the submarines I don't necessarily like the use of the character or how it matches the theme(unless they do the discoverland idea that I've been pitching ) but I doubt it will be cheap it'll be an Eticket

and actualy I've heard there is actualy a Cars ride being pushed for DCA that would use the Test Track ride system (wereas Jim Hill's eticket idea is more new and I suppose they're both in the running)

the good news is that it'll probably end once the Disney/pixar deal ends

I don't MIND the character rides but I do think that the more classic Disney movies need rides too (Little Mermaid, Alladin and Lion King)

actualy I'm not worried about Disneyland becoming Pixarland as much as I am DCA becoming Disney's Character Adventures

• Rock Star Minion

I think Disney is trying to show what kind of synergy is available for future Pixar films. That throwing away the partnership will result in lower overall profits for future films. And a lower shelf life (i.e., a lot less than forever).

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

My honest opinion..Disney has lost most of its creative ideas. It is now basing rides off of revenues, money , cash flow, where ever the money is at base a ride off that.. Which sadly is off of another companys creative idea i.e .nemo,toy story, incredibles and so forth. oh well maybe an area will eb called pixarland. cuz looks like thats the "tommorow" for the land.. :confused:
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Reaver of Souls

I hate the Nemo idea myself. I loved the subs, and updating the show with modern technogoly would have been far cooler than this Nemo stuff... I remember the rumour of changing it to cooincide with the release of Atlantis, which I thought was a better idea than Nemo... Even the oooold rumour of a Little Mermaid theme would be better than Nemo... Of course, I didn't like the movie Finding Nemo, so I may be biased...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I hate the Nemo idea myself. I loved the subs, and updating the show with modern technogoly would have been far cooler than this Nemo stuff... I remember the rumour of changing it to cooincide with the release of Atlantis, which I thought was a better idea than Nemo... Even the oooold rumour of a Little Mermaid theme would be better than Nemo... Of course, I didn't like the movie Finding Nemo, so I may be biased...
    Isn't anything better then a poor rotting lagoon with no attraction? I'd say so

• Reaver of Souls

I agree! Unless it is meant to be a science ride on the decomposition of unused objects while submerged....

• With my wife....

Disney's next big film: "Chicken Little" done in really crappy CGI, nothing like Pixar quality.

Let's just hope it doesn't somehow find its way into the park!!!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Reaver of Souls

If it does, his warning of "The sky is falling!" will be sadly appropriate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast