Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dark Side Full

From my understanding, the stateside American Disney parks all have wait boards in prominent areas as a courtesy to their Guests.

Disney's California Adventure had a wait board accompanied by a Guest Relations cast member near the entrance to Paradise Pier and across from Golden Dreams. The board itself was nothing fancy, nor was it permanent as its counterpart in Disneyland. It looked like an ol' fashioned chalkboard on wheels, with the typical signage.

I recall using the actual board, and flirting with the cast members, on several visits during the first three years of its operation.

Do the managers feel wait times do not have to be posted given the low attendance? How 'bout performance times for shows and parades? Is that what the show schedule included in the souvenir map is for?

EPCOT has a nifty electronic wait board. Disney's Hollywood Studios has one with an updated park logo.

Disney's California Adventure, wha' happened?

*By the way, did anyone catch that the soundtrack used for Disneyland's Fourth of July fireworks display was the same used by Florida's Magic Kingdom's Fourth of July fireworks show as well? Same music, same year, different parks.

*The Fourth of July fireworks display music was featured in the esplanade area, but in a much lower volume. Yet, the music regularly featured is blasted at maximum level. Why for?

*Also, I enjoy seeing both gay men and lesbian women holding hands and kissing passionately in The Disneyland Resort. Love should not be confined to, and defined only for opposite genders.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: Wha' happened to Disney's California Adventure's wait board?

DCA had a wait time board? Never saw it...
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Banned User

I'm betting one will be built in the new Walt Disney Plaza. By the time WDP is open, Little Mermaid will be near completion and Carsland would have only a year or two til completion as well. Screamin, Grizzly, Soarin, TSMM, Little Mermaid, RSR, Tower, and Goofy's Sky Skool are the only attractions that honestly would need a wait time posted up though, so I don't really think they need a wait board until 2012 at the least.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I saw the wait time board once, never again.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin
    *Also, I enjoy seeing both gay men and lesbian women holding hands and kissing passionately in The Disneyland Resort. Love should not be confined to, and defined only for opposite genders.
    As a gay man myself, i'm all for holding hands in the parks, but as for passionate kissing, that's a little too much for both gay and straight couples. One, keeping a family environment is important, and two, deep kissing may lead to other things in the public bathrooms or on dark rides.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Although there is no wait time board, the GR CM at the Information Station next to Engine-EARS Toys keeps track of the wait times. Don't hesitate to ask them

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• "I Break Things"

They need actual consistent long wait times on MULTIPLE attractions before they can convince Disney Corporate to buy them a board.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

I always thought DCA could have a waitboard. Maybe they're low on attractions, but especially in summer with 2 parades and the High School musical float, theres enough shows to announce.

If I were to make a waitboard today.... I'd put in
    Wait Times for:
    Soarin'
    California Screamin
    Midway Mania
    GRR
    Tower of Terror
    Mullholland

And then I would put showtimes for
    Playhouse Disney
    High School Musical
    Pixar Play Parade
    Electrical Parade

Grant you, some of these are seasonal, and some of these arent crowded other times in the year, but you could substitute those ones with
    Magic of Brother Bear
    Drawn to the Magic
    Turtle Talk with Crush

Of course you can always add that Muppet Vision and Bugs Life have continuous shows.

Obviously the board wouldn't be as big as Disneyland's but I think it could still be designed to look good enough, and it would be very helpful. If Screamin's got a wait longer that 45 minutes, I know not to walk across the ENTIRE park :P Plus as more attractions open the board would only get busier and better.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePrincess1230 View Post
    Although there is no wait time board, the GR CM at the Information Station next to Engine-EARS Toys keeps track of the wait times. Don't hesitate to ask them
    You might even get a Fastpass for your trouble.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    You might even get a Fastpass for your trouble.
    Really?

• Senior Minion

What they really need is a DCA wait board at DL. Maybe that would get more people over there. Otherwise, it's pretty pointless like Tech said. I can tell you what they pretty much are all of the time, Soarin' & TSMM- 40 min. everything else, 5-10 min. unless it's hot, then 30 min. for GRR.

There you go, you can just print this out and take it with you, and you'll have your own little wait time board, now you'll know the wait times for everything at DCA.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Thanks, Ollie

Someone was injured setting the board up, and it went away. Please feel free to ask the Information Station in front of EngineEars Toys for any wait time, show time or menu you seek.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I used to work at the Wait Time Board, back when they wanted one Attractions Cast Member stationed there and then later when we had the laser-guilded height check system (I was one of the few CMs trained to operate it during the test).

There used to be two, one at the Guest Relations kiosk in Sunshine Plaza and the other at the entrance to the bridge leading to Paradise Pier.

I miss those shifts... they were fun.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    There used to be two, one at the Guest Relations kiosk in Sunshine Plaza and the other at the entrance to the bridge leading to Paradise Pier.
    They could easily put a wait time board on one side of the Guest Relations kiosk. I still wonder why they didn't/don't.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Something that DCA will do, but most Disneyland CM's refuse, is they will call up the attreaction you want without hesitation.

Say you wanna go on Screamin', but are in the Animation building and want to know the wait time. The nearest CM at a phone will call them and get the info
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast