Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Mr. Todd's Wild Ride with the Pratts'

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Aww, what a great trip report! Although with pratt and honey in tow I imagine there was never a dull moment. Did she break out her magic wand? Things tend to happen when she does that.
    Summer you know me so well. Of course I broke out the magic wand but bonus points were scored when I used the light up wand during the ELP.

Aladdin I love that I get to see what you guys were doing when I was playing FP runner.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Such a great trip report! Thanks for sharing all the good times...
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Nice TR!

• DLandFansAZ's Wife

Hilarious fun with your slide show! Thanks for the laugh at us Zonies.

• =)

Nice TR! You made one very large error, though... You didn't take any photos of the Indiana Jones show building while you were over by the picnic area! Terrible. Simply terrible.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

SUNDAY AM July 6, 2008 (Continued)

Storybookland was up next (Timmy, Pratt55, DLandFansAZ)

Monstro Opened WIDE to swallow our boat! (I had so much fun with the previous Monstro Pictures, I needed a couple more!)

Storybookland is really a nice little attraction in the midst of the chaos that is ususally Fantasyland.

Castles of all different shapes

and colors

Because no Trip Report is truely satisfying without at least one Duck photo!

Back across the castle drawbridge

And over to DCA

BUT, we still had to wait for the official opening time. In the meantime, DLandFansAZ went on FastPass Patrol for Soarin and Grizzly.

We met up at Midway Mania. DLandfansAZ and Mrs. Thumper with Kidz 1 and 2

On Midway Mania we scored a few beavers, and a bunny or two.

Next up was Grizzly River Rapids. Timmy stayed dry watching the bags,
    and I stayed dry taking pictures of the rest, hopefully getting drenched

Here was the crew, right at the final drop (and WAY too dry!)

Round the bend, and will the geyser pop up in front of them???

Sadly, No.

However the raft after did get it!

After that excursion, we didn't have enough time for Soarin', as we wanted to be at the meet early. And just a minute after we entered the gates back to Disneyland, a whole group of Mice Chatters followed behind us, including the soon to be VERY surprised Fishbulb!

And just a few seconds later Dustysage enters the adjacent turnstile.

An unofficial preview of the meet in front of the floral Mickey

We all congregate and play "speed dating" (as circarama so aptley dubbed it) at the the main hub. We then gather in front of the Castle for a picture and the special announcement by Dustysage!

And Walt gave his official blessing of the engagement!

The proposal was so "Todd"
    And Norm's response so typically "Norm"
    We are so happy for both of you!

After that, people chatted and congratulated for a while longer. Some went to Hungry Bear, some to the French Market, and there were a few of us who decided to check out the air conditioning in the "Elias home" over in Innoventions.

The group I entered with, was herded and coralled in front of the Mr Tom Morrow audio animatronic. We weren't told ANYTHING about the new exhibits at all. We were just told to go into the Party tent in the back yard and have fun.

With the lack of direction, I decided to explore around the perimeter of the carousel, where some of the old entry shows used to be. A little ways down, their were 4 people standing around in "ELIAS" shirts and one of them asked me if I was looking for something. UGGGG! Isn't that what we're suppose to do in Innoventions, look around? The lack of direction, and lack of information about this new house of the future attraction was stupifying! They said I should go back to the "Party Tent". What the HECK are they talking about.

At This time, THERE ARE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH THE WAY THEY ARE RUNNING THIS NEW ATTRACTION. It just has to be placed in capital letters like that. I go to the center area, and find a room where there are Three sets of doors (6 doors total) so I open one of the doors, and a cast member comes up to me and basically say don't go there (it leads back to one of the entry areas of the building.)

SO, I explain to the cast member (as Tom Hanks said in the movie "Big") I DON'T GET IT! What are we suppose to be looking at or doing in this new exhibit. Then I explain to him, when I entered the building, I got the regular AA Tom Morrow welcome and just told to "go to the party in the back yard" I didn' get any explaination of what to see or what to do inside.

THEN this cast member informs me that they are bringing people into the building in two different ways, because they didn't want to have people wait outside. He said some groups enter with an introduction and one without an introduction. I said, well I was LOOKING for the introduction.
    He then tells me, oh, there is a group that just came in. And that I should run out to the "FRONT YARD" and join that group. He then directs me to the doors he originally told me not to go through.
    UGGGGGG!!!!! (hold on it gets worse)

The Cast member who was out in the "FRONT YARD" introduced himself as bobby or billy's Coach, OMG, this cast member must have modeled his character on John Candy in "Cool Runnings". The "SOCCER STORY" goes on forever like this. Now before I get too upset about this whole incident. At least this coach person showed us what to look for in the rooms, he even showed us some of the special effects that the "FRONT DOORS" to this house had. THAT IS WHAT THEY NEED IN THIS BUILDING, JUST HAVE SOMEONE SHOW YOU THE FEATURES EACH ROOM HAS! Don't be giving us this lame *** story about billy or bobby's damn soccer team going to the freakin communist China to play a game!

If you thought the line for the Tiki Room Special Event Mercandise Event was a mess, just a warning DON'T GO INSIDE INNOVENTIONS!!!!!!!! IT'S A FREAKIN' LOONEY TOON ASYLUM.

Gee, I didn't realize just how bad that thing was until now!

OK, really, I get the concept of what they are trying to do (and it would work better without the freakin back story) BUT overall the concept STILL doesn't fly. It's just not that interesting or informative or entertaining.

It's Really amazing how much I used to LOVE that building with Carousel of Progress and America Sings, and what a piece crap it is now. I can't believe that same building used to house one of the most spectacular attraction in the World, and now Barf

As I was Leaving the building, DLandFansAZ and family saw me, just as they were about to enter, and asked me how I liked it, (in a louder voice since we were a little ways away from each other) HAHAHAHAHAHA! I tried to be kind and said in a loud voice so they could hear me "Echhhh, It's only So-So" and used a hand gesture to indicate the same.

Only after I said that, did I realize that most everyone on that platform heard my opinion, and saw me, hahahahhaha!!!!!!! Not only that, but I'm pretty sure the Cast Member stationed at the bottom of the exit ramp heard me, too!

Yeah, there will be some MAJOR kinks they can work out. BUT the main idea of this entire building is JUST AS FLAWED as when it opened with TL'98. (and that was a late opening too ) This is the FIRST THING THAT SHOULD HAVE DIED FROM TL'98. Instead it's one of the last surviving things. like a cockroach.

Ok, I'll try to move on with the report

I wanted to use my Roger Rabbit Fastpass, so I walked past the subs

and past Small World still under refurbishment for several months to come.

And finally arrive at a place that was much more sane than "Innoventions"

The Jolly Trolley was on display (but not moving) and beside the Trolley Stop, the Disneyland Roses were in Full Bloom!!!

Leaving Disneyland, on July 6th, the Firehouse Band was no longer red, white and blue They really ought to wear Red, White, and Blue for a longer period of time ~ especially since it was still part of the weekend!

At 3:30 we joined the rest of the crew briefly, to congratulate Todd and Norm, one more time. Sadly, we had to say our goodbyes, and our final "speed dating".

It was such a fun trip, and we were so glad to be there to celebrate with the two men of the weekend! It's just great that we have Mice Chat here, so that we can continue that "speed dating", even though it isn't in person.

On the drive back to Phoenix, Rod was introduced to his first "BIMBO" truck!

I'm sure several of you know about the BIMBO Bakery Products ~
    (You would think they would be related to the Hooters restaurant chain)
    They have a Poppin' Fresh Bear (who resembles Snuggles the Fabric softener Bear) and a "Howard the Duckling" as mascots.

The Beaver Bunch made it back to Phoenix about 10 that evening. But we are looking forward to our next trip!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 07-08-2008 at 03:16 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great wrap up. I still tell you though there were way too many bimbos on the way home.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I just have to respond to myself, because I just can't believe how awful the "NEW" Innoventions was on Sunday! And then follow it with how much "saner" Toontown is,with a picture of Roger Rabbit getting electrocuted!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I just have to respond to myself, because I just can't believe how awful the "NEW" Innoventions was on Sunday! And then follow it with how much "saner" Toontown is,with a picture of Roger Rabbit getting electrocuted!
    Ha Ha Ha

Ha Ha

Huh

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

As I was Leaving the building, DLandFansAZ and family saw me, just as they were about to enter, and asked me how I liked it, (in a louder voice since we were a little ways away from each other) HAHAHAHAHAHA! I tried to be kind and said in a loud voice so they could hear me "Echhhh, It's only So-So" and used a hand gesture to indicate the same.

Only after I said that, did I realize that most everyone on that platform heard my opinion, and saw me, hahahahhaha!!!!!!! Not only that, but I'm pretty sure the Cast Member stationed at the bottom of the exit ramp heard me, too!
    I agree with you completely. I didn't get the whole family thing until I finally saw the back of the shirts. When we entered the kitchen area there was a CM sitting at the table and there was 50's/60's rock music playing. When I looked over at the CM (which was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, not the Elias shirt) he started dancing around and singing to the music in a very animated way. Didn't say anything or try to explain anything just was part of the scene. I didn't know if he was just a goof or someone who had been hanging out at the margarita stand over at DCA all morning. To me it was very unorganized and I didn't feel as though I wanted to even participate. I felt as though I wanted to peek in and look at things and move on as fast as possible. Hopefully they can refine it and make it work.

BTW, great TR Aladdin, it was great spending time with you and the rest of the gang this weekend.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• DLandFansAZ's Wife

Ditto! I loved the TR, but didn't get the house either. I'll take the kitchen island and the laundry room though. It was great to see you this weekend as an extention of the BBQ.

Sorry. Double post.

(See below for real post.)
    Last edited by MickeyM; 07-08-2008 at 05:06 PM. Reason: double post

I knew what I said on the last wild ride would come back to haunt me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    A) You are a very brave man.
    B) Did they make you flash any bad drivers along the way?
    C) Embracing the group name, Beaver Bunch is troubling.
    D) Did they require you to wear a mask and pose as one of their sons at any point?
    E) On future trips, if they ever pull over to pick up a woman named, Lola, attempt to exit the vehicle.

Truly, part 1 of your TR has me wanting more, even though the thought of that scares me a little bit.
    It's always so much fun to see both of you! Just to answer some of your questions/comments.

(a) Don't forget "and daring"
    (b) Only the "Bimbo" Truck Driver
    (c) uh, yeah, and the comment for (d), as it covers both (c) and (d)
    (d) No, but they did make Rod and I wear wigs and pose as "the daughters they never had" (thankfully, they forgot the bikinis)
    (e) Thanks for the warning, rumor is Lola is still stalking I-10!

• Huh?

It was a wild ride; I've almost recovered from the trauma.

Seriously though, I had a lot of fun even though it was exhausting. It was nice to meet lots of new people that I'll probably never remember the names of. It was also nice to have some to split the cost of gas with. And it was wonderful to be a part of such a momentous event in the lives of two people who are obviously well loved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123