Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Re: Favorite specific spot in all of Disneyland park?

my fav spot is always changing. it depends on what my mood is, whether it is day or night, and even who am i with. it is really hard to just choose one favorite specific spot...
    for romantical occasions, a nighttime cruise on the mark twain is my all time favorite spot.
    i also love walking down main street early in the morning, and seeing all the main st. vehicles running. another favorite spot in the park is enjoying a dinner at blue bayou with the family. not only is this restaurant inside of of my favorite rides, but the combination of the atmosphere, view and food make this one of my fav locations.

• River Guide & Mouseketeer

My favorite spot would have to be the the partners statue. Sleeping Beauty Castle serves as a great backdrop.

I forgot another spot...under the lit arches of the Storybook boat ride. If it's summer, it makes me think of Christmas. If I am with a loved one, it makes me feel more romantic. If I am in the mood for a little fairy tale moment, it puts me in the right setting. Sometimes the right string of lights can create the right moment.

• is enjoying a ukulele.

The hub, right next to the Dumbo statue, right before the Remember show comes on. That's the first time I saw the Remember show and I remember shedding a tear watching it. It's our "family spot" now whenever we're at the park to watch the show, Dole Whip in hand.

• Banned User

It used to be the courtyard in the Disney Gallery. I'd go up there for peace and quiet and to write postcards. That is my all time favorite spot to kick back.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    It used to be the courtyard in the Disney Gallery. I'd go up there for peace and quiet and to write postcards. That is my all time favorite spot to kick back.
    I liked it too, with the few tables...it is too bad it is gone, it was very nice up there.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

An old favorite is more or less between the sub lagoon and the Tomorrowland Terrace area, heading toward the Innoventions building.

A somewhat-obsolete one is the "pass-through" inside the Matterhorn where the skyway went through, but this relied largely on the being from the perspective of the skyway itself. It's not quite the same from an on-ride perspective.

One that's pretty much obsolete is around the cider mill on Tom Sawyer Island before it was reprofiled [?]. This dated back to late 80s. Didn't there used to be a walkthrough and a stairway leading down toward the river and another route going...? I don't have clear memory, but almost certain it was reprofiled.

Another TSI one is the "termite mound" section of caves that has the spiral going up inside and the spiral walkway outside.

Another obsolete one is just coming into the big scene with battling ships on Pirates of the Caribbean. But after the revamping in 2007 (or earlier possibly) there's been changes in the lighting and mood and it isn't the same. Before, just for a bit the room looked far bigger than it was and also at a much lower level, so there was the sense there needed to be a long slope dropping down into the room. But as you continued, it was just reflections on the water you were seeing.

I love sitting beside Dumbo, near the elephant topiary and just watching all the families in Fantasyland. Especially in the evenings. It makes me happy to know that even though I can't be there very often, someone is there everyday enjoying it.

• I'm not really here

1. Courtyard of Angels. So peaceful and rarely are there more than 3 or 4 people there. Peaceful, secluded and you can really lose yourself in the NOS theme.

2. Snow White's Grotto at night is so peaceful and quiet. The sound of the waterfall and the gorgeously lit castle.

3. Late late night in the castle's courtyard during the off season. All the lights dim, hardly anyone walking through. Feels like a real village. I love just sitting there and soaking it in and dreaming.

4. The path around the back of Fowler's Harbour back where it passes over the end of the Splash Mountain final drop run-off. The wild look of TSI, the river below, especially at night, it is magic back there with Splash Mountain in the background.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• e komo mai

There's a bench on the outside of the Pooh store in Critter Country. It faces a waterfall that is to the left of the Pooh ride exit. It's a wonderful spot to think and rest. Dare I say it's a Thotful Spot?

• Banned User

1. The Blue Bayou scene in POTC
    2. The graveyard scene in HM.

There's definetly a few but the one that first came to mind was the area around Grizzly River Rapids, especially at night. It's just so calming and the scenery is beautiful.

The outdoor dining area for Red Rockett's Pizza Port (Under the Space Mountain queue)

• Closed Account

The tender seat on the E.P. Ripley.

• Hooterville, USA

To me it's anywhere in the park when for just a moment, you're the only person there.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast