Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21724252627

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Re: Favorite specific spot in all of Disneyland park?

Easy peasy pumpkin peasy! It has to be, hands down, number one, NOS.

I could lose myself there. Thats the one time I much rather prefer to be alone in the park. Its so breathtaking. I just wish it were a little bigger =( but I love sitting in the Court of Angels & just...soaking it in i guess? haha nevertheless, I can always find a true bliss when there.

& Second has to be the Snow White area off on the side of the castle; especially at night! Its so secluded at night, there's almost no one ever there! Gotta love spots like that around the Land Makes me feel like Im somewhere in a book haha

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I'd like to slow things down a bit. No...it's not time for a slow dance or couples skate. So, no Puckermover, Aashee!
    One of my favorite places in Disneyland is the Main Street Cinema. It's always so awesome to leave the hustle bustle of Main Street and enter the hushed, darkened Cinema. I always start out standing on the center platform and just do a slow 360 turn, deciding which cartoon I want to watch that day. Then, I'll step down, take a place on the floor in front of one of the screens,my arms wrapped around my legs, my chin on my knees, like I was a little kid again, watching Mickey cartoons over and over.
    I know, I'm probably a hazard, sitting on the floor like that. Please don't report me to the Disneyland Fire Department!
    Last time I was at the Park, I was at the Cinema, watching Steamboat Willie (for the thousandth time!) and a little girl walked in. She looked around, a bit confused and asked me where she was. I told her she was on the most thrilling attraction at Disneyland...then I said she should hold on to her hats and glasses because she was about to experience the excitement of Mickey's creation! She gave me a bit of a weird look, so I guess not everyone feels the special connection to the Cinema that I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I'd like to slow things down a bit. No...it's not time for a slow dance or couples skate. So, no Puckermover, Aashee!
    One of my favorite places in Disneyland is the Main Street Cinema. It's always so awesome to leave the hustle bustle of Main Street and enter the hushed, darkened Cinema. I always start out standing on the center platform and just do a slow 360 turn, deciding which cartoon I want to watch that day. Then, I'll step down, take a place on the floor in front of one of the screens,my arms wrapped around my legs, my chin on my knees, like I was a little kid again, watching Mickey cartoons over and over.
    I know, I'm probably a hazard, sitting on the floor like that. Please don't report me to the Disneyland Fire Department!
    Last time I was at the Park, I was at the Cinema, watching Steamboat Willie (for the thousandth time!) and a little girl walked in. She looked around, a bit confused and asked me where she was. I told her she was on the most thrilling attraction at Disneyland...then I said she should hold on to her hats and glasses because she was about to experience the excitement of Mickey's creation! She gave me a bit of a weird look, so I guess not everyone feels the special connection to the Cinema that I do.
    Hi Aristocat,

Long time no see. The Main Street Cinema is magical on so many levels. I could be in there for a half an hour not even realizing they are playing old time music in the background. I must admit, with friends I will go up to that lady at the ticket counter there and demand a ticket. When she doesn't respond I ask for popcorn. We laugh and laugh!!!! One of these times some crazy imagineer is going to put a real person in there. That would scare me so much you'd see my dust running down Main Street.

•   
    • Kerplookee

That story gave me the chills AC. You probably confused the little girl cause she wasn't wearing a hat or glasses.
    Don't feel awkward, I always see people sitting on the floor with eyes glued to the magic. I haven't sat down since I saw a 5 year old projectile all over the place. I stood there in shock...my exit blocked....like Bruce Willis in Die Hard when the floor was covered in glass and he had bare feet.
    The story has a happy ending and the CM's couldn't have been nicer....the kid got a free balloon. free stuff? hmmm, suddenly I'm not feeling so hot.
    Last edited by Duck44; 01-23-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Sock Puppet

Hmm..at first I had to think this one out cause there's so many great places. Attraction wise, it would have to be the part in Splash Mt. after you pass Brer Fox's house on the higher level, during Fantasmic. I love watching parts of the show from SM. I also love going on the KA carousel at night before/after the fireworks. It's just nice and peacefull sitting on "my horse." I call em' Lenny for no reason, but it's always nice to take a break from the crowds and just watch em' go by you while enjoying an attraction on your own. Now, for my favorite place, it'll have to be either sides of SBC. Barely anyone goes down the walkways so it's a great spot to take in the day and the atmosphere alone.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21724252627