• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Bringing little cousin to Disneyland...

It's his first time to the original, real park. He lives in France and has been to Euro Disney, and well, he hates it. At first he didn't even want to come to the park in Anahiem, but when he showed some curiosity from the vmk game with the Matterhorn, I showed him the map of the park here, and he was in shock and wanted to go (he said basically Euro is about 1/4 of the size of Anahiem, not even). Anyhow, he is 10, and well I want him to have a good time. We have a limited amount of time in the park (10 am to 7 pm on a Sunday). I know he definitely has to go on Splash Mountain and Matterhorn, since they do not have that at Euro Disney. I also want him to see the Tiki Room (dunno if he'll appreciate it but he needs to have a dole whip).

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how to make the most out of the day with the time we have? Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Bringing little cousin to Disneyland...

If he wants a $6.00 corndog, get it for him
    If he wants a mickey plush, buy it
    Try suggesting things and ask him what he wants to do, make it his day

• Banned User

I know someone posted a link on here of a website that would help you schedule your whole day at the park. However I don't remember the link maybe they'll help out and post it again!

Make sure you get your cousin some gold ears, a churro, and have a great time!

• Reaver of Souls

Don't forget Fantasmic! As a newbie to DL, he probably won't enjoy the fireworks as much as those of us who remember all the rides it references, so I say make Fantasmic! tht nighttime priority. He can still ooh and aah over the pyro of the fireworks from NOS, and he won't have to fight the sometime evening-ruining crowds on Main Street...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Wonderful World

If you havnt yet but tell him the history of the park.Like who has been there and how it all got started and stuff.That should defintly pull him in
    I'm back MiceChat

• LoisAlene

10 you say? - he will probably want to run amok on Tom Sawyers Island for a goodly length of time. If the canoes are up and running take him on those. They are uniquely American as well as a Lot of fun. Buzz LightYear Astro Blasters may catch his attention if he is at all a computer geek. If he's a 'younger' 10, he may want to see more of Fantasyland.
    I hope you Both enjoy his trip to the Mouse!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Walk up Main Street and when you get to the hub, turn left.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I bet Sunday morning or Sunday night the park will be empty due to people going to church. around 12 or 1 it might start filling up, but I bet you will be able to do a lot of things. Tell him stories about Disneylands History and your fond memories to add to his excitement. Perhaps you can also hunt for hidden things through out the park.

• ROFLCOPTER

You should let him ride Space Moutain and Indiana Jones, the are very diffrent than the ones in Paris.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Reaver of Souls

Indiana Jones, certainly. Our SM might be a big let down if you're uses to the one on Paris. I haven't been on the revised version in Paris yet, but the original beats both our original and our revised version without breaking a sweat...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Minion

Well, first things first. Brief your cousin with the fact that our Disneyland is physically smaller than the one in Paris. That way he won't be disappointed. But then tell him that it has a little more than twice the attractions.

I loved Disneyland Paris, because, if that park is allowed to really evolve like our home park has, it will be incredible(opening a second gate was just stupid, their first park wasn't complete).

Also, make sure as you walk it's paths you explain why certain things were done.

He won't understand why the paths are smaller, and forced perspective... but as others say, make it his day, and show him what his home park could be.

By the way, I love their Thunder Mountain...