Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Tink's Tea Kettle

I have to admit, while my kids love meeting Ariel, I have no clue what a mermaid has to do with either the Matterhorn or Tomorrowland. It's a great meet n greet, highly themed in and of itself, but completely out of context when you step back and look at everything. That said, now they want to tear it out and put a giant teapot in it's place. At least with Ariel the meet and greet was semi tucked away and not overly noticeable. I give WDI the benefit of the doubt, but I have a really bad feeling about this one. The only spot I would think that would have been PERFECT is now a smoking pit (motorboat lagoon). Option B would have been on the right side of the parade route as you are looking at Small World... a spot used only when a parade is going, or in the rare event of a character meet n greet. If they could somehow place it in Fantasyland, say by taking out the wagon in front of Village Haus... that would have been even better. But no, they are placing it right where Ariel was, and in full view of everyone... I guess the future is full of tea and giant teapots!

In any event my little ones won't care, they will drag Daddy to meet Tink and her flying friends... but for me it is yet another stunning example of "make it fit" theming.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Re: Tink's Tea Kettle

I agree. Though the rumor is that if the Tink thing does well it will be moved to a more permanent location over by the Motorboat lagoon somewhere.

While Ariel didn't necessarily fit very well in that area, it was very well hidden and many people had no clue it was even there. It wasn't very overt. The theming was minimal, almost non-existent.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

While Ariel didn't necessarily fit very well in that area, it was very well hidden and many people had no clue it was even there. It wasn't very overt. The theming was minimal, almost non-existent.
    And this is preferable? Finally something Fantasyland themed near the Matterhorn. 'Bout time.

• I'm not really here

I'm just curious how they are going to make the transition from 1/14 scale mountain to 14ft tall flowers and teapot seem logical. Talk about size discrepancy. I do like that it is Fantasyland related now, just worried about how well this will look sitting in the open. I hope they tuck it back in there in a way that isn't super obvious like Ariel was. Especially with how visible it is from the Castle (flowers 1/4 as tall as Sleeping Beauty castle would just look odd).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'm just curious how they are going to make the transition from 1/14 scale mountain to 14ft tall flowers and teapot seem logical. Talk about size discrepancy. I do like that it is Fantasyland related now, just worried about how well this will look sitting in the open. I hope they tuck it back in there in a way that isn't super obvious like Ariel was. Especially with how visible it is from the Castle (flowers 1/4 as tall as Sleeping Beauty castle would just look odd).
    The giant garden of Alice in Wonderland works pretty well next to the castle--at least I don't see it as a distraction. I'm just happy to have Fantasyland finally represented on that side of 'Fantasyland'.

• Banned User

Going on your point of the tea cup sticking out like a sore thumb. How's about the difference in styles of Alice in Wonderland next to the Matterhorn, or better yet, It's a Small World next to the Princess Fantasy Faire.

• I'm not really here

Ok, yes, so there are varying scales within Fantasyland. This location for the Tink meet-n-greet is rather more out in the open though. It is practically on the hub. It sits right between the castle and Astro-Orbiter. Were it confined safely within Fantasland, rather than more in the hub area, I wouldn't wonder as much. I don't hate the idea, just wonder how it will look if they open it up and just have it sitting right there.

Maybe they should split the difference and serve both the spirit of Tomorrowland and the faithful representation of Tink's house:

The Tea Kettle of the Future.

• Banned User

I personally don't think we have anything to worry about.

• "I Break Things"

Here's the thing... if it were accross the road like Alice, and behind the castle I would not really care since that is "Fantasyland". Likewise if they put a Spaceage thingy where Ariel is I wouldn't care since that is on the same side next to Tomorrowland. BUT they are putting a giant tea kettle next to Tomorrowland... and no matter how it is dressed up it is still a giant tea kettle next to Tomorrowland.

I'm sure they could put huge plants but if they make them look "too alien" then it wouldn't match... and there is still the issue of the Tea Kettle.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

This thread is a Tempest in a Teapot.

• Banned User

Did anyone hear the rumor that one of the 2 main contenders to go into the current Buzz building before they decided to build Buzz was the Little Mermaid attraction. The entrance would of been moved over to where Ariel's Grotto now, & the building would switch lands basically.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Here's the thing... if it were accross the road like Alice, and behind the castle I would not really care since that is "Fantasyland". Likewise if they put a Spaceage thingy where Ariel is I wouldn't care since that is on the same side next to Tomorrowland. BUT they are putting a giant tea kettle next to Tomorrowland... and no matter how it is dressed up it is still a giant tea kettle next to Tomorrowland.

I'm sure they could put huge plants but if they make them look "too alien" then it wouldn't match... and there is still the issue of the Tea Kettle.
    Will the Victorian-themed Plaza Inn have to be ripped out? It is far more prominent than Ariels's current/Tink's future meet & greet is, even if they both sit outside the entrance to Tomorrowland.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Take out the hat shop and put Tink's kettle there, next to the cups. By the way, no matter where they put it, I'll be in line!
    I want my cake back!

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    Take out the hat shop and put Tink's kettle there, next to the cups.
    Now THAT'S a brilliant idea.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast