View Poll Results: Should Disney make sure the Mighty Microscope Tribute is included in Star Tours 2 ?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I think it would be great for ATIS to continue being remembered.

30 61.22%
  • No. Attraction tributes for ATIS isn't really needed anymore!

6 12.24%
  • Don't Care. Let's be surprised!

10 20.41%
  • What is Adventures thru Inner Space??

3 6.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Sad Star Tours 2: The Loss of any trace of Inner Space???

With Star Tours 2 possibly on it's way, it means a new movie and possibly new stuff in the line.

This probably means that we will lose most of the last tributes to Adventures thru Inner Space. Such as the mighty microscope in the ride and possibly the screen in the line.

Do you think that Disneyland should take the steps to make sure the mighty microscope makes its way into the new version of Star Tours??
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Shablagoo!

Re: Star Tours 2: The Loss of any trace of Inner Space???

Nope I don't thik they have to worry about the microscpe. I want them to concentrate on making the best attraction possible.

• Circle of Ancients

I think there will still be some kind of tribute to both Inner Space and Star Tours 1.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

There are more things to worry about with this new attraction than a tribute to a long-gone attraction that 99.9% of parkgoers will miss. That's my take, anyway. Personally, I'd like to see one, but who am I?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• =)

I never rode ATIS, but I like it when WDI incorporates references to past attractions. The Mighty Microscope's presence in the current Star Tours is nice, and I hope something will make it into Star Tours II. Doesn't have to be big. Doesn't have to be very noticeable. Just something to catch a few fans' eyes on the third viewing. It can be the kind of thing that only takes a couple hours to add and barely costs anything more--not a big investment on WDI's or ILM's part, but one that has a nice little bit of a payoff.

And it'd be nice to have a reference or two to the original Star Tours, as well--I'm sure WDI won't pass up that opportunity.
    Last edited by Datameister; 07-08-2008 at 01:47 PM.

• I'm not really here

I rode it, but I must have blocked the memories. Apparently I screamed when I thought we were going to be stuck small forever. Wish I could remember this ride.

I really hope they work it in somewhere. Maybe somewhere new for us fans to search out yet again. I think Data is right, WDI won't pass up this opportunity to have some fun.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

And it'd be nice to have a reference or two to the original Star Tours, as well--I'm sure WDI won't pass up that opportunity.
    Never road AJTIS so don't know what references all of you are are describing. But for Star Tours 1 homage they'll probably do something like "There goes the new guy rex." or something while you're on the ride. Star Tours 1 is to valuable to not have some type of memory of it on the new setup.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Never road AJTIS so don't know what references all of you are are describing. But for Star Tours 1 homage they'll probably do something like "There goes the new guy rex." or something while you're on the ride. Star Tours 1 is to valuable to not have some type of memory of it on the new setup.
    I never rote ATIS either, but I do know that the Mighty Microscope--exactly what it sounds like--shows up as you're swooping through the hangar at the beginning of the attraction. It shows up on the right, behind another structure, if I remember correctly. Also, the big screen in the queue was part of the ATIS queue, as well, though it of course did not show scenes on Hoth and Tatooine and so forth.

• Hall Of Promise

I say surprise me. It is always nice and charming to have a tribute to anything, especially something that was once loved. However, I would neither hold it against them if they didn't nor would I expect them to incorporate a tribute to a past attraction. I am a strong believer that Disneyland shouldn't be looked at as a museum, no matter how old it gets. But it is nice to look back every once in a while via a tribute. The hidden ones are even more fun, like a Hidden Mickey.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I never rote ATIS either, but I do know that the Mighty Microscope--exactly what it sounds like--shows up as you're swooping through the hangar at the beginning of the attraction. It shows up on the right, behind another structure, if I remember correctly. Also, the big screen in the queue was part of the ATIS queue, as well, though it of course did not show scenes on Hoth and Tatooine and so forth.
    Wah?? I can believe I've never see it!
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• I'm not really here

Here is a video showing the Mighty Microscope for those who may not have caught it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...eature=related

And here is a video of ATIS (some shots of the microscope in its original glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=ctQMV81NIiw

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• A Honorary Autobot

Just as long as they don't tear down the rain forest.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Just as long as they don't tear down the rain forest.
    On Endor. LoL!

• Disney Geek

Great videos mycroft.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

There are Miracles from Molecules, around us everywhere.

I big ol' yes from Kritter!

MAGNIFICATIOOOOON!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast