View Poll Results: With all the new shows coming out next year, should Disney extend Peak Hours till 1AM

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 1AM Sounds Great!!

113 61.75%
  • No. Isn't Midnight enough???

55 30.05%
  • Doesn't Matter!

15 8.20%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Missing an Angel

Re: With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1A

Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    That would be cool but I would feel bad for the parks closing cast members. My sistier used to work the stroller's and some nights she would not get home until 1:45 or 2am when the park closed at midnight. Imagine 1am. She wouldn't get home until 2:45 or 3am. That's just too late.
    Heh. In my department, when we close, we get off at 2:30AM. So a 1AM closing would mean getting off at 3:30AM.

With all the night time entertainment being added, I wouldn't mind seeing a 1AM closing time again.

• Animation Domination

Re: With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1A

What about the park closing at 2 AM....

• Senior Minion

In think it will make more sense to allow it to stay open later if the plan is really to have a parade back to the nighttime entertainment. That would hopefully help with speading out the time when the guests leave, as a certain number of people will leave right after each entertainment event. Eventually, the resort should offer enough nighttime shows to fill a several day trip and DCA needs to offer enough to keep people there to help with the nighttime crowding issues in DL. Hopefully WoC will have crowds flowing the other way in a few years.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I always enjoyed those 1am closings back in the 70s and 80s. Disneyland after dark is especially wonderful, so having another hour of it sounds great! I remember how cool it was to be wandering around, soaking up the extra night-time magic, in those last special hours. While a lot of guests did leave, it seems to me that everything remained up and running -- so it was especially enjoyable to feel like you had the Park more to yourself. It's disappointing now how a lot of the "little" things shut down in the evenings. Bring back the night!

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Nah. It's hard enough for me to get up for opening at 8am. LoL!
    Seriously, they should! Only the die-hard fans would be there at 6:30 waiting for them to open! LOL

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

I can tell you right now if the park were open till 1 there would be a serious casting issue.

Say Space Mountain has a one hour line at 12:59 that means the last people to get on the ride would ride at 1:59 and by the time the CMs would finish shutting down, they'd be leaving around 2:30-3:00 AM!!! That puts them on the road with all the drunks coming home from partying.

Midnight is late enough.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Can someone fill me in on what the Wonder Parade is?
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The more hours the better!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Well guys, this rumor about Electrical Parade returning any time soon is false. We (show Support) have been told by upper management that it is staying thru next year, and any trace of it coming to Disneyland won't be til Wonderful World of Color premiers which would be in '10. POD is NOT leaving next year since WDW is still having issues on deciding where to house the parade, as none of their warehouses can fit POD. WoW is postponed as of now, so we just have to wait and see what happens within the next year. The main street rehab is indeed in effect starting January of '09, thru march"ish", and during that time POD will be refurbed, also as well as DEP which will be rehabbed completely from January to about June right before summer run kicks in. It's all wait and see what happens.

-SPACE

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

Remember though, only when the park is closed can they do enhancements and touch ups to the daily damage that happen around the park on a daily basis. Cut the hours they have to fix it up, and you have a dingy looking park again like we had in the 90s.

• Cherry Tart

As a cast member who usually gets stuck with closing shifts, I say no.

Please no.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The big thing driving keeping the Parks open later is attendance, and that is tied to the economy and fuel & transportation costs. If they can get the park full, and keep the people there buying things, then 1 AM could happen again, at least on Fridays and Saturdays.

If they can get the people in there in enough volume to create some crowds, they could run a third Fantasmic! and a third MSEP and stay till 2 AM on Friday and Saturday, and push back to 1 AM on Thursdays and Sundays. And DCA could easily start pushing back to 11 or even Midnight on the weekends - it's all dictated by the projected gate.

And it shouldn't make that big a difference for the Third Shift - they are still getting their game plans together at Midnight. The only difference would be they have the heavy equipment parked behind the gates, so they get brooms and pans and help out the Evening Custodial for a half-hour till their area of the park is clear of Guests.

I remember a lot of 2 AM and 3 AM July 4s and NYE's when the Third Shift folks were out in their blues bussing tables and sweeping. And all the ones I asked said it was a nice change of pace.

Same thing with the ride maintenance - they can always start working on the trains that were pulled offline during the day for problems, and by the time those are fixed and done the ride should be closed for the night.

(The observant among us would notice the lights on in the maintenace bay, and the chirp of the crickets competing with the {BRRRRT!!} of impact wrenches and air tools.)

Littlecricket: Don't worry about 1 AM closes - You're young and resilient. Sleep is over-rated... (And then you watch as they schedule you for a closing shift Thursday and an Opening shift Friday.)

'Doubling back' at work and pulling the occasional all-nighter was easy when I was 18. It's gotten a lot harder south of 40.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I say stay open until 1:00 on weekends like the good old days with some additional entertainment at Carnation Gardens and possibly somewhere in Frontierland. As for the CM's not wanting the late hours, your predecessors worked them......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Red Face Re: With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1A

I don't follow the logic of saying that getting off work at 3am is unreasonable. Now, if you were scheduled to start work again at 9am, of course that's unacceptable. But presumably, if your shift ends at 3am, it would have started at, say, 7pm. 8 hours at work, 16 hours not at work. That's just like everybody else. With that 16 hours, you have time to commute, eat, sleep, or do whatever you wish! Of course, if Disney can't figure out how to schedule CMs such that they can't have this 16-hour separation between shifts, then I guess that's a whole other problem.

• Banned User

all I see is more babies crying, more fussy kids who need to be in bed.
    Sorry but midnight is long.... long enough for anyone. I see kids crying by 10:00 and wonder why mom and dad are not putting them to bed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast