View Poll Results: With all the new shows coming out next year, should Disney extend Peak Hours till 1AM

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 1AM Sounds Great!!

113 61.75%
  • No. Isn't Midnight enough???

55 30.05%
  • Doesn't Matter!

15 8.20%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1A

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    Well, this is coming from our own management team from show support so, I'm probably going to stick with my managers saying, rather than, oh I heard, this was reported to us as definite.

-SPACE
    Okay, you may well be right that POD is staying here another year - but the excuse of "They have no place to put it" is easily solved if they really want to...

A tensioned fabric structure the size they would need for the parade floats can be put up inside of a month, and be inspected and ready to occupy inside of two. And a prefab steel warehouse doesn't take much longer. They can start on the footings as soon as the blueprints arrive and are approved by the local Building Inspectors, and the slab can be poured and curing while the building parts are shipped.

You clear a large strip of land and pour a slab with a perimeter wall footing and large footings for the support beams, give it a week to set. Then bring in a small crane, put up the tensioned fabric building hoops, stretch the fabric, and clamp the bottom edges of the fabric to steel channels fastened to the concrete.

Or put up the main beams for the steel shelter, then the cross beams, then lay out the steel roof sheeting and screw it down. A well organized crew with all the parts on site and pre-sorted can get football field sized steel buildings up and done inside a week.

Give the electricians a week or two to get lights and plugs for the battery chargers inside, and the fire sprinklers will take another week - all done.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Infinitized!

Re: With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1A

I remember when Disneyland was open until 1:00 back in the 80s

I do hope that DCA's offseason hours get extended. I remember getting booted out early last year. I was hoping to ride Tower of Terror when it was dark but didn't get the chance (I did ride it during the day). They are going to have to extend the hours when they put in the World of Color show in the future.

• Fastest Man Alive

And also close at 6 and 7pm, and be closed 2 days a week during the off season, like in past years? What's 1 hour compared to the convenience of being able to go 365days a year, and unless there is a private party, the park never closes before 8pm.
    Let's also not forget that frequently, "for your shopping convenience, main street will remain open for an additional hour". Some of the park is already open until 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Okay, you may well be right that POD is staying here another year - but the excuse of "They have no place to put it" is easily solved if they really want to...

A tensioned fabric structure the size they would need for the parade floats can be put up inside of a month, and be inspected and ready to occupy inside of two. And a prefab steel warehouse doesn't take much longer. They can start on the footings as soon as the blueprints arrive and are approved by the local Building Inspectors, and the slab can be poured and curing while the building parts are shipped.

You clear a large strip of land and pour a slab with a perimeter wall footing and large footings for the support beams, give it a week to set. Then bring in a small crane, put up the tensioned fabric building hoops, stretch the fabric, and clamp the bottom edges of the fabric to steel channels fastened to the concrete.

Or put up the main beams for the steel shelter, then the cross beams, then lay out the steel roof sheeting and screw it down. A well organized crew with all the parts on site and pre-sorted can get football field sized steel buildings up and done inside a week.

Give the electricians a week or two to get lights and plugs for the battery chargers inside, and the fire sprinklers will take another week - all done.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Tell Florida this LOL. This is was Florida told Dland about the whole warehouse issue. I'm totally with you on this one, I don't see what the big deal is about building a new warehouse at WDW since they have the ginormous (sp?) amount of room for one, we're here waiting to send it over LOL. But agree, it shouldn't take that long but POD is indeed staying another year.

-SPACE

• Animation Domination

Knowing many CM it's not fair for them because they are the ones that have to close up the ride. But opening until 1 AM could just be only for the summer and only for the weekend.

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

I remember back in the day when Disneyland stayed open until 1:00am in summer. I can recall that in my wild and crazy youth I thought it was phenominal that the park (or anything for that matter) stayed open past 11:00pm and I routinely stayed as late as I could on my visits to Disneyland.

I know it would be murder on anyone working the late shift at the park to keep things running that late, but I am still a night owl and if Disneyland remained open until 1:00am I would be more than willing to be the last guest out the Main Gate exit turnstyles...

...if my wife would let me...which she wouldn't and rightly so because that is way past our childen's bedtimes.

But if I was there on my own (which ain't gonnas happen because the kids would never forgive Daddy for going alone), you bet I'd stay until 1:00am!

• Minion

The later Disneyland stays open, the better. The park is really nice at night. I love the nightime atmosphere of DL, ecspecially the atmoosphere after the last show of Fantasmic!. The park feels much more serene and peaceful then.

1 AM? Am I the only one who remembers 2 AM closing times? That was AWESOME! We actually felt like we got our money's worth, as we couldn't afford AP's back then...More bang for your buck, imho.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567