View Poll Results: With all the new shows coming out next year, should Disney extend Peak Hours till 1AM

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 1AM Sounds Great!!

113 61.75%
  • No. Isn't Midnight enough???

55 30.05%
  • Doesn't Matter!

15 8.20%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Cool With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1AM!!!

So,

Electrical Parade Returns
    The new Wonder Parade Comes Out
    Fantasmic Gets an Upgrade

and More!

With so many shows, should Disney let Disneyland operate till 1AM on peak seasons like in past years???
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• I can't stand you.

Re: With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1A

That'd be murder on the 3rd shift crews..

• I'm not really here

Re: With a new world of Entertainment next year, let's let Disneyland operate till 1A

Yeah, I think midnight is just fine. 3rd shift needs time to do their job.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I have so many childhood memories of staying out until the park closed at 1, if for no other reason I'd love to do it because of that. But I think it would be great...I love the park at night!

There'd need to be a BIG push and ad campaign surrounding that close time. As it is, the midnight close is barely utilized. I'd like it better if they kept the Midnight close and advertised the heck out of it.

• DCA FTW!

Opening till one sounds good to me. But just during the summer.The night ends too soon after watching the fireworks and fantasmic.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• DCA FTW!

I haven't seen any info on the "Wonder" parade. Any one got the scoop on it?
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    I haven't seen any info on the "Wonder" parade. Any one got the scoop on it?
    The latest rumors are saying it may be a scaled down version of the new parade at Tokyo Disneyland, Jubilation.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

No way, keep it at midnight. The economy probably isn't going to get any better... and with the crowd levels right now, while midnight is nice, it's just funneling funds away.

Only having new entertainment for 2009 isn't going to bring in the crowds.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• It's all about Theme!

The idea is similar to Light Magic's original planned runs. Electrical Parade runs at 9:00 and at 11:00 with Fantasmic also at 9 and the fireworks at 10
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Oh, whatev. There are perks to both I guess, especially with shows "supposedly" starting at 11.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

it's going to be amazing to watch them manage all of this. It's still a pain for them to manage the crowding between fantasmic and the fireworks, I can't imagine what the parade is going to do. I suppose I've already said this but they n33d to figure out some more projection zones for Remember. I miss those old rumors of projection zones and all, the fantasmic zone is still to inferior compared to what it could be.

Anywho as far as late hours go the entertainment does sound like a good reason but I'm going to be honest and say they should open up the new DLR hotel along with a couple other hotels and launch a later hours celebration durring the summer to celebrate the hotels and push up visitation on that level (since hotels are what make early mornings and late hours much more rewarding for visitors and it'd give Disney a good marketing tactic)

• Oo-de-lally

That would be cool but I would feel bad for the parks closing cast members. My sistier used to work the stroller's and some nights she would not get home until 1:45 or 2am when the park closed at midnight. Imagine 1am. She wouldn't get home until 2:45 or 3am. That's just too late.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    It's still a pain for them to manage the crowding between fantasmic and the fireworks, I can't imagine what the parade is going to do.
    It is not. There's a tried-and-true method for dealing with Fantasmic! and fireworks, and a parade would just make things more spread out.

Remember, in the old days it went:
    Electrical Parade 8:50
    Fantasmic! 9:00
    Fireworks: 9:35

Electrical Parade 10:25
    Fantasmic! 10:30

It's been done before, and serves to spread crowds out between the two shows of the parades and Fantasmic!
    As it is, the first Fantasmic! gets packed with only fireworks to compete, and the second serves those who waited for fireworks on Main Street.

Add in a parade and you have half the crowds on the parade route/Firework viewing and half in the Fantasmic! Repeat at 10:30.

• I'm not really here

I do remember that, vaguely. I think it would be wise to run the two simultaneously and thing out the crowds a bit.

Though I'm certain we'll get the usual complaints about the parade route cutting the park in half. Well, maybe not since one half will be Fantasmic, people may just lock themselves into TL for the duration and wait it all out. =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast