Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tomorrowland Terrace

I am getting set for my annual Summer trip to the DLR and was extremely disappointed to see on the schedule that the Tomorrowland Terrace stage no longer has weeknight, live, musical performances. From what I gathered, the only performances are on the weekends. I always thought the music added to the excitement of Tomorrowland, and if you were waiting for NEMO or Space Mountain at night, it provided for good entertainment.

Since i will be making a mid week trip, this means no live music at the park for me.

I guess this is just another example of Tomorrowland whithering away.

• Queen Elsa

Re: Tomorrowland Terrace

From what I hear they are back now. Infact tomorrow and Thursday me and my mom are going to Disneyland cause the band that is playing that is are friends will be there. The bands name by the way is no as Instant Replay. What I get alot of people had compland to no music on weekdays so Disney had changer there mines. I guess Disneyland haden't post it up on there web site yet.

• =)

Hmm, I can't access the listing on the Disneyland website, but I hope you get to enjoy the entertainment you were looking forward to. However, I can't help saying something about this remark:

I guess this is just another example of Tomorrowland whithering away.
    Actually, Tomorrowland isn't withering right now. It's withered, yes, but not withering. The yucky bronze color scheme was removed for the 50th, a previously empty building now houses a somewhat popular (if somewhat cheap and thematically weird) attraction, the subs reopened, and plans are in the works for revamping Star Tours, adding something back to the PeopleMover tracks, building a new E-ticket, and possibly giving the entire land a healthy and much-needed dose of consistent, high-quality theming. Withering? I think not. It's got a lot of problems, and I'm not happy with everything that's been done, and there'll probably be more mistakes in the future, but things aren't getting worse.

EDIT: Oh, and if Tomorrowland Terrace ends up sadly not featuring live music during your trip, you can always try NOS. Better live music, better theming, two amazing attractions with short waits, and countless beautiful views...what else could you want?

• Queen Elsa

I just look on the Disneyland web site and it show on the calendar that starting tomorrow bands are back at Tomorrowland.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm on the Timon tram right now about to leave for the day.

And they did have live music at Tomorrowland Terrace tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm on the Timon tram right now about to leave for the day.

And they did have live music at Tomorrowland Terrace tonight.
    how in the world can you post on this board while riding on a tram. Is DLR a WiFi hot spot?

• =)

A number of people here post from the park. I've never done it--I don't have any Internet-capable mobile devices--but I've used a friend's iPhone to compare online renders of my model of the Indiana Jones show building to the real thing while I was looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    A number of people here post from the park. I've never done it--I don't have any Internet-capable mobile devices--but I've used a friend's iPhone to compare online renders of my model of the Indiana Jones show building to the real thing while I was looking at it.
    I need an iPhone

• =)

Haha, they are indeed pretty cool. I'm just not ready to splurge yet.

I've killed 2 phones at Disneyland,

Lost one in 2002 (but I swear it was pickpocketed from me at the Dole booth near Tiki Room) then had a lapbar on SM shatter a screen on one last summer. Maybe an iPhone at the park isn't the greatest idea for someone like me.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBoySC99 View Post
    I've killed 2 phones at Disneyland,

Lost one in 2002 (but I swear it was pickpocketed from me at the Dole booth near Tiki Room) then had a lapbar on SM shatter a screen on one last summer. Maybe an iPhone at the park isn't the greatest idea for someone like me.
    I actually bought a throw-away $49 flip phone that I could take the sim card out of my iPhone, and put in it just so I wouldnt damage my iPhone. I did that the first few visits to Disneyland, but now I take it and put it in the seat back bags on the faster rides. What sucks is that insurance is not offered on the iPhone from AT&T. I actually had to insure it through state farm as an add on to my other policies.

But yeah, sounds like you wouldnt do to well with an iPhone!
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    EDIT: Oh, and if Tomorrowland Terrace ends up sadly not featuring live music during your trip, you can always try NOS. Better live music, better theming, two amazing attractions with short waits, and countless beautiful views...what else could you want?
    I agree. I've always thought that the Tomorrowland Terrace bands were just an attempt to appeal to mass culture. I'm not sure what music is appropriate and "futuristic," but it certainly isn't the stuff that they play. Plus, I think that the music is way too loud and interferes with the nearby attractions.

• FastPass n00b

I love the bands that play at the Tomorrowland Terrace. It is usually way too loud and the bands play rock 'n' roll songs very few people have heard before, but you just can't beat live music, especially when it's performed on a futuristic-looking stage that pops up out of the ground. It used to sync REALLY well with the Rocket Jets for some reason, I guess cause spinning things and rock always go together. It adds a certain liveliness and edge to the area that makes everything more exciting.

For as "kiddie" of a reputation as Disneyland has with the mainstream, they sure do have a sense of "hip" as well. When they want to do something for the younger crowd, they are no strangers to what they want. Grad Nite is one example, but the Tomorrowland Terrace is another perfect example. They keep the park edgey and hip, without taking it far enough to really change the area in any meaningful way. I don't know who at Disneyland books these bands, but they sure are good at it!

Rock on, Tomorrowland!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    I love the bands that play at the Tomorrowland Terrace. It is usually way too loud and the bands play rock 'n' roll songs very few people have heard before, but you just can't beat live music, especially when it's performed on a futuristic-looking stage that pops up out of the ground. It used to sync REALLY well with the Rocket Jets for some reason, I guess cause spinning things and rock always go together. It adds a certain liveliness and edge to the area that makes everything more exciting.

For as "kiddie" of a reputation as Disneyland has with the mainstream, they sure do have a sense of "hip" as well. When they want to do something for the younger crowd, they are no strangers to what they want. Grad Nite is one example, but the Tomorrowland Terrace is another perfect example. They keep the park edgey and hip, without taking it far enough to really change the area in any meaningful way. I don't know who at Disneyland books these bands, but they sure are good at it!

Rock on, Tomorrowland!
    Perfectly stated. As my childhood memories get foggier and foggier, I still remember the liveliness of that area when the live bands are performing.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I personally liked the bands at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Sometimes the band played the cheesiest cover songs.. but I shared some awesome memories with great friends dancing like a crazy person during those times.

Yes.. there are moments where the music doesn't quite mesh well with the atmosphere.. but nothing is perfect!

I do remember waiting in line for Nemo when it first opened and there was a band playing some old disco song, I forget which.. Anyway.. there was a man in line claiming to his family that Disneyland was playing "the devil's music" and they had to try hard NOT to listen to it..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast