View Poll Results: Matar's Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tractor Tipping Theme

    12 42.86%
  • Typical Modified Off the Shelf Spinning Flat Ride

    2 7.14%
  • Niether of the Above - The Ride Will Be Something Else Altogether Different

    14 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    It looks to me like it has much more in common with TDL's Hunny Hunt and TDS's Aquatopia than anything else, for what it's worth -- probably not much given that I might have posted on this website ten times in history.

    Nope, not even ten.
    I'm pretty sure that it will not be trackless, thus not quite like HH or Aquatopia.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  2. #17

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    36

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    My impression is that it's basically an outdoor version of Roger Rabbit. This attraction is horrible idea, a junk yard in the middle of the park? Oh yeah, that's going to be beautiful. The location, concept, and proposed execution of this ride are all bad. They have limited space and this is what they're going to use it for? It's a pathetic attempt to desperately squeeze one more popular Cars character in for no reason. Larry the Cable Guy screams Disney to me, he must not be left out, yeah right. This is the single worst proposal of the entire DCA makeover project. I can't wait 'till it gets ripped out, fortunately my guess is that will happen within 3 years after it's built. That real estate is just way too valuable to play host to this crap.
    good lord, should we run it past the micechat citizens review board just to insure this holy abomination doesn't ever grace the park?

  3. #18

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    My impression is that it's basically an outdoor version of Roger Rabbit. This attraction is horrible idea, a junk yard in the middle of the park? Oh yeah, that's going to be beautiful. The location, concept, and proposed execution of this ride are all bad. They have limited space and this is what they're going to use it for? It's a pathetic attempt to desperately squeeze one more popular Cars character in for no reason. Larry the Cable Guy screams Disney to me, he must not be left out, yeah right. This is the single worst proposal of the entire DCA makeover project. I can't wait 'till it gets ripped out, fortunately my guess is that will happen within 3 years after it's built. That real estate is just way too valuable to play host to this crap.
    If you're implying that Matar's will be laden with junky scrap, oil and grease, I think that you arte a might premature in that judgement call. The action of the junkyard vehicles will draw constant crowds to this immersively themed unique ride / customized ride system. Besides, one sould always remember that the squeeky wheel gets the grease..

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I think it's a custom ride. From the renderings, it almost looks like a cycle-ride version of Mr. Toad crossed with Roger Rabbit, going at higher than average speeds, careening around and through obstacles, and spinning. If anything, it looks to be a very fun ride.



    Could you at least wait and see how it turns out? Remember, they aren't just plopping this ride in the middle of the Pacific Wharf, it's located in an area focused on Cars, and Mater is a character in Cars. The junkyard is a locale in the movie, just like Luigi's, Flo's, and Fillmore's, and not to mention Mater is as popular as the Lightning Mcqueen, so it makes sense to theme it to Mater and his junkyard. The imagineers could really make this area intricate, even if it is "just" a junkyard. When you look at it, Junkyard Jamboree fits better in the area than the Roamin' Tires. What are flying saucers doing in Radiator Springs? Why are they shaped like tires? I think that Luigi's is just a way to bring a classic back, not to have it add to the atmosphere.



    We already have a smaller Cars Race Rally in Francis' Ladybug Boogie. Same ride system, just double the switching disks and different vehicles. I doubt they would essentially copy a ride like that and place it in the same park. The renderings show that the vehicles will be going down a track in a very random path, which wouldn't be feasible with that type of system.
    You have a vivid imagination, stitchon. Let's hope that we will see all of the action that you have dscribed here - olus tractor tipping.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #19

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I would venture to guess that it will be a standard ride system with maybe a few custom upgrades to the ride system and a lot of theming to go around it.
    Why would you venture guess that Lasseter and Glendale are planning to make the same mistake that Pressler/Harris and Eisner did?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it will not be trackless, thus not quite like HH or Aquatopia.
    Is there some reason that you are actually hoping Matar's will be built on the cheap and fail? You're entitled to your opinion - buuuuuuuuut, I really don't see the objectivity here.

    Quote Originally Posted by custodialcleaner View Post
    good lord, should we run it past the micechat citizens review board just to insure this holy abomination doesn't ever grace the park?
    If the review board is more creative than WDI, the ride is sure to get a fair hearing ........NOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    It looks to me like it has much more in common with TDL's Hunny Hunt and TDS's Aquatopia than anything else, for what it's worth -- probably not much given that I might have posted on this website ten times in history.

    Nope, not even ten.
    I think that you're on to something here. You're right on track with your trackless deduction. In terms of posts, Madison, it's quality and not quantity. Keep up the good work - just love your sarcastic wit!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2008 at 06:42 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  5. #20

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    36

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

    If the review board is more creative than WDI, the ride is sure to get a fairt hearing ........NOT!
    i think the MCRB failed, the esplanade looks like a junkyard with that honda parked in it, or is that the MCRB recommending a prototype test if people are accepting of a junkyard?

  6. #21

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by custodialcleaner View Post
    i think the MCRB failed, the esplanade looks like a junkyard with that honda parked in it, or is that the MCRB recommending a prototype test if people are accepting of a junkyard?

    MCRB = Mucho Crappy Review Board The prototype testing has lasted since DCA opened it's gates. People rejected the junkyard each and every day for years. On dedication day, Roy Disney belched and farted - Art Linkletter regurgitated - and Baddy Ebson had a cardiac arrest.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #22

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    You have a vivid imagination, stitchon. Let's hope that we will see all of the action that you have described here - plus tractor tipping.
    You should see what I want to see happen to HKDL's Haunted Mansion. Check out the thread.

    Also, I could see an effect happening to incorporate the tractor tipping idea into the end of the ride, how about Mater honks his horn, the vehicles stop moving, and they perform a little wheelie and make the fart sound similar to what happens in the movie. I also say that they should play the song they used in Cars when they light up the town. It would be a very nice touch and add a little extra something for people who have seen the movie.
    Last edited by stitchon; 07-09-2008 at 07:10 PM.

  8. #23

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    34

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    the ride should be backwards the whole time and you should have a horn you can honk that makes the tractors tip over! haha.
    I had the same idea! It would be great!
    Cristabel ~ Disneyland AP Holder


  9. #24

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    You should see what I want to see happen to HKDL's Haunted Mansion. Check out the thread.

    Also, I could see an effect happening to incorporate the tractor tipping idea into the end of the ride, how about Mater honks his horn, the vehicles stop moving, and they perform a little wheelie and make the fart sound similar to what happens in the movie. I also say that they should play the song they used in Cars when they light up the town. It would be a very nice touch and add a little extra something for people who have seen the movie.
    I tip my tractor ..er, my hat to you on that ride finale. A sputtering fart as the tactors colaps would make my day. A 21 toot salute to you, stitchon.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  10. #25

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Maybe I overstated my position, but I just inherantly don't like the idea of a junk yard in the middle of the park. I'd rather they changed the location mostly. In a way, I do hope the attraction fails a little. Perhaps it will be a cool ride, I could see it being interesting if they do use a trackless design, but in the end, I think there are a lot of reasons that the location is bad and there is an overall overload on Cars related attractions planned. I could envision it being a very fun ride, even drawing a crowd to watch, it if it has trackless cars that do neat tricks, but that is not all that makes a good theme park.

    I don't think this placerment will really make for a well defined land. Cars Land, or whatever it ends up being called, should have a clear sense of entry and definition of it's boundries. It will seem really odd between the Carthay and Pacific Wharf for there to be an attraction like this. I'm sorry, but putting a junk yard, litterally right in the middle of the park, also just invites ridicule. Especially, for a park that is already litterally hated by many people. I don't hate DCA, and I love a lot of the plans for this project, and I'm really excited about the project overall, I just think this is one of a few decisions that are very questionable.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  11. #26

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Maybe I overstated my position, but I just inherantly don't like the idea of a junk yard in the middle of the park. I'd rather they changed the location mostly. In a way, I do hope the attraction fails a little. Perhaps it will be a cool ride, I could see it being interesting if they do use a trackless design, but in the end, I think there are a lot of reasons that the location is bad and there is an overall overload on Cars related attractions planned. I could envision it being a very fun ride, even drawing a crowd to watch, it if it has trackless cars that do neat tricks, but that is not all that makes a good theme park.

    I don't think this placerment will really make for a well defined land. Cars Land, or whatever it ends up being called, should have a clear sense of entry and definition of it's boundries. It will seem really odd between the Carthay and Pacific Wharf for there to be an attraction like this. I'm sorry, but putting a junk yard, litterally right in the middle of the park, also just invites ridicule. Especially, for a park that is already litterally hated by many people. I don't hate DCA, and I love a lot of the plans for this project, and I'm really excited about the project overall, I just think this is one of a few decisions that are very questionable.
    Don't sweat it Uncle Bob. Practiclaly all of your posts are well thought out, well expressed and cool. If everyone agreed all the time, it would be a junky, boring world. On opening day of MJJ, you'll probabnly end up loving it - while I end up hating it. Then, we'll have a blast reversing our current arguement.

  12. #27

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Don't sweat it Uncle Bob. Practiclaly all of your posts are well thought out, well expressed and cool. If everyone agreed all the time, it would be a junky, boring world. On opening day of MJJ, you'll probabnly end up loving it - while I end up hating it. Then, we'll have a blast reversing our current arguement.
    I don't doubt that I may end up thinking it's a fun ride, my concerns are about theme and masterplanning. Hopefully, with clever layout and landscaping some of the problems I've pointed out can be somewhat prevented from feeling too weird. I very much want this project to be succesful overall. I want phase 2, gate 3, and all the other resort expansion plans to happen, and all that very much hinges on the success of this upcoming work. That's the only reason that I care so much, I just don't want to see them make any more mistakes with this park.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  13. #28

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I don't doubt that I may end up thinking it's a fun ride, my concerns are about theme and masterplanning. Hopefully, with clever layout and landscaping some of the problems I've pointed out can be somewhat prevented from feeling too weird. I very much want this project to be succesful overall. I want phase 2, gate 3, and all the other resort expansion plans to happen, and all that very much hinges on the success of this upcoming work. That's the only reason that I care so much, I just don't want to see them make any more mistakes with this park.
    Absolutely. Disney can't afford to blow it again with this expensive makeover.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  14. #29

    • Addicted to MC since '08
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    on MC
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Here is a link to a great page in the LA Times that pretty much summarizes the majority of the ride.

    http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal...%99s-tow-1004/

  15. #30

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Here is a link to a great page in the LA Times that pretty much summarizes the majority of the ride.

    http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal...%99s-tow-1004/
    Thanks for the new link, DisneyPro. Talk about a spinning winning experience!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Mater's Junkyard Jamboree Vehicle Prototype Test
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 04:47 PM
  2. [Chat] Tow Mater's Junkyard Jubilee May Boast Unique and Unexpected FlatRide System
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 02:57 PM
  3. [Question] what type of ride do you think WDW should put in that all the other theme parks have
    By man_eating_plant in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 09:52 PM
  4. Trading Royal Sky Flat #2s for Royal Sky Flat #1s or Corners
    By RocketRods in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •